The Heir Apparent at Qb for the Ducks in 2015 will be...

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OreDucks01284
Senior

Re: The Heir Apparent at Qb for the Ducks in 2015 will be...

Post by OreDucks01284 »

Nate costa > Lockie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
snapt
Four Star Recruit

Post by snapt »

oregontrack wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
oregontrack wrote:i'm not overly worried. i thought darron thomas was extremely underwhelming from a talent standpoint, and he was ridiculously productive. masoli could hardly throw a forward pass, and he played in a rose bowl. this kelly/helfrich-era system is pretty QB friendly. don't need a heisman winner slinging it around to score points and win ball games.
Masoli? Or are you confused with Chris Harper? Bellotti once said JM arm was the strongest he'd ever coached.

um, no.
Masoli could throw a potato over a mountain. On a rope. His touch was lacking to say the least.
BOOF it!
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

OreDucks01284 wrote:Nate costa > Lockie

I feel the same way. Both of them are good enough to finish a game, but they are both very average, not incredibly athletic, and don't really have the leadership to be the starting quarterback. If I was to use a comparison I would say AJ McCarron. They won't make many mistakes and can run the system, but they aren't going to wow you with anything special.
duxforlyfe
Three Star Recruit

Post by duxforlyfe »

No doubt lol

Is there a chance that Miller does come to UO? I know that was nixed a while back, but with Jones leading the team to a ship he will probably be the starter next year. Why would Miller stay to sit on the bench? I could be wrong tho, maybe Miller will be the starter.
DuckYouBama
One Star Recruit

Post by DuckYouBama »

Cardale looks like he's leaving which means Braxton probably isnt. So hope Kyler Murray flips or one of the guys we have seperates themselves this spring
southernoregonduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by southernoregonduck »

Counting only guys that will be here:

Malahak, with Griffin as the dark horse.

If miller comes I give him the edge purely on game experience. He's played a ton and been successful.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

DuckYouBama wrote:Cardale looks like he's leaving which means Braxton probably isnt. So hope Kyler Murray flips or one of the guys we have seperates themselves this spring
:o

No time like the present, I suppose. The kid does have a huge upside and if he's getting good #s from his analysis, it's probably the smart choice to go.
ducksvb6
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducksvb6 »

I was able to attend two practice this year. Lockie looked very strong with the "1s." He was drilling the long ball and he and Carrington are in sync. If/when Carrington is back they will be deadly.

The thing that stood out the most was Lockie breaking off the read sooner than Marcus and running. Before the pocket collapsed he was gone. Although his size is not very different from Marcus he blasted a few DBs.

Griffin looked amazing on the run. I was surprised at how well he threw since that has never been reported as a strength. He doesn't have Lockie's arm.but may be in the mix to come off the bench as a tempo changer and for planned QB runs. OK this is off the wall but I could see him on kick off returns.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Taylor Alie
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

2007 Costa before the knee injury yes. 2010 Costa I don't think so.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Based on everything I have heard, Lockie is light years ahead of Mahalak at this point and it is very unlikely that will change between now and the start of next season. The perception that there is some huge gap in their athletic abilities is overblown as well. Mahalak isn't going to blow anyone away with his athletic prowess. Barring some transfer being added to the mix, Lockie will likely be the starter next season.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Yeah, it's always fun to speculate about the young/new guys in the program. But based just on reading practice reports -- including an occasional "attitude" I think I've seen from Moseley when he encounters comments either questioning Lockie's abilities and/or talking up one of the other QBs on the roster -- and little else, I'll be surprised if the starter at the beginning of the season is anyone but Lockie. I think he will be athletic enough and smart enough in his decision-making to be just fine.
DuckYouBama
One Star Recruit

Post by DuckYouBama »

gogreen55 wrote:Based on everything I have heard, Lockie is light years ahead of Mahalak at this point and it is very unlikely that will change between now and the start of next season. The perception that there is some huge gap in their athletic abilities is overblown as well. Mahalak isn't going to blow anyone away with his athletic prowess. Barring some transfer being added to the mix, Lockie will likely be the starter next season.
This would be a real buzzkill
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I am not a fan of Everett Golson at all but I would consider taking him in since I think he's more likely to succeed than Lockie.
vegasdom
Three Star Recruit

Post by vegasdom »

Waller had a great game vs #1 Bishop Gorman. He completed 15 of 25 passes for 282 yards and one touchdown and ran for 138 yards and a touchdown.