Questions Thread

You can talk about all sim related stuff here.

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Questions Thread

Post by UOducksTK1 »

gregspechtismyhero wrote:Is there a set sim schedule? Or is it just going to be whenever you get off work
For weekdays, it'll always be around 530pm - 930pm pst. If that changes for some reason, I'll let you guys know.

For weekends, it's unpredictable. But generally Saturday I can probably do it in the morning / afternoon. And Sundays, probably in the evening.

I'll probably do 5 day sims, unless I miss a day, then I'll do 10.

If something changes I'll try to post and let you guys know though.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:My team is first in the league in steals and 3rd in blocks, almost all my players have a high defensive rating, but I'm last in rebounding. Even with the good defensive statistics I'm 8th to last in PPG. So I'm 2-8... does rebounding have that big of an impact?
You're team can't score because you have no scorers. You have 4 scoring (inside and outside) categories with B- or higher. That might be the worst in the league. And you're bad at rebounding because your starting PF has C rebounding and SF has C- rebounding. Sure the good defense helps, but if you don't have anyone who can score, then it won't help your offense.

Everything matters in the end, but there's little things that FBB favors then others. For example, having good shot blockers is a big boost for trying to have a well rounded team.
Yeah I'm definitely not a very good offensive team. I should have clarified better though, I was wondering about my defensive PPG and why it was so bad even with good defensive statistics and individual player ratings.
You guys are forcing lots of turnovers, but you are getting out rebounded 50-43. But beyond that, teams are shooting VERY high FG and 3point percentages on you. Not exactly sure why.

Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

You said that players drafted within the first 5 rounds have automatic bird years right?
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:My team is first in the league in steals and 3rd in blocks, almost all my players have a high defensive rating, but I'm last in rebounding. Even with the good defensive statistics I'm 8th to last in PPG. So I'm 2-8... does rebounding have that big of an impact?
You're team can't score because you have no scorers. You have 4 scoring (inside and outside) categories with B- or higher. That might be the worst in the league. And you're bad at rebounding because your starting PF has C rebounding and SF has C- rebounding. Sure the good defense helps, but if you don't have anyone who can score, then it won't help your offense.

Everything matters in the end, but there's little things that FBB favors then others. For example, having good shot blockers is a big boost for trying to have a well rounded team.
Yeah I'm definitely not a very good offensive team. I should have clarified better though, I was wondering about my defensive PPG and why it was so bad even with good defensive statistics and individual player ratings.
You guys are forcing lots of turnovers, but you are getting out rebounded 50-43. But beyond that, teams are shooting VERY high FG and 3point percentages on you. Not exactly sure why.
Yeah me neither ha. Thanks for the help.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Phenom wrote:You said that players drafted within the first 5 rounds have automatic bird years right?
If they're contracts are less than 3 years.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Phenom wrote:You said that players drafted within the first 5 rounds have automatic bird years right?
This is correct. By the time they expire, they should all have at least 3 bird years. If not, let me know.

Brophdog88
Senior
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Brophdog88 »

can we get a separate subforum for the sims?
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Brophdog88 wrote:can we get a separate subforum for the sims?
General Discussion is already a nested forum, so having a sims subforum would be an additional level. If people are fine with that then sure. Personally, I find it easier just to post each sim thread in the general discussion area (as opposed to a subforum).

Brophdog88
Senior
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Brophdog88 »

it gets hard to look back through for the sims is all, nice when they are all grouped together
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

If i'm under that cap, can I make a trade that brings me over that cap?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pudgejeff wrote:If i'm under that cap, can I make a trade that brings me over that cap?
Yes, as long as the 115% trade rule is true.

DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

Does FBB allow protection on future draft picks?
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

DmoneyDuck wrote:Does FBB allow protection on future draft picks?
Yes. Be sure to be specific however. If you say 1995 top 10 protected pick, it is assumed it's only protected for one year. So make sure it says top 10 protected forever, or top 10 in 95, top 8 in 96, top 3 in 97 etc.
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

Is the sim league part of the forum no longer accesible from tapatalk?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pudgejeff wrote:Is the sim league part of the forum no longer accesible from tapatalk?
Correct. Too many people were complaining about it (which is understandable since this is a Ducks forum). I apologize for the convenience.