Questions Thread

You can talk about all sim related stuff here.

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

rpmunn
Four Star Recruit
GM: Washington Bullets

Re: Questions Thread

Post by rpmunn »

When will we see a list of players that will be available in future drafts? Is the best way to simply google past nba drafts?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

rpmunn wrote:When will we see a list of players that will be available in future drafts? Is the best way to simply google past nba drafts?
That, and should have a draft preview up in a week or so.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Brophdog88
Senior
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Brophdog88 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:If i'm under that cap, can I make a trade that brings me over that cap?
Yes, as long as the 115% trade rule is true.
you sure Ducky? I dont think you can in game
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Brophdog88 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:If i'm under that cap, can I make a trade that brings me over that cap?
Why not? I'm pretty sure you can.

If team A has .5 cap space, and trades 10 mil in salaries, but receives 10.6 mil in salaries, the trade should still work, despite them going over the cap.

Brophdog88
Senior
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Brophdog88 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Brophdog88 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

If team A has .5 cap space, and trades 10 mil in salaries, but receives 10.6 mil in salaries, the trade should still work, despite them going over the cap.
no, I mean the game itself doesnt allow it, the team has to go over the cap before the deal for that to work
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Brophdog88 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
Brophdog88 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

no, I mean the game itself doesnt allow it, the team has to go over the cap before the deal for that to work
huh, actually did not know that. That's pretty crazy.

rpmunn
Four Star Recruit

Post by rpmunn »

Are we able to sign guys to contract extensions prior to them becoming free agents?
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

rpmunn wrote:Are we able to sign guys to contract extensions prior to them becoming free agents?
No. However before free agency some guys(maybe 40-50%) will give you their offer and you have the option to re-sign them before they officially become free agents.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Weren't we supposed to have a training camp before the season?
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Phenom wrote:Weren't we supposed to have a training camp before the season?
Every season except this one we'll have a training camp where ratings will change
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Dang. Wish we could have had one this year since I have a young team.
rpmunn
Four Star Recruit

Post by rpmunn »

How does the draft lottery work? Is it the same as how the nba does it with the worst team having the best chance at #1 pick? Also in the nba the worst team can't end up picking any lower than fourth. Is it the same here?
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

rpmunn wrote:How does the draft lottery work? Is it the same as how the nba does it with the worst team having the best chance at #1 pick? Also in the nba the worst team can't end up picking any lower than fourth. Is it the same here?
http://www.nba.com/history/lottery_probabilities.html

look at 2001 that is the year the odds are based on. Yes the worst can at worst end up 4
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

I know someone answered this before but I can't find it...At what age do players stop getting better in the TC and what age do they start to get worse?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pudgejeff wrote:I know someone answered this before but I can't find it...At what age do players stop getting better in the TC and what age do they start to get worse?
There's no set age. I've seen guys in their 30s still have some nice TCs. But generally, potential, age, and experience do effect player development. However, potential has the strongest influence.

Potential ranges from 0-100. So once a player starts reaching the 50 potential mark, he starts having neutral TCs and will start declining. And when you have 100 potential, your room for improvement is maximized and you'll see some very strong TCs.

Typically though, if a guy has 80-100 potential and is like 21 years old out of the draft, I think the point of decline is roughly 28-30 years old.

Everyone is different though. Some guys even with high potential can have bad TCs, and vice versa.