WT3 To the Eagles

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phalanx
Senior

WT3 To the Eagles

Post by Phalanx »

It's being reported that Walter Thurmond has reached an agreement with the Eagles.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/gia ... srcref=rss

I kind of wonder how much all of these Oregon players on one team affects the Duck brand. Do we need the Eagles to succeed? Obviously, I am rooting for Kelly to do well, but I also wonder if this is the next level of sports synergy. Oregon and Nike have forged a very successful relationship - how about Oregon and the Eagles? "Come to Oregon, we send TONS of players to the NFL, just look at the Eagles!" Kind of a neat concept.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: WT3 To the Eagles

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I think we will definitely see a residual affect if the Eagles do well. Sadly, I think we will also see that(fair or not) if the Eagles stumble.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Makes it easy to root for Eagles.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Well, that's awesome. I always thought that WT3 had what it took to became a real good pro. He's had some injury problems, but hopefully he gets the opp to play there.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Well since Chip doesn't seem to care what anyone thinks about him taking as many Ducks as possible anyone seeing him grabbing Ifo if he falls to the right pick?
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

FlDuckFan wrote:Well since Chip doesn't seem to care what anyone thinks about him taking as many Ducks as possible anyone seeing him grabbing Ifo if he falls to the right pick?
I was thinking the same thing - it would be fun to see Ifo there too, although I think everyone in Philly's heads would explode to get another Oregon guy, and another injured player to boot.

I baffles me that Chip is not more revered in Philadelphia after taking their formerly crappy team to consecutive 10-win seasons.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

There was no reverence in Philly in the past... Having Chip won't change that long term, even if he brings in a Super Bowl.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Phalanx wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:Well since Chip doesn't seem to care what anyone thinks about him taking as many Ducks as possible anyone seeing him grabbing Ifo if he falls to the right pick?
I was thinking the same thing - it would be fun to see Ifo there too, although I think everyone in Philly's heads would explode to get another Oregon guy, and another injured player to boot.

I baffles me that Chip is not more revered in Philadelphia after taking their formerly crappy team to consecutive 10-win seasons.
Philly fans don't understand when they're on the up. They hated McNabb even when he was throwing up on the field in the Super Bowl.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I'll leave McNabb alone, he was a good qb but personally I can't stand him, and if he had been white the media would have killed him.

Anyways I think Philly needs to let chip finish the FA signings and draft, before totally jumping all over him. If they sign Murray, like is being reported, drafts say Jalen Strong, and maybe Hundley or another Qb to groom for the future in the 2nd, I think he will be setting them up for the future. Strong is a stud, who would tear it up in chips system imo.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I'm not sure which position is a more pressing need: WR or S. Both are big holes but really only one (WR) is a spot that is deep in the draft so I could easily see Chip taking a S first and a WR second.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

greenyellow wrote:I'm not sure which position is a more pressing need: WR or S. Both are big holes but really only one (WR) is a spot that is deep in the draft so I could easily see Chip taking a S first and a WR second.
I've seen most mocks having him taking the corner from LSU or even Peters from UW. Safety's can be found later in the draft honestly, and as much as I like WTIII he has yet to play a full season.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

It’s cool that there are so many ducks assembled in one place, it’s kind of like Arizona is an interesting team for LSU fans but very different due to the fact that Chip coached a lot of these guys. I also like that Chip has taken complete control and obviously doesn't care who you are, he will cut you if you don't buy in and have the right attitude. With all that in mind, s*** will blow up on chip fast if things don’t go right this year.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

buckmarkduck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:I'm not sure which position is a more pressing need: WR or S. Both are big holes but really only one (WR) is a spot that is deep in the draft so I could easily see Chip taking a S first and a WR second.
I've seen most mocks having him taking the corner from LSU or even Peters from UW. Safety's can be found later in the draft honestly, and as much as I like WTIII he has yet to play a full season.

You talking about Jalen Collins? Dude is going to be a BEAST! I'm hoping that he drops to the Saints
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Bud Lee wrote:It’s cool that there are so many ducks assembled in one place, it’s kind of like Arizona is an interesting team for LSU fans but very different due to the fact that Chip coached a lot of these guys. I also like that Chip has taken complete control and obviously doesn't care who you are, he will cut you if you don't buy in and have the right attitude. With all that in mind, s*** will blow up on chip fast if things don’t go right this year.
I really think ownership is going to give Chip more leeway than the media/fans. I realize a lot of the players that fans bought jerseys for have been traded, but the other side of that is that the Eagles are ruling the headlines right now. Every new move they make is the new top story in the FA market. Chip is generating a lot of interest. If Bradford and these new running backs can deliver at all, the Eagles are going to cash in.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Obviously the Eagles need a WR, but also, what are the chances that Ryan Matthews becomes a passing option? Chip's offense is pretty notorious for using RB's and WR's interchangeably, and if so, that would take some of the pressure off of the WR corps.

I tell ya, I feel myself becoming a big Eagles' fan. Really hoping they do great things this year.