Ifo may have torn ACL in today's practice

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Ifo may have torn ACL in today's practice

Post by greenyellow »

I guess it'll be just like the Utah game where Ifo pretty much missed 3/4 of the game with his toe and foot injuries. Oregon gave up one big play but for the most part, Hill and Seisay were solid. FSU is much different beast than Utah but I think Oregon can still slow down the Seminoles enough with what they have left. Just have to hope that Oregon's offense is clicking right away and stays that way throughout the game.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

Even if we are to outscore FSU how are we suppose to contain Amari Cooper?

Right when our defense was playing it's best ball of the season. Now with DPs penchant for never blitzing whoever Seisay is covering will be wide open for half the game.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

What really sucks for Ifo is his draft stock is going to take a dramatic hit. He'll be lucky to be a 2nd day draft pick with a torn ACL (but which now sounds like he tore his PCL and MCL as well) and with that a big financial loss had he gone out after last season and been a first rounder.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Waiting for KoD to confirm. I trust him more than Frentress!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Unselfishly, makes me wish Ifo left last year. Huge bummer for him. I hope he recovers quickly and has an awesome NFL career.

Really happy though Seisay has been getting a lot of reps. He's been improving steadily, all season.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

The resurgence of our D hasn't been because of our DB's, it has been because our front 7 has been playing absolutely amazing. Losing Ifo hurts, a lot, but we can survive. Jameis makes all sorts of stupid throws when he gets pressure in his face so it just becomes that more important for us to get pressure.
andreezy
Two Star Recruit

Post by andreezy »

Siesay has really improved over the year, and will have a big chance to show just how much on Jan. 1. Clearly Ifo is the worst possible player we could lose on D, but I think #12 will be able to do a fine job, he has great size and athleticism. Where I worry is the 3rd cb. Not sure if Dior can compete out there with any of the final 4 teams. maybe we see Dargan or Juwaan Williams slide over some.

Anyone have any idea if the 3rd corner would likely be Dior or Arrion Springs? (Wondering if he has developed enough throughout the year)
rentdodger1
Three Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger1 »

greenyellow wrote:What really sucks for Ifo is his draft stock is going to take a dramatic hit. He'll be lucky to be a 2nd day draft pick with a torn ACL (but which now sounds like he tore his PCL and MCL as well) and with that a big financial loss had he gone out after last season and been a first rounder.
I believe he has an insurance policy covering injuries like these, so the financial hit is minimized. He will be back for whatever team drafts him. The big effect will be players on the fence for next year, seeing this up close could push some guys into the draft.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

I honestly think we'll be fine. Oregon is strong from top to bottom and hey, Ifo is just one of 22. Next man up!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

andreezy wrote:Siesay has really improved over the year, and will have a big chance to show just how much on Jan. 1. Clearly Ifo is the worst possible player we could lose on D, but I think #12 will be able to do a fine job, he has great size and athleticism. Where I worry is the 3rd cb. Not sure if Dior can compete out there with any of the final 4 teams. maybe we see Dargan or Juwaan Williams slide over some.

Anyone have any idea if the 3rd corner would likely be Dior or Arrion Springs? (Wondering if he has developed enough throughout the year)
When Oregon does bring in a 5th DB, it's been Robinson (which allows Oregon to have enough size and speed to cover both WRs, TEs, and RBs), but if Oregon has to use a 3rd corner, it'd likely be Mathis.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

rentdodger1 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:What really sucks for Ifo is his draft stock is going to take a dramatic hit. He'll be lucky to be a 2nd day draft pick with a torn ACL (but which now sounds like he tore his PCL and MCL as well) and with that a big financial loss had he gone out after last season and been a first rounder.
I believe he has an insurance policy covering injuries like these, so the financial hit is minimized. He will be back for whatever team drafts him. The big effect will be players on the fence for next year, seeing this up close could push some guys into the draft.
Just looked it up and he does have an insurance policy. Forgot that SRs like him and Grasu took them out.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Oregon is the better team, even without Ifo, but you can't discredit the power of luck. We've seen all season that FSU has a lot of that, probably more luck than skill. You just can't ignore it, like Auburn in 2010. I'll still pick Oregon to win as I think they will, but you just can't ignore lady luck, a very powerful ally to have. FSU's luck is already hitting, and we're still two weeks away from the game.

But more importantly, this is awful for Ifo. Such a great player and person. He did not deserve this at all. I hope he has a freakishly fast recovery and has a very successful NFL career. I'm sad I'll never see him play in an Oregon jersey again, but I'm thankful for all that he's done for the university and fans. He will no doubt go out as one of the greatest defensive players in Oregon history.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

It feels like Ifo had been playing on just 1 leg for most of the season anyway. He didn't seem like himself this year. Whoever fills in has big shoes to fill, but replacing an already injury hampered Ifo won't mean we have as much of a drop off from what we've recently seen on D.

I still think the D surprises FSU and we win going away.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

What we are going to miss is not his pass protection. It's his tackling and getting through blocks and making tackles on runs and short passes. WE have options, but damn this hurts.
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

Some of you guys have really got a hard on for end of the world mantras. Seriously, I'm not saying this doesn't hurt, but "there is no way we recover from this?" come on...If we don't win, it's no because of one player.