Very Bad News

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

mm55
Four Star Recruit

Re: Very Bad News

Post by mm55 »

Understood and don't disagree with you but with the technology UO has diagnosing this shouldn't be too hard. Not dis par aging KOD at all. Just seems maybe the sources are not as connected as originally thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MM in Cali
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

It's almost like Troy knew he might not be getting another shot this season, so it was man up, now, during the MSU game...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

cmmadness wrote:Wow------just after he rebounded from some off field issues and came back
strong with a great attitude and great play.

I think Troy is a 5th year Senior. :cry:

Hope there's a chance he can make it back by year's end.
What a shame, and right when he was playing his best football.

I'm worried about the talent gap between him and the backups.. Here's to a speedy/full recovery to Hill!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I do wonder if Charles Nelson will now be more likely to move to defense. That would seem like a strong option to consider.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Hey KOD, will Mattingly be back soon?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I was watching the MSU game against and Seisay got picked on bad the drive he was in, and Dior, well...

I wonder if Springs could help out?

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

For those saying the sources could be wrong , Hill was fully dressed and could be seen jumping and celebrating at several points. He didn't look like he had a torn ACL so they probably hadn't even done an MRI yet.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

UOducksTK1 wrote:I was watching the MSU game against and Seisay got picked on bad the drive he was in, and Dior, well...

Yeah, your idea is good too. I have a feeling that any freshman is going to get hammered though. I still remember Justin Phinisee and Aaron Gipson as freshmen and how badly that turned out. The fact that Ifo did well as a freshman seems like the exception at DB.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Phalanx wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:I was watching the MSU game against and Seisay got picked on bad the drive he was in, and Dior, well...

Yeah, your idea is good too. I have a feeling that any freshman is going to get hammered though. I still remember Justin Phinisee and Aaron Gipson as freshmen and how badly that turned out. The fact that Ifo did well as a freshman seems like the exception at DB.
Well maybe Seisay will be that next Ifo DB, but in the very small sample we've seen of him, he hasn't looked so good.

I was out of town all weekend, and just got back today, so I still haven't watched the Wyoming game. I'll be really interested to see how Dior/Seisay played. Their play could be the difference between playoffs vs no playoffs.

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

lukeyrid13 wrote:For those saying the sources could be wrong , Hill was fully dressed and could be seen jumping and celebrating at several points. He didn't look like he had a torn ACL so they probably hadn't even done an MRI yet.
There's a thread on DT discussing the same news that KOD broke here. Some were pointing to that and posted pictures of him celebrating like nothing was wrong with his knee. It could very well be he has a partial tear like Dixon had in 2007 and it's just a matter of time before it fully tears. At the position he plays, I doubt it'd last long so if he did actually go through parts of practice last week and the full warm-up before Wyoming, KOD's source could not have the true story. We're going to have to wait and see if he plays again this season.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

If this turns out to be true, then I sure hope Charles Nelson is returning punts for the rest of the year, no more Ifo. Let's hope Ifo's nagging injury heals up. A CB duo of Dior and Seisay could be troublesome.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

Another big blow... have we seen Dominique Harrison play yet?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Boom wrote:Another big blow... have we seen Dominique Harrison play yet?
Isn't he still injured with a knee issue as well?

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

^ I have seen him in street clothes both games I've been to this year.
KingofDucks
Four Star Recruit

Post by KingofDucks »

Guys, no one has to defend me or has to worry about me getting offended. Questioning this news is expected and not unwelcome. You should always feel free to ask any questions you might have. I might not always give you the answers you want, but I'll do my best.

My source for this info is one I truly trust. He honestly didn't know about Troy after the Wyoming game and saw him in full gear like the rest of you as told me what he assumed, without prefacing as such. I took it for fact. That was my mistake.

But he gave me detailed info on Andre Y and Fisher today. As for Troy, he wasn't as detailed. He simply told me that Troy has a "partially torn ACL". Didn't give me timeline. I'm not a doctor, so I suppose I shouldn't presume to know how long he is out. However, I've only known Oregon to play a player on a partially torn ACL once and it didn't go well for him. Oregon hasn't done it since. I hope it's so minimal he could return this year. Or maybe he'll tell the coaches he's willing to risk it since he's a 5th year senior. I have no clue what he'll choose to do. But what I do KNOW is that he has a partially torn ACL. Make of that what you will.