Four Star Recruit

Re: Hearing some rumblings about Chance Allen

Post by mm55 »

MM in Cali
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

So, based on Helfrich's comments, it certainly appears that Thorburn was right that there is "something" going on with Chance Allen . . .
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Duck07 wrote:
mm55 wrote:well clearly there is something going on because Helfrich made some comments about it today.
There may yet be fire to this smoke but his comments also didn't sound like it could be anything as well. Maybe he just had some teeth removed and that is why he didn't suit up for the game and practice.
And Chance is listed as the backup slot WR behind Devon Allen in this weeks game notes (p7)

http://www.goducks.com/pdf9/2790192.pdf

I'm going with Chance had some illness befall him and nothing more. For starters, the OreGOONian didn't show what question they asked Helf, just his response so that they can make much ado over nothing.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Duck07 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
mm55 wrote:well clearly there is something going on because Helfrich made some comments about it today.
There may yet be fire to this smoke but his comments also didn't sound like it could be anything as well. Maybe he just had some teeth removed and that is why he didn't suit up for the game and practice.
And Chance is listed as the backup slot WR behind Devon Allen in this weeks game notes (p7)

http://www.goducks.com/pdf9/2790192.pdf

I'm going with Chance had some illness befall him and nothing more. For starters, the OreGOONian didn't show what question they asked Helf, just his response so that they can make much ado over nothing.
I dunno. "Allen is still on the team". That doesn't sound very good to me. Sounds downright serious in fact.
mm55
Four Star Recruit

Post by mm55 »

Agree-likely more than an illness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MM in Cali
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Reading between the lines, sounds like Allen violated team rules and Helf saying "Allen is still on this team" is basically saying, "his destiny is in his hands."

Helf definitely isn't a softy in how he handles disciplinary issues.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
KingofDucks
Four Star Recruit

Post by KingofDucks »

Chance definitely broke team rules. What he did, I'm not sure, yet. But I know he didn't practice yesterday and had a meeting in Helf's office. Trying to get more details.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

KingofDucks wrote:Chance definitely broke team rules. What he did, I'm not sure, yet. But I know he didn't practice yesterday and had a meeting in Helf's office. Trying to get more details.
Stupid question here but are there really a set of team rules or is it more of a someone did something stupid and that's just what we call it?
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

justducky0 wrote:That might be the stupidest thing I have ever read. So you're telling me a football player was in street clothes heading to the football building. HOLY s*** HOLD THE PRESS. Honestly yall read wayyyyyy to much into every little thing these guys do. Also How does one look like he is going for a meeting? What if he forgot his phone in the building... what if he was meeting up with some friends. Thorburn is a joke.
lol
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

Honestly, with Keanon and Devon, and Bralon possibly returning in a few weeks (just a rumor I've heard) we are pretty set at reciever with or without Chance.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
KingofDucks
Four Star Recruit

Post by KingofDucks »

FlDuckFan wrote:
KingofDucks wrote:Chance definitely broke team rules. What he did, I'm not sure, yet. But I know he didn't practice yesterday and had a meeting in Helf's office. Trying to get more details.
Stupid question here but are there really a set of team rules or is it more of a someone did something stupid and that's just what we call it?
There is a contract they all sign. A code of ethics, basically.
mm55
Four Star Recruit

Post by mm55 »

Hope he has an opportunity to resolve the issue like Pharoah did. Take your punishment and learn from it and be a better person.

MM in Cali
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

KingofDucks wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:

KOD, is there truth to the rumor that Bralon is getting close to being ready?
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
KingofDucks
Four Star Recruit

Post by KingofDucks »

DAT_man_again wrote:
KingofDucks wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:

KOD, is there truth to the rumor that Bralon is getting close to being ready?
Haven't heard anything. I'll do some digging.
mm55
Four Star Recruit

Post by mm55 »

Any updates on Chance???? Hope he does the right thing and gets on track.

MM in Cali