#12 Oregon @ #18 UCLA

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: #12 Oregon @ #18 UCLA

Post by greenyellow »

Good thing I avoided the boards in the final minutes since it looks like a whinefest the last couple pages. Oregon got the win so be happy. Seems this board can't be happy anymore now that Oregon has a loss.
Bigwaved
Four Star Recruit

Post by Bigwaved »

pezsez1 wrote:Great win!!!

We're right back in the driver's seat for the Pac-12 title and probably a playoff birth.
Nah, Auburn is going to get an automatic bid after today's valiant loss to MSU. We, on the other hand, played and curb stomped the wrong MSU.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

greenyellow wrote:Good thing I avoided the boards in the final minutes since it looks like a whinefest the last couple pages. Oregon got the win so be happy. Seems this board can't be happy anymore now that Oregon has a loss.

So true. Our fan base is emo.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I think some people have made up their minds that the coaches have to go, and now whenever they see something they don't like, they'll use that to vent their frustrations. Same thing that happened with Aliotti.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

greenyellow wrote:Good thing I avoided the boards in the final minutes since it looks like a whinefest the last couple pages. Oregon got the win so be happy. Seems this board can't be happy anymore now that Oregon has a loss.

Yes happy we got the W but it was pathetic last 9 min performance from the Ducks and call playing from both side of the ball. They almost let them make a comeback. Too early to take pedal off, Id take it off last 3 min of the game, Not when theres plenty of time in 4th quarter.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

^ allowing them three tds in a couple minutes and we are whining? I don't believe so.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Good bounceback win on the road against a good team. Let off the gas a little early but they won't happen again. Still work to do but the team and coaches didn't fold.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

I'm happy for the win, but lets face it, perceptions matter and Oregon giving up 553 yards of offense, 31 first downs, and 30 points to a team we were dominating is inexcusable.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

This was the game everyone was worried about before the season. It was never out of hand and we're back in the conversation. Everyone take a deep breath and enjoy a good win as much as you hated the loss.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

It's laziness. Take a note out of Leach and RR, and keep pouring it on until the clock strikes 0:00. We already have one loss, so a 42-10 win over UCLA vs a 42-31 win over UCLA could be the difference when it comes to making playoffs.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

UOducksTK1 wrote:It's laziness. Take a note out of Leach and RR, and keep pouring it on until the clock strikes 0:00. We already have one loss, so a 42-10 win over UCLA vs a 42-31 win over UCLA could be the difference when it comes to making playoffs.
Exactly. If you are the committee and evaluating a one loss Oregon and one loss Auburn who are you picking? Well, Oregon is the worst defense in the entire nation, so theres that.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Still, awesome win. Feel really good for Helfrich, too. He coached circles around Mora today.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Learn the numbers of the players so you know when the backups are in PLEASE! I totally think they took key starters out way too early and hope they don't do that in the future, but the backups need game experience and there will be growing pains.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

I am especially happy for the players who stepped into their man shoes today. Go Ducks!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

MFRDuckFan wrote:Learn the numbers of the players so you know when the backups are in PLEASE! I totally think they took key starters out way too early and hope they don't do that in the future, but the backups need game experience and there will be growing pains.
Exactly. I was seeing a lot of backups in the LB and DL at the end so I do think they did probably ease up too early. It's a minor thing that they can work on in the future. With this team, I don't think they can coast as easily as they've been able to in past years.