Projected 2014 Depth Chart (UPDATED)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: Projected 2014 Depth Chart (UPDATED)

Post by GrandpaDuck »

I am not sure about Lowe being in the slot. I heard a Coach mention him having a Tazer like skill set but his most proven talent is as a blocker. I am guessing he'll play his same left side wide receiver role. Stanford will take one of the other two positions, likely right side wide out (highly unlikely but not impossible he could end up in the slot as they have gone with height in the slot before with Hawkins and LT ).

I would have bet before spring Carrington would easily win the #3 WR spot, but it appears he has been behind C Allen most of the time. Then "big stage" D Allen might do his thing yet again in the next scrimmage and hurdle them both on the depth chart.

I suspect the winner of the competition between the Allen's, Carrington, Nelson and Kelly for third starter will end up the first or second leading receiver on the team. Would be kind of cool to pick the slot based on the opposing defenses safeties. Make big safeties have to chase a D Allen or Nelson, and overpower smaller safeties with Carrington and C Allen.

Now after typing all this crap watch Jalen Brown or Daich or Schuler get the spot.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Phenom wrote:Just shuffled a few things around. It's looking like Fisher was moved to LT after Johnstone's injury and Andre and Hunt will battle for the RT spot. This also means that Crosby is unlikely to redshirt.
Is there anything besides Moseley's "Jake Fisher was one of the last guys off the field, and looked to be working on his footwork coming out of a left tackle stance" from yesterday's (8/13/14) practice report that seems to have so many believing that Fisher is stepping in at LT in place of Johnstone? That couldn't have simply been Fisher working on supplying depth to that position? So all that initial media flourish about AY stepping in for TJ really doesn't amount to anything? Interesting if true, but I would wonder what that would do for AY's confidence, something he has reportedly struggled with. Hopefully Moseley's continuing practice reports will make it clear soon enough.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Greenblood wrote:
Phenom wrote:Just shuffled a few things around. It's looking like Fisher was moved to LT after Johnstone's injury and Andre and Hunt will battle for the RT spot. This also means that Crosby is unlikely to redshirt.
Is there anything besides Moseley's "Jake Fisher was one of the last guys off the field, and looked to be working on his footwork coming out of a left tackle stance" from yesterday's (8/13/14) practice report that seems to have so many believing that Fisher is stepping in at LT in place of Johnstone? That couldn't have simply been Fisher working on supplying depth to that position? So all that initial media flourish about AY stepping in for TJ really doesn't amount to anything? Interesting if true, but I would wonder what that would do for AY's confidence, something he has reportedly struggled with. Hopefully Moseley's continuing practice reports will make it clear soon enough.
I don't see why it would hurt Andre's confidence if he was moved to the right side.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Guess it's just hard for me to imagine the rather inexperienced Andre starting in front of Hunt after Hunt's year last year.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Greenblood wrote:Guess it's just hard for me to imagine the rather inexperienced Andre starting in front of Hunt after Hunt's year last year.
He wouldn't be starting in front of him....Hunt would still be starting at guard.

Barring injuries, it looks like the starters on the offensive line will be Fisher, Stevens, Grasu, Hunt and Andre Y. It is just a matter of which positions they are shuffled to.
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

gogreen55 wrote:
Greenblood wrote:Guess it's just hard for me to imagine the rather inexperienced Andre starting in front of Hunt after Hunt's year last year.
He wouldn't be starting in front of him....Hunt would still be starting at guard.

Barring injuries, it looks like the starters on the offensive line will be Fisher, Stevens, Grasu, Hunt and Andre Y. It is just a matter of which positions they are shuffled to.
This was my thinking as well. I would agree with you Greenblood, if Hunt is moved to right tackle and say Loutesi or someone is put in as RG and Andre Y is left out then that's a huge confidence killer.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Greenblood wrote:
Yes, there was a practice report of his where he mentioned that the OL with JF at LT and Yruretagoyena at RT looked like the best combo against the Defense that day in scrimmaging.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Thanks, gents. Obviously, the main thing is that Greatwood comes up with a rotation that works.

And it looks like Dominique Harrison got hurt, btw (http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... _hi_3.html):

Junior college transfer corner Dominique Harrison left practice on crutches and wearing a left knee brace. Per Oregon's policy of not discussing injuries, no way of knowing how serious it might be.

Hopefully we have enough secondary depth to absorb whatever this is.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

I don't think the Harrison injury will be a huge deal, although it obviously is not welcome news. You normally want to enter a season with 5 corners you feel pretty confident playing. The Ducks still have a solid two-deep at corner with Ifo, Troy Hill, Dior Mathis and Chris Seisay. I don't know how much, if at all, the Amoako twins can be relied upon for depth. If Arrion Springs can catch on fast enough, he might leapfrog the Amoako twins for that #5 corner role.
andreezy
Two Star Recruit

Post by andreezy »

I agree, although it's just one Amoako now. Add to that the fact that Juwaan Williams has played both corner and safety for us while redshirting.
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

andreezy wrote:I agree, although it's just one Amoako now. Add to that the fact that Juwaan Williams has played both corner and safety for us while redshirting.
One Amoako? Did I miss something? Or more likely forget something? lol
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Thought one of em transferred
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

duckfan96 wrote:Thought one of em transferred
You are right.

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... ck_er.html
Last edited by gogreen55 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

no one of the amoko's really did transfer
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I heard Coach Neal say that Troy Hill is playing so well this camp that if TMitch was back he wouldn't be sure if he'd have kept his spot. Put Dior in the slot and thats a crispy group of corners in front of Dargan and whoever grabs the other spot.