Undefeated

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Undefeated

Post by QuackininBama »

I know..............sounds crazy, but I am calling it now. The Ducks will go undefeated and win the National Championship this year.

I look at our roster, our schedule, the best teams in the nation, their rosters..............Guys.........this is our year.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Re: Undefeated

Post by pezsez1 »

I also think we'll go undefeated until the playoff... but then, it's anyone's game.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

MSU, Stanford, @ UCLA. Really it comes down to those 3 big games. I think @ Utah and @ OSU could give us some issues, but those games are all after our most difficult match ups.

Should be a fun season.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

I think we'll be 1-0 after Saturday. Even teams like wsu scare me in the Palouse. So I'll go game by game. Better for my heart.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

I think that it's possible to go undefeated if we stick to the "Win The Day", one game at a time, philosophy. I think our biggest challenge will be staying healthy for 15 consecutive games. With tough games against Michigan State and our Pac-12 schedule, which may be the best conference top to bottom in the country, we'll definitely be challenged. By midseason our true freshman should be well schooled, so we can go "next man up" if we have to in a few spots without missing too much, but we're still thin in a few areas.

We have the talent to do it. We'll need some luck along the way, too.
John 3:36
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

As long as Marcus is healthy, not to many teams will be able to slow us down. Last year our bread and butter inside zone read, was stuffed, but with a motivated Tyner and a man child Freeman, that won't be the case again this year. Plus I think our inside blocking will be leaps and bounds better than last year.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

QuackininBama wrote:I know..............sounds crazy, but I am calling it now. The Ducks will go undefeated and win the National Championship this year.

I look at our roster, our schedule, the best teams in the nation, their rosters..............Guys.........this is our year.
Thank God, I am not alone....I keep getting flack from friends and family for my optimistic views each year....Well deserved no doubt, until we win it all....I am with you Quackin....This IS the year....GOOOOOOOOO DUCKS
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

duckfan22 wrote:I think we'll be 1-0 after Saturday. Even teams like wsu scare me in the Palouse. So I'll go game by game. Better for my heart.
Agreed. There are 4 games on the Oregon schedule that I can't fathom any possible way the Ducks lose (South Dakota, Wyoming, California, Colorado). There are no gimmes beyond that.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I also believe we'll be undefeated, through this Saturday, which is all that matters. I know as fans we can make predictions and have fun, but I guess I've become so emotionally invested in Oregon football I just take it one game at a time, even as a fan.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

SuperDuck wrote:I think that it's possible to go undefeated if we stick to the "Win The Day", one game at a time, philosophy. I think our biggest challenge will be staying healthy for 15 consecutive games. With tough games against Michigan State and our Pac-12 schedule, which may be the best conference top to bottom in the country, we'll definitely be challenged. By midseason our true freshman should be well schooled, so we can go "next man up" if we have to in a few spots without missing too much, but we're still thin in a few areas.

I know you want this, but the coaches just ain't doing it. Helfrich and Mariota were both talking about games on the schedule like MSU and Stanford.
DAT#6
Four Star Recruit

Post by DAT#6 »

Like others have stated a 15 games schedule is long, and the injuries are already piling up, with 3 potentially done for the season. If we don't get too many more injuries, and the OL and LB play much better than last year, I think we have a slim shot at winning it all.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

Duck07 wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:I think that it's possible to go undefeated if we stick to the "Win The Day", one game at a time, philosophy. I think our biggest challenge will be staying healthy for 15 consecutive games. With tough games against Michigan State and our Pac-12 schedule, which may be the best conference top to bottom in the country, we'll definitely be challenged. By midseason our true freshman should be well schooled, so we can go "next man up" if we have to in a few spots without missing too much, but we're still thin in a few areas.

I know you want this, but the coaches just ain't doing it. Helfrich and Mariota were both talking about games on the schedule like MSU and Stanford.
Helfrich said that they were 100% focused on South Dakota this week and weren't looking ahead to MSU, though. I guess we'll have to wait and see how it turns out.
John 3:36
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

SuperDuck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:

Helfrich said that they were 100% focused on South Dakota this week and weren't looking ahead to MSU, though. I guess we'll have to wait and see how it turns out.
Just because CK and the team all used to preach about WTD and how they didn't look ahead, doesn't mean that they didn't. Everyone and I mean everyone...even South Dakota...has looked past this weekend to see whats next... :shock:
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

DAT#6 wrote:Like others have stated a 15 games schedule is long, and the injuries are already piling up, with 3 potentially done for the season. If we don't get too many more injuries, and the OL and LB play much better than last year, I think we have a slim shot at winning it all.
Three? Who is the third?
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

While I can't imagine ever actually predicting an undefeated season for the Ducks, there are a couple of scheduling things that just might help the Ducks slightly. 1) The Ducks have an extra couple of days of preparation before the game at UCLA compared to the Bruins due to the Ducks' having their conference home opener Thu. night, Oct. 2, vs. Arizona; and 2) they have one extra day before they host Stanford because of that Friday night game vs. Cal at Levi's Stadium.