Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Re: Oregon @ UCLA (Thu 8pm pst ESPN2)

Post by pudgejeff »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Image
Should have obviously been a violation on UCLA.
Which would have been a T.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Should have obviously been a violation on UCLA.

I have a better chance of winning power ball then
pac-12 officials seeing the obvious. But this is what you
get when you hire from the Oregon school of the blind.
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

One of the best sporting events I've ever attended. There were some absolutely atrocious calls in the game.

UCLA fans were very welcoming - great all around experience.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

uostudent wrote:One of the best sporting events I've ever attended. There were some absolutely atrocious calls in the game.

lol how did you feel after Wear hit that 3?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
uostudent wrote:One of the best sporting events I've ever attended. There were some absolutely atrocious calls in the game.

I was with a UCLA booster and prior to the shot, he was like "come on, let's head out"...I told him that the game wasn't quite over and wanted to wait.....

It felt absolutely terrible. I was pretty perplexed as to why Young didn't miss the 2nd free throw. Fortunately, Oregon ended up with the W.

UCLA fans were very gracious in defeat. I had a number of UCLA fans congratulate me after the conclusion of the game.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

uostudent wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

I was with a UCLA booster and prior to the shot, he was like "come on, let's head out"...I told him that the game wasn't quite over and wanted to wait.....

It felt absolutely terrible. I was pretty perplexed as to why Young didn't miss the 2nd free throw. Fortunately, Oregon ended up with the W.

UCLA fans were very gracious in defeat. I had a number of UCLA fans congratulate me after the conclusion of the game.
He was trying to miss it.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I think in that situation that purposefully missing the FT is a terrible idea for the reason we saw: the worst that can happen with a 3pt lead is you go to OT. You miss that and somehow they get a good 3/4 court shot and you can lose. The in-bound defense was atrocious yes but it doesn't change the fact that the best choice was to make it and take the chance that they can't tie it rather than win it.
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

Duck07 wrote:I think in that situation that purposefully missing the FT is a terrible idea for the reason we saw: the worst that can happen with a 3pt lead is you go to OT. You miss that and somehow they get a good 3/4 court shot and you can lose. The in-bound defense was atrocious yes but it doesn't change the fact that the best choice was to make it and take the chance that they can't tie it rather than win it.
I agree with 100%, that's why I was doubly mad a Dana, first for wanting him to miss and 2nd for not having a plan if it happens to go in, you could tell he doesn't by the way Young looks at him after it goes in, he puts arms up like what do we do?