UO Athletic dept most economic among BCS

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

gofightingducks
All Pac-12

UO Athletic dept most economic among BCS

Post by gofightingducks »

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?s ... pOI&ref=nf

LSIA Awards Most Economically Efficient Athletic Departments
(June 29, 2009) Utah State has been crowned the national champion of the Excellence in Management Cup, presented by Texas A&M's Laboratory for the Study of Intercollegiate Athletics.

The purpose of the EM Cup is to determine which athletic departments win the most championships in accordance to financial expenditures. The EM Cup awards athletic departments that win the most conference and national championships, while at the same time have the lowest expenses.

Kent State, Louisiana Tech, University of Akron, and BYU round out the top five schools. Results also show that the major universities may not be running as economically sound as some smaller universities. The top ten ranked departments are all from non-BCS affiliated universities.

The highest ranked BCS program hails from Oregon at number 11.

The EM Cup also recognized winners in other conferences participating in Division I (FBS) sports. The University of Florida was named winner of the SEC, Louisville from the Big East, and Penn State was the conference winner of the Big Ten.

Other conference winners were Texas A&M (Big 12), Tulsa (Conference USA), Kent State (MAC), BYU (Mountain West), Oregon (Pac 10), Maryland (ACC), and Western Kentucky (Sun Belt). Utah State won conference honors as a representative of the Western Athletic Conference.

The scores are calculated in formula that accounts for total athletic department spending, number of sports played, and the number of conference and national championships won by each Division I (FBS) university.

For a complete list of results and additional information of the Excellence in Management Cup results, please visit the Laboratory for the Study of Intercollegiate Athletics at http://lsia.tamu.edu.
woundedknees
All-American

Re: UO Athletic dept most economic among BCS

Post by woundedknees »

I guess track and cross country don't count much...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!