AP to ASU

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckstheword
Two Star Recruit

Re: AP to ASU

Post by duckstheword »

What I don't get is he will have to sit out a year as a junior, and then he only has one year to play... why not go to a lower division and play two years?
stewbertwilloughby
Five Star Recruit

Post by stewbertwilloughby »

duckstheword wrote:What I don't get is he will have to sit out a year as a junior, and then he only has one year to play... why not go to a lower division and play two years?
He still has his redshirt so that will be used.
GO DUCKS!
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

wheaton4prez wrote:
blackjack17 wrote:Why all the hatred for AP? You guys sound like my buddy who just got dumped by his girlfriend. The guy worked his butt off for us, no doubt about it. He came in with a low grade and sub-par measurables and everyone pretty much wrote him off (some even after a great spring game said he wouldn't see much of the field and that he'd be a 3rd stringer after the big names showed up in the fall.)

ASU was high on his list before he chose Oregon initially, and Erickson would be a good coach to play for. He didn't choose OSU or UW which are the only schools i think he could choose and still feel like he was screwing us.

I have a feeling that AP will have a successful college career and i hope he gets a chance to show what he can do at ASU. Even after college i still think he'll love and remember his time here at Oregon.
I think there's a difference between real hate and fan hate. Football wouldn't be as much fun without rivalries, grudges, traitors, etc. Animosity from fans after transferring to a conference rival just goes with the territory, imo.

Leaving as a punishment to the program for firing your dad is lame in my book. And I don't care how many warm fuzzy memories he might have about some moments at UO. I'm pretty sure that he wants to win against the Ducks more than any other team. Sorry. No love for that.

winner winner chicken dinner. my thoughts exactly
freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Post by freedjr »

Personally, I don't care. His dad was canned. He wanted to move on. I don't know why that's a dick move. People transfer within conferences all the time. Good luck to him. Of course I hope the Ducks light him up, but no hatred (fan or real) on my part.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

He's gone to the dark side. Don't let his mind-tricks fool you.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

wheaton4prez wrote:
blackjack17 wrote: Leaving as a punishment to the program for firing your dad is lame in my book. And I don't care how many warm fuzzy memories he might have about some moments at UO. I'm pretty sure that he wants to win against the Ducks more than any other team. Sorry. No love for that.
I dunno. I think more of us here would take the firing of our dad personally than we realize. Your talking family.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

I can understand not being happy about it and I would also take it personally. However, leaving the program in which you have built relationships over the years is misguided, imo.

There are substantial reasons for him to stay at UO (starting for a highly ranked D1 team, playing along-side players you have already been through a lot with, playing in a system you have grown familiar with). The only reason to leave, imo, was superficial; to punish the program for them making a legitimate business decision.

Things don't always go your way in life. AP isn't the coaching staff. His contribution to the team should be his own. Not some kind of nepotism where he will only stick around as long as they agree that his dad has done the job they need him to do.