ESPN Heisman

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

MFRDuckFan
Senior

Re: ESPN Heisman

Post by MFRDuckFan »

I have not allowed myself the luxury of even contemplating him winning this thing because it's been such a curse in the past. Did not want to put a hex on things! He exemplifies everything that the Heisman should be about. A great player, but a player of the highest character and sportsmanship. How many frigging players actually say "good hit" or "great sack" to an opposing player? Absolutely ZERO.

I am going to bawl my eyes out if he wins this thing and I am going to watch every single fricking minute of that program so I can burn it into my memory because we may never see another player from Oregon ever come close. I'd just be happy if I get to see it once.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

I really wanted to toss out the naughty version of the F-word.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

MFRDuckFan wrote:I have not allowed myself the luxury of even contemplating him winning this thing because it's been such a curse in the past. Did not want to put a hex on things! He exemplifies everything that the Heisman should be about. A great player, but a player of the highest character and sportsmanship. How many frigging players actually say "good hit" or "great sack" to an opposing player? Absolutely ZERO.
Andrew Luck does, but he's a good guy too.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

MFRDuckFan wrote:I have not allowed myself the luxury of even contemplating him winning this thing because it's been such a curse in the past. Did not want to put a hex on things! He exemplifies everything that the Heisman should be about. A great player, but a player of the highest character and sportsmanship. How many frigging players actually say "good hit" or "great sack" to an opposing player? Absolutely ZERO.

I am going to bawl my eyes out if he wins this thing and I am going to watch every single fricking minute of that program so I can burn it into my memory because we may never see another player from Oregon ever come close. I'd just be happy if I get to see it once.
Great post and you echo my feelings exactly. I keep thinking, could this really happen? I mean, really happen?
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

UofDuck wrote:

Great post and you echo my feelings exactly. I keep thinking, could this really happen? I mean, really happen?
It's going to come down to the actual minute they hand him the trophy because I'll keep waiting for someone to say "just kidding because you come from Oregon".
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

MFRDuckFan wrote:
UofDuck wrote:

It's going to come down to the actual minute they hand him the trophy because I'll keep waiting for someone to say "just kidding because you come from Oregon".
Yep that is how I have been treating it this year too. I got so excited for: Joey, Dixon, Lamichael, MM in 2012 and 13 etc that I have tried not to entertain the idea at all cause it would just frustrate me. Let's hope he and the team play great against Zona for a multitude of reasons and just sew up everything.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

MFRDuckFan wrote:
UofDuck wrote:

Yep that is how I have been treating it this year too. I got so excited for: Joey, Dixon, Lamichael, MM in 2012 and 13 etc that I have tried not to entertain the idea at all cause it would just frustrate me. Let's hope he and the team play great against Zona for a multitude of reasons and just sew up everything.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Quote of the day:
1. QB Marcus Mariota, Oregon (Last week's ranking: No. 1)

The only way Mariota doesn't lift the Heisman on Dec. 13 is if the trophy trust decides to disband in the next 10 days.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... /19760909/