#2 Oregon @ Washington State

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: #2 Oregon @ Washington State

Post by GrandpaDuck »

A lot of people are counting on improvement on the theory that Oregon has been playing "Vanilla" but at least on the front seven they haven't been playing vanilla at all. They have been gambling to get TFLs and Sacks. They have been sliding the front 3 into single gap, overloading sides, running twists, charging the ILBs into A or B gap without a read at the snap. Lots of different Blitzes from the 4 LBs and even the corners. They have run 2 man, 3 man and 4 man fronts. (I l liked the 2 man, Buckner and Armstead can be a load).

They have created a few more sacks and TFLs but at the cost of the Safeties having to make plays 10-15 yards down the field on countless occasions. So far the Safeties have more Tackles than the Inside Linebackers.

The outside linebackers as a group have been virtually non-existent against the run. The decrease in tackles per game from the OLB group has been statistically stunning so far and considering its the same guys but with more experience (yes Colemen for Bolo but that has been the most productive of them anyway) it would point to a significant change in scheme or assignment for them.

Maybe a lot of this was experimenting during OOC that can be cherry picked for use now that conference begins. Is Pellum trying things he always wondered if they would work? Throw them against the wall and see what sticks?
snapt
Four Star Recruit

Post by snapt »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
They have created a few more sacks and TFLs but at the cost of the Safeties having to make plays 10-15 yards down the field on countless occasions. So far the Safeties have more Tackles than the Inside Linebackers.
Our "strong" safeties have always led the pack in tackles, Boyett, Chung etc. Nothing new really.
BOOF it!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Is anyone else expecting another long game due to Leach's offensive tendencies? I fully expect this game to go past 11:30 if he pulls what he did last year.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

greenyellow wrote:Is anyone else expecting another long game due to Leach's offensive tendencies? I fully expect this game to go past 11:30 if he pulls what he did last year.
Yea I don't see myself making it past halftime. Game STARTS at 9:30pm here. You guys make sure to post alot in the gameday thread so I know what happens! haha
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:Is anyone else expecting another long game due to Leach's offensive tendencies? I fully expect this game to go past 11:30 if he pulls what he did last year.
Yes, we're going to blow them out of the water which means he'll keep passing all game long. At least 3 picks today and maybe even one taken to the house. Halliday will play the entire game as will most all of the starters, much to the detriment to the younger players on the roster.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

They always give us a tough game the first half so I'm expecting some tenacious play from them. I always worry about stupid injuries when we go up there. Remember Kenjon and the concussion? UGLY.

Fingers crossed nobody gets hurt and we blow them out of the water.

I don't believe any game is a cupcake anymore....I remember Arizona last year.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Duck07 wrote:
Yes, we're going to blow them out of the water which means he'll keep passing all game long. At least 3 picks today and maybe even one taken to the house. Halliday will play the entire game as will most all of the starters, much to the detriment to the younger players on the roster.
Yea Leach is more concerned with setting statistical offensive records then winning football games. To bad for his players.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

I know if we rout them we won't do this but if it is we should leave our starters in the whole game and throw up big and see how leach likes it
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

WSU is doing a whiteout for tonight's game so Oregon is going yellow helmets/black Mach Speed jerseys/yellow pants.

MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

greenyellow wrote:WSU is doing a whiteout for tonight's game so Oregon is going yellow helmets/black Mach Speed jerseys/yellow pants.

+1000
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Those pictures look badass. Will be interesting to see how it looks out on the field.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

greenyellow wrote:WSU is doing a whiteout for tonight's game so Oregon is going yellow helmets/black Mach Speed jerseys/yellow pants.

Awesome. 8-)
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Good to see some yellow again. Hope the Ducks start out hard and fast. No messing around getting things going, just pow!
Greydrake
Four Star Recruit

Post by Greydrake »

Love this look on the uni's.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Ok I am ready for the Ducks to tear up that Cougar turf. Let's go .