Very Bad News

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

wlduck
Sophomore

Re: Very Bad News

Post by wlduck »

mm55 wrote:
Phalanx wrote:I might also add that there is no perfect source of info in the world of Oregon athletics. Not only are Mops and JHop often given to exaggeration and jumping to conclusions with a fair amount of regularity, but even Moseley has been guilty of misleading people in the past. I seem to recall multiple posts from him that lead us to believe that sanctions against the ducks were going to be much harsher than they ended up being. Nobody gets it right all the time.
While this is not an attempt to rehash the Lyles stuff, or bash Moseley in any way because I think he is really good and the UO would have not hired him for the job he has now if they thought he had any agenda of any sort. The other thing about Moseley is that the players in general like him. He treats them nicely and does not probe into their personal lives.

With regard to Moseley and the whole NCAA debacle, I think in the beginning he was drinking the George Schroeder Kool-Aid. If you remember back to when the story first broke and we all were thinking, 'what in the hell', well Schroeder basically came out and called CK a liar and accused him of all sorts of nefarious stuff, including a cover -up. He wrote a scathing column in the RG about how terrible CK was. Then the NCAA rendered a decision and one of the most interesting things in their whole report was that they found no evidence of a cover-up or any evidence or anyone not telling the truth. It was interesting on the day the decision was announced, I read Schroeder's timeline on Twitter and he basically glossed over the whole thing saying that UO was so good about cooperating with NCAA. Never once said he was wrong. I do remember Moseley saying something to the effect of guess all those fans who said that there was not much to see were right. Not a direct quote but he basically owned up and said he had a wrong impression. Much better than Schroeder did. Granted Schroeder had moved on to USA today by then. I do see Schroeder on the sideline at games sometimes so assume he still lives in Eugene.
Wait a minute. Did I miss the part where the NCAA said we didn't do anything wrong in the Lyles case? Just because we got off with a slap on the wrist doesn't mean we didn't break the rules. I love the program, but don't act like there was nothing there with the Lyles story. Blaming reporters for reporting is just putting on blinders.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Duck24 wrote:
jimmy12 wrote:That podcast is raw. JHop says "you know" maybe 500 times. It makes it really tough to listen to for too long.
Someone should go back, compile and retweet all of the incorrect info they've put out over the years. Considering where they started, right here with us, it's somewhat douchey to take shots at a guy who has been right so many times over the years. They're probably just bitter/pissed that someone is getting the same info as them and giving it out for free.
Seriously, I've generally refrained from any negative talk towards Justin because I've never had problems with him. But pretty low for him to be calling KOD out, especially considering 3 years ago Jhop was in no position to share inside information. KOD's info is as good as it gets for someone not directly affiliated with the team.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Tray Dub wrote:
KingofDucks wrote:I actually didn't take offense to what he said. He's right in a certain manner. I would consider Rob Moseley a reliable source, not me. He works with the team, he has all the info. He just can't share it all. I have contacts within the program who I trust. More often than not, I've gotten great, reliable info. I'm still not sure if the info I got on Troy Hill was wrong. He MAY be playing with a partially torn ACL. My source never said he was "out" and I still don't know the severity of the potential partial tear. But my info is still 2nd hand. Guys like Rob get it first hand.

I don't spend all day digging into this stuff. I work in the film industry and am insanely busy most days. When I get my tidbits from my sources, who often share without my inquiring, I share with you guys. Why? This is a fun little community that I've been a part of since its inception, it lacks the drama of the other boards (most of the time), and I know that we all want to have some closure on injury situations. Whether it's finding comfort knowing a player isn't out too long or being able to put them in the back of our minds and think how we're going to rectify the problem. That's part of the fun of being a sports fan. We like to put the pieces together and figure out how it will work most efficiently, even if we aren't making the decisions.

JHop is a good dude. No need to get on his case. I will always try to get you guys the most reliable info I can and as I have on certain reports, I will always tell you when to take a report with a grain of salt.
Your posts are highly valued by all of us (if I may speak for the community) and you do a great job of explaining the credibility of your information. I don't think anyone adds more value to this board, other than TK1. Let me be yet another poster to say thank you.

And as for JHop, I don't know him, and if you do and say he's a good guy I'm inclined to give you and him the benefit of the doubt. But over the years since he left, he's left a bad impression on me. Maybe that's just bad luck for him and he's really a decent person, but if so he needs to do a better job at communicating with the public if he cares about his reputation. What we see of him is usually pretty negative, and if that makes him look worse than he is then he should look at why that's the image he's projecting.
+1.

KingofDucks
Four Star Recruit

Post by KingofDucks »

cmmadness wrote:
I'll never forget that as long as I live. The Giants were up by about 8 or 9 games well into the summer. Then they lost a three game set to Atlanta and the rest is unfortuante history.

