Oregon legalizes marijuana

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Re: Oregon legalizes marijuana

Post by pudgejeff »

lukeyrid13 wrote:^ My sister who has been living off government assistance for nearly two decades because she keeps failing drug tests and losing jobs

My brother in law who cared more about getting high with his friends than seeing his dying mother on her death bed

My other brother in law who also can't keep a job because he always fails drug tests

My friend who had a full ride to UO golf team but got kicked off/quit because he just wanted to smoke

My friend who had a full ride cross country scholarship but smoked his way out of shape and out of a scholarship

Kid in my youth group who stopped going to school because he just wanted to go get high with his friends

Those are just off the top of my head in about a minute.
I think Duck07 last line agrees with what you are saying here,
Duck07 wrote:the lazy pot-smokers typically just need to get a life.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Can't argue with that
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Can't argue with that
Ya, I can say I have lost a lot friends to weed over the years, but not in a bad way. Getting high and not doing a whole lot outside of work is what they enjoyed doing and it's not what I enjoyed doing so we grew apart. But I have no issue with it being legalized, as I don't see it changing much in who smokes or when anyways.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

FlDuckFan wrote:Yeah, I never fully understood why someone from another state is allowed to pump in so much money . I'm not a smoker so I didn't really care if it passed .
This is from Oregonlive on M-92 (label GMO's) and doesn't include the last 10 days worth of $$ that came pouring last minute, which would partly explain why it's looking more and more like it won't pass once 100% is counted.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Doesn't look like we'll know the full effects of this law until the first half of 2016, based on how the law is written and the basic information provided by the Oregonian.

http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/inde ... aj-story-1
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:Doesn't look like we'll know the full effects of this law until the first half of 2016, based on how the law is written and the basic information provided by the Oregonian.

Q: After July 1, how much marijuana can I have? A-... 72 ounces of marijuana-infused liquid...
That is a lot of ha$h oil. I live near Kesey's old house and walk barefoot quite a bit, anybody got an old schoolbus? Image
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

pudgejeff wrote:
Phenom wrote:Not too happy with these election results although I don't really care if this measure passed or not.
Which parts were you not happy with? Your down in Cali right? Or was that just over the summer?
Back in OR now. 86, 88.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

I wonder what Kitz will find to waste $200-300M on during these next four years?
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

Phenom wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
Phenom wrote:Not too happy with these election results although I don't really care if this measure passed or not.
Which parts were you not happy with? Your down in Cali right? Or was that just over the summer?
Back in OR now. 86, 88.
I agree with you on both accounts, quite sad.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck24 wrote:I wonder what Kitz will find to waste $200-300M on during these next four years?
Knowing him, he'll find a way and then run for re-election again acting like he didn't do anything wrong.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Duck07 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Doesn't look like we'll know the full effects of this law until the first half of 2016, based on how the law is written and the basic information provided by the Oregonian.

Q: After July 1, how much marijuana can I have? A-... 72 ounces of marijuana-infused liquid...
That is a lot of ha$h oil. I live near Kesey's old house and walk barefoot quite a bit, anybody got an old schoolbus? Image
I grew up about a mile, as the crow flies, from Kesey's place... There was a school bus buried behind a horse arena, on Parkway (Dude was running a meth lab out of it). Other than that, I have no suggestions on the bus.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I know members of the Kesey family (it's Ken's brother's family) that own Springfield Creamery and the McDonald Theater in Eugene so maybe I'll ask if they have an extra bus the next time I see them.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

greenyellow wrote:
Duck24 wrote:I wonder what Kitz will find to waste $200-300M on during these next four years?
Knowing him, he'll find a way and then run for re-election again acting like he didn't do anything wrong.

Doesn't he have to take a leave from office after this term?
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

fpsduck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:

Doesn't he have to take a leave from office after this term?
I don't know the answer to that but if true, I'm sure we will see a ballot measure in 2016 to amend the state constituton to allow Kitz to continue to run and crap on this state with each successive victory. Frankly, Richardson wasn't much (if any) better but Kitz is just terrible. He gets away with fiscal and ethical murder and still get elected in a landslide.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:I know members of the Kesey family (it's Ken's brother's family) that own Springfield Creamery and the McDonald Theater in Eugene so maybe I'll ask if they have an extra bus the next time I see them.
Nice, although I'm talking about his place on the coast, not out in the valley.