Who would comprise the Mount Rushmore of Oregon?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Re: Who would comprise the Mount Rushmore of Oregon?

Post by duckduckgoose »

I would put Bobby Moore and Dan Fouts on my mountain. As a kid they were the ones that established me as a Duck fan for life. I still remember watching the game replays every Sunday on KGW with my dad. Add Chip and Marcus for obvious reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Who would comprise the Mount Rushmore of Oregon?

Post by OregonFan4Life »

If we're looking at the 4 people who had the biggest impact on the Oregon football program, in my opinion it has to be (in order):

Marcus Mariota: In my opinion, the Heisman trophy might be the greatest accomplishment for this program. We have never had a player this popular, nor anywhere close. Not only his play on the field, but how he conducted himself with such maturity and sportsmanship really shed a great light on the university. He made Oregon football more popular and respected, he had a huge impact on this entire university.

Kenny Wheaton: Sure it was one play, but where would we be without that pick six? Probably not here. If we lose that game to Washington we don't have the success we've had, no denying that.

Chip Kelly: First, if Helf or any other coach wins a national championship, I will replace Chip with that coach. However, four straight BCS games, 3 straight conference championships, he brought us innovation and success we could not have imagined. He didn't always have the best players (Masoli, come on, who else could've done what Chip did with a QB like Masoli? And if we had a halfway decent kicker in 2012, we dominate Notre Dame for our first national championship), but his ability to dominate opposing coaches through his incredible mind brought popularity and success for this team nobody saw coming.

Phil Knight: The facilities and jerseys and all of his contributions have contributed to the popularity of this program, it can't be denied.