Top 25 early rankings on espn

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

thegb2001
Three Star Recruit

Top 25 early rankings on espn

Post by thegb2001 »

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/s ... id=4166221
Have the ducks ranked at 11th. Below oklahoma state and above cal and boise state. Its a wonder were people like phil steele get the info to put us not even in the top 40. Of course like usual that main topic is how the big 12 and SEC will dominate this year again.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Re: Top 25 early rankings on espn

Post by Tray Dub »

Nice post. ESPN does mention a lot of question marks we have. This season could go a lot of different ways
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I will take that ranking, even though preseason rankings don't mean much except for the early setup for BCS games. We will know a lot about this Oregon team after the first 3 games. I'm excited, but nervous at the same time.
gregspechtismyhero
Freshman

Post by gregspechtismyhero »

duckgrad99 wrote:I will take that ranking, even though preseason rankings don't mean much except for the early setup for BCS games. We will know a lot about this Oregon team after the first 3 games. I'm excited, but nervous at the same time.
I think the tone for the season will be set after the BSU game. It'll be interesting to see how they respond to all of the hype and the fact that they were embarrassed, outhussled, and outplayed on their home turf.
In Helfrich, Frost, and Allioti we trust
Image (USA Today Sports)
AIM: hockeygoalie923
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

The Boise State game will be a tough test to start the season but will not be a total loss if we happen to lose that game. If we win the rest of our games and finish 11-1 it would still be tough to not have the ducks playing in championship game. I think the true test of how good we will be will be after we play Cal. That is a team we have struggled against every year the last few years. Think Cal is like the 5th game or so and that one will be huge. Then we will know what kind of season will be. Course last year I thought we would lose against ASU Arizona and Oregon State so in terms of winning I didnt fare well in the end. Am glad the season turned out as good as it did.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

I am a little concerned about the Utah game because the Ducks could overlook them because they play Cal the following week.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Overall I think it is a good list. Oregon is in striking distance of a high ranking. But we do have a lot of questions to be answered. I thought Alabama was kinda funny and that they are really high on Ole miss. oh well I am calling Texas to win it this year. Just a gut feeling
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I'm so sick of Ohio State. Overrated every season.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

duckgrad99 wrote:I'm so sick of Ohio State. Overrated every season.
Seriously. They lose their three best players on a team that wasn't that great, and they're sixth. What?
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

gofightingducks wrote:I am a little concerned about the Utah game because the Ducks could overlook them because they play Cal the following week.
I seriously doubt we will overlook Utah. They are in the top 25, they are coming off another amazing season, they have beat us in the not too distant past, and their coach has already been talking smack. If we lose to Utah, I don't think it will be because we overlooked them.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

If we're undefeated after the Cal game, I think we have a great shot at being in the top 5.
mjenk99
One Star Recruit

Post by mjenk99 »

wheaton4prez wrote:If we're undefeated after the Cal game, I think we have a great shot at being in the top 5.
Absolutely, if we do that ESPN will be giving us tons of props for beating those first 4 teams.