Getting to Know

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Getting to Know

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Goose! wrote: Occupation: Full time student at Stony Brook University / Part-time "model" at Abecrombie & Fitch
Really? Fully clothed Pics or it didn't happen.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

They call all their employees 'models'. I was as well back in college
Goose!
Five Star Recruit

Post by Goose! »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Goose! wrote: Occupation: Full time student at Stony Brook University / Part-time "model" at Abecrombie & Fitch
Really? Fully clothed Pics or it didn't happen.
lukeyrid13 wrote:They call all their employees 'models'. I was as well back in college
^Yes. Hence, the quotation marks on model.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Ah. Maybe we should start calling our GMs at DASL 'models' as well, it might catch on..

FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Bump, for the new guys? Would be cool to get to know some of them especially with the recent bump of something like 3 new gms.
Satah
Four Star Recruit
GM: Sacramento Kings

Post by Satah »

Experience prior to DASL: Veteran since I was in middle school. Probably the first deaf guy to join a sim league :lol:
Best Moment in DASL: For now, joining this sim league is my best moment
Worst Moment in DASL: Seeing the terrible roster when I took over the Kings
One regret/mistake in player personal you wish you could take back: Not related to this sim league but thought I'd share my all time regret move with y'all. In my first sim league experience (retro sim league). I traded a future first round pick for Nareja. Few years later, that pick went first overall pick in 2003. Guess who got drafted.
Player most looking forward to: Josh Smith - He never lived up to his hype in real life. I am curious if he can live up to his hype in this sim league.
Favorite NBA team: laughingstock team of the 21st century, New York Knicks
How did you come across the league: Went to fbbgames.com/forum to find an online league to join
Suggestion idea(s) for league: Just joined this league recently. I will post it later
2009 DASL Champions - LeBron James named Finals MVP
Bullets Roster
stylesofpunk
Three Star Recruit

Post by stylesofpunk »

Experience prior to DASL: Alot won a few championships did a few rebuilds.
Best Moment in DASL: The warm welcome i got from you people
Worst Moment in DASL: None yet
One regret/mistake in player personal you wish you could take back: Not on here but in one of my sim leagues we started with the 2003 draft(same picks as real life) I had the Pistons and selected Wade with the 2nd pick then traded Rasheed and a couple future 1sts along with Tayshaun Prince. I had the 3rd pick and selected Bosh. My lineup was Ben Wallace/Chris Bosh/Rip Hamilton/Dwayne Wade/Chauncey Billups which sounds amazing except when the season started Rip got hurt for like ever with a skull injury then the 2nd sim Bosh went down with a broken leg then the 3rd sim Wade went down then the 4th sim Billups went down. My team went from shooting towards a championship to a lineup of Ben Wallace/Mehmet Okur/Darvin Ham/Bob Sura/Lindsay Hunter. Yeah no scoring whatsoever so my pick ending up being #1 and the other team took Howard and traded Nene/Camby for Ray Allen and had Howard/Sheed/Prince/Allen/Miller. Only positive was the 04/05 season we met in the championship(I won)
Player most looking forward to: Deron Williams/CP3
Favorite NBA team: Pistons
How did you come across the league: Saw a post on i want to say realgm or the FBBforums
Suggestion idea(s) for league: More activity yes we are a solid bunch but i would like to see more activity especially in like people making trade blocks and that as it feels only half the teams have made them. Also maybe a future draft thing where we can kind of know who might be coming out in the next few years and that
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Satah, we actually had a deaf guy as one of our original GMs. He's a regular poster on this forum.

Najera for Lebron.......that is like the Jazz trading Gail Goodrich for Magic Johnson
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Satah, we actually had a deaf guy as one of our original GMs. He's a regular poster on this forum.

Najera for Lebron.......that is like the Jazz trading Gail Goodrich for Magic Johnson
Yeah was gonna say, Danny (OreDucks01284) is also deaf. He actually participated in this league for a bit, but he's been a long time member of Ducks Attack.

Satah
Four Star Recruit
GM: Sacramento Kings

Post by Satah »

That's cool. I tried to get my deaf friends to join when I was a young teenager. None of them were interested in sim leagues. It'd be nice to meet another deaf general manager someday.
2009 DASL Champions - LeBron James named Finals MVP
Bullets Roster
dennocj
Five Star Recruit
GM: Indiana Pacers

Post by dennocj »

I haven't seen this till now but since I've been here a little while I'll add my info.

Occupation: Soon to be Grad Student studying Sport Management at Univ. of Tennessee
Experience prior to DASL: None at all
Best Moment in DASL: Haven't really had that great of a moment yet
Worst Moment in DASL: Haven't had one of these yet either
One regret/mistake in player personal you wish you could take back: I'm still learning the ins/outs, but I feel like I've been alright with player personnel so far.
Player most looking forward to: Jermaine O'Neal as of right now. Looking good as a rookie, but hopefully I don't jinx it.
Favorite NBA team: Washington Wizards
How did you come across the league: Pistons owner(My brother)
Suggestion idea(s) for league: Very well run, don't have any as of right now. Appreciate all the help I've gotten these first few weeks.
jibbajabba614
Senior
GM: Milwaukee Bucks GM

Post by jibbajabba614 »

Yea i missed this too. Thought it was an old article.

Experience prior to DASL: It's been years since I played. I was in a couple in high school
Best Moment in DASL: getting KG trade vetoed. Yes KG was my favorite.
Worst Moment in DASL: trading for KG. Originally the offer was for Shaq, he got a better deal and I thought KG would be a B+ C+ C A- B B type of player.
One regret/mistake in player personal you wish you could take back: trading Rice so quickly but I didn't have a playoff roster and was afraid of a TC disaster.
Player most looking forward to: Anthony Davis/Kevin Durant. Both can do just about everything.
Favorite NBA team: Hawks, this atl season really got me back into basketball. Atlanta hasn't been this excited about basketball in years.
How did you come across the league: FBB forum. And looked good.
Suggestion idea(s) for league: I think the league is great.
mking22wvu
Three Star Recruit

Post by mking22wvu »

Experience prior to DASL: Half a dozen leagues or so...also, I've spent MANY o' hours playin' FBB on my own. It's Civ addicting.
Best Moment in DASL: After only one season, getting the 7-2 upset over the Grizz.
Worst Moment in DASL: Nothing comes to mind.
One regret/mistake in player personnel you wish you could take back: I've been happy with each of my moves thus far.
Player most looking forward to: https://vine.co/v/MFWZahKIQAj
Favorite NBA team: https://i.imgur.com/STXEw.gif
How did you come across the league: FBB forums
Suggestion idea(s) for league: This league is much more vanilla compared to most other leagues I've been in. It's a much better experience without individual camps, banks or a warp-speed pace. I'd imagine the slow pace keeps people from getting burnt out and has helped sustain the league. Also, for the most part, there hasn't been any douchebaggery....and that's pretty awesome.
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

^ Camps and what not just boils down to our commish only has so much time to invest in the league and adding in RC and extras is basically the tipping point.
mking22wvu
Three Star Recruit

Post by mking22wvu »

lukeyrid13 wrote:^ Camps and what not just boils down to our commish only has so much time to invest in the league and adding in RC and extras is basically the tipping point.
I like it much better without the camps and such. No commish should have to put that much time in to run one of these leagues.