The Pre-Wild Card Era was great for baseball purists but terrible for the Giants.
We don't talk about 1993 in my household.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

ncduck wrote:
I remember being at a late July/early August game at the stick in '93 against the Astros and seeing people in the shade wearing parkas. As the sun moved across the sky and the seats around me were no longer shaded, everyone was suddenly wearing tank tops and shorts. It was fairly miserable in that regard. It was worse when Will Clark hit a ball that was 5 feet short of a grand slam that would have won the game. For those who remember the '93 season will remember that the Giants won 103 games and didn't make the playoffs because ATL won 104. If that ball made it over the fence, the Giants would have had a 1 game playoff to get into the playoffs. It was sad that the two best teams in the sport were in the same division and 1 couldn't even go to the playoffs. I'm glad for the wild card.
Every Giant fan remembers that season. I hated Atlanta for years after that, until the Giants beat them in the playoffs in 2002 (and again in 2010). So many years of frustration have been cured by the last two world series victories. It is a shame that those Will Clark-led teams never won though.

My grandfather used to tell me stories of fishing near Candlestick Rock before they built the stadium. I was thankful to get to catch a Giants game there before they moved, and Barry Bonds hit one out. It was very windy, but having been accustomed to watching PSU Viking games in the winter at Civic Stadium, I wasn't bothered too much.
NCDucks09
Senior

Post by NCDucks09 »

KOD, what's the timeline on Fischer and Yruretogoyena's return, if you know? I saw your post that said you were told some in detail information about them. Thanks for all your insider info!!! :)
2012 Rose Bowl Champions
2013 Fiesta Bowl Champions

Still Dedicated to the Ducks Winning the Natty!
KingofDucks
Four Star Recruit

Post by KingofDucks »

NCDucks09 wrote:KOD, what's the timeline on Fischer and Yruretogoyena's return, if you know? I saw your post that said you were told some in detail information about them. Thanks for all your insider info!!! :)
Haven't gotten a new update since last week. I expect Fisher back for UCLA, maybe even Arizona. Depends on his progress over the next 10 days.

Andre Y is aiming to be back for Stanford, but I expect a week or 2 after from what I've heard.
cmmadness
Three Star Recruit

Post by cmmadness »

KingofDucks wrote:
NCDucks09 wrote:KOD, what's the timeline on Fischer and Yruretogoyena's return, if you know? I saw your post that said you were told some in detail information about them. Thanks for all your insider info!!! :)
Haven't gotten a new update since last week. I expect Fisher back for UCLA, maybe even Arizona. Depends on his progress over the next 10 days.

Andre Y is aiming to be back for Stanford, but I expect a week or 2 after from what I've heard.[/quote)

Great news, especially if we can get both back before year's end. KOD---any news on Bralon????

BTW: I won't be bringing 1993 up again. :)
KingofDucks
Four Star Recruit

Post by KingofDucks »

cmmadness wrote:
KingofDucks wrote:

Andre Y is aiming to be back for Stanford, but I expect a week or 2 after from what I've heard.[/quote)

Great news, especially if we can get both back before year's end. KOD---any news on Bralon????

BTW: I won't be bringing 1993 up again. :)
Haven't heard anything on Bralon. Even if he got back to a point where he COULD play, I'm not sure if they would rush him. Our WRs have been doing great.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

KingofDucks wrote: Haven't heard anything on Bralon. Even if he got back to a point where he COULD play, I'm not sure if they would rush him. Our WRs have been doing great.
Other than Dwanye Stanford needing to get stronger hands, there isn't much more we can ask from them. Devon Allen looks like he's on pace for 1st team Frosh AA status at years end and possibly 1st team P12 honors if he can keep up his pace.
Joe4Ducks
One Star Recruit

Post by Joe4Ducks »

The information is really appreciated, thank you.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

KingofDucks wrote:

Andre Y is aiming to be back for Stanford, but I expect a week or 2 after from what I've heard.
Fisher back for UCLA will be big. I also hope the BYE week in general gives us time to get our OL all on the same page.

NCDucks09
Senior

Post by NCDucks09 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Fisher back for UCLA will be big. I also hope the BYE week in general gives us time to get our OL all on the same page.
Unfortunately, I think #62, Matt Pierson, just isn't there athletically to be able to compete with D1 staring Pac-12 talent.

What's the status on Haniteli Lousi KOD? 6'5", 308lbs JUCO Transfer. I remember his Highlight tape showed him pancaking EREBODY... I think he was the #1 ranked JUCO in last year's recruiting rankings. I asked Rob Moseley about him on twitter and he said that he'd been banged up, but thought he'd be in the 2-Deep once healthy. Hopefully, he'll be ready to step in against Zona.
2012 Rose Bowl Champions
2013 Fiesta Bowl Champions

Still Dedicated to the Ducks Winning the Natty!
KingofDucks
Four Star Recruit

Post by KingofDucks »

NCDucks09 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
Unfortunately, I think #62, Matt Pierson, just isn't there athletically to be able to compete with D1 staring Pac-12 talent.

What's the status on Haniteli Lousi KOD? 6'5", 308lbs JUCO Transfer. I remember his Highlight tape showed him pancaking EREBODY... I think he was the #1 ranked JUCO in last year's recruiting rankings. I asked Rob Moseley about him on twitter and he said that he'd been banged up, but thought he'd be in the 2-Deep once healthy. Hopefully, he'll be ready to step in against Zona.
I've been trying to get info on Louisi and George, but no luck so far.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
KingofDucks wrote:

The BYE should be very useful for gents like Crosby who will now have time to really watch his own tape and clean stuff up. He could really blossom this season. All of this unexpected PT against the #1's of other teams is not a terrible thing in the long run for him.