Wild Duck

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

ducksin2010
Four Star Recruit

Wild Duck

Post by ducksin2010 »

Things are a little slow right now so I just wanted to confirm that we have a "Wild Duck" formation in NCAA 10. This formation includes a wr double pass and a qb screen. Should be fun to use our playbook.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Wild Duck

Post by karlhungis »

Is it really called the "Wild Duck"?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
ducksin2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducksin2010 »

Si
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

Gimmick plays never seem to play out in that game the same way they do in real games. But, maybe they've worked that out. Could be interesting.

Would be cool if they incorporated some kind of read-option controls so you could run a mesh like Oregon does.
ducksin2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducksin2010 »

wheaton4prez wrote:Gimmick plays never seem to play out in that game the same way they do in real games. But, maybe they've worked that out. Could be interesting.

Would be cool if they incorporated some kind of read-option controls so you could run a mesh like Oregon does.
Yeah they have the play in there but that just doesn't work. It is too bad because that would be authentic oregon.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

ducksin2010 wrote:
wheaton4prez wrote:Gimmick plays never seem to play out in that game the same way they do in real games. But, maybe they've worked that out. Could be interesting.

Yeah they have the play in there but that just doesn't work. It is too bad because that would be authentic oregon.
If used right the mesh on the game is amazing...you just have to read the play right and set it up well...you have to be willing to use play-action
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

How does it work?

Do you mean the regular option plays that they have?
Oregonian
Four Star Recruit

Post by Oregonian »

There's been a "read" option in the game for a while now similar to the Oregon mesh, the only problem is that the blocking is schemed for one way or the other - either the guard pull to go to where the back is leading into or where the QB is going. And generally there's a DE or LB in the backfield by the time you pick either of them.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Oregonian wrote:There's been a "read" option in the game for a while now similar to the Oregon mesh, the only problem is that the blocking is schemed for one way or the other - either the guard pull to go to where the back is leading into or where the QB is going. And generally there's a DE or LB in the backfield by the time you pick either of them.

I think it is called QB read or something. I can never figure out how to hand it off to the RB on that play. I always just use it to try and run with the QB and end up getting stuffed.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

to hand the ball off to the running back on Read plays you simply hold down the button you use to snap the ball (A button on xbox i believe). Same with the Jet Sweep option plays.

you can also set up your blocking pre-play now. so that helps quite a bit as well.