Wyoming @ #2 Oregon

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Wyoming @ #2 Oregon

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:I bet we see Lockie here now. I think Mariota has done enough to sit out the rest of the game.
He was throwing left-handed on the sideline. I think that might say it all, lol
What a screw-off. Helfrich needs to nip that kind of behavior in the bud. :lol:
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

why DBs playing so soft?
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Post by JIDuck97 »

rockthief wrote:why DBs playing so soft?
To keep the ball in front of them.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Not that it matters but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Ducks drop in the AP Poll and lose some first place votes. Poor defensive performance, the score doesn't give justice to how well Wyoming's office has played.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

gofightingducks wrote:Not that it matters but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Ducks drop in the AP Poll and lose some first place votes. Poor defensive performance, the score doesn't give justice to how well Wyoming's office has played.
Wyoming is not a bad team. Sound fundamentals and some good players, good coach. Bet they would give a lot of Pac 12 teams fits. Bet they go on to have a pretty good year.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

gofightingducks wrote:Not that it matters but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Ducks drop in the AP Poll and lose some first place votes. Poor defensive performance, the score doesn't give justice to how well Wyoming's office has played.
We say the same thing every week: "Oh the game was much closer than the score would indicate." At some point, we need to recognize that part of the ducks' strategy is 'bend but don't break' and 'score in bunches'. It's been that way for a number of years now.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

The stat line is bad. This could be an opportunity for Helfrich and Pellum to get these guys to not look ahead or the Ducks D really is pretty poor.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Your selling Bohl and Wyoming short. Anyone who knows anything about college football knew Wyoming was going to play well. They are well coached, disciplined, and motivated. That is the staple of a Bohl coached team.
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Post by JIDuck97 »

QuackininBama wrote:
Your selling Bohl and Wyoming short. Anyone who knows anything about college football knew Wyoming was going to play well. They are well coached, disciplined, and motivated. That is the staple of a Bohl coached team.
^Exactly. The fact Oregon has done so well against them is more a testament to how good Oregon is.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Nice little run by Lockie. He's no Mariota, but he's got a bit of shiftiness to him.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

3rd and goal... TD Benoit!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Doh!
Last edited by woundedknees on Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

woundedknees wrote:3rd and goal... TD Benoit!
Good to see Oregon getting some backups some run and a TD.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:
woundedknees wrote:3rd and goal... TD Benoit!
Good to see Oregon getting some backups some run and a TD.
Yea, Brenner needs the reps at C and I'm glad to see Pisarcik still at RG as he needs all the reps he can get as an emerging young G. Also, we're seeing Hunt transition to RT now and with Pisarcik playing so well it fortunately allows us to get him more time outside. I couldn't see who was on the left side and if Matt Pierson is still in or not, I'd have to believe so.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

QuackininBama wrote:

I agree with what everyone has said it is just frustrating to see such a high third down conversion rate every week.