Portland Trail Blazers Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Re: Portland Trail Blazers Thread

Post by Duckattack7 »

I like CJ too I would have to see him go but if we traded for Jahlil we would save TONS of cap space for a young superstar.
Return Of the Quack!
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

Hate*
Return Of the Quack!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Blazers playing good ball lately and the 8th seed right now. Meh. Worst place to be is late lotto/8th seed area.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Blazers playing good ball lately and the 8th seed right now. Meh. Worst place to be is late lotto/8th seed area.
Olshey has to have something in mind because this roster can't win playoff series against the top teams and this is a bad spot to be for the team.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

The Blazers are likely to take a dip again in the coming weeks as the schedule gets more difficult. I still think they get a lottery pick. It will be interesting to see if Olshey pulls off a trade with all of that cap space.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Blazers are now 17-4 in their last 21 games, with a big win over the Pacers on the road.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Great wins over both Chicago and Indiana. Keep it up, Blazers!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Blazers are now 17-4 in their last 21 games, with a big win over the Pacers on the road.
I was actually equally impressed with our win over the Bulls with CJ shooting 1 for 12. Blazers are playing great ball right now.

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Wish the Blazers would have tried to add some depth with all the cuts during the last week. But I really like how they have gelled and are playing right now. Honestly coming into the year, I thought this team would be a 30 win team, great to be proved wrong.
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

If we make the playoffs we lose our draft pick to Brooklyn so that first round pick we got from cleavland was nice insurance moving forward. Now if we can only sign a big name FA this team would be golden next year. I wouldn't mid signing Harrison Barnes if the price is right.
Return Of the Quack!
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

First round pick goes to Denver I think if they make playoffs. A few weeks ago I was hoping for them to no make the playoffs to get the pick, but as well as they have played the last month it's hard not to cheer for them to win. Found this on the FRONT of espn.com

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14877 ... d-schedule

Before the year I said 28-32 wins, this team has for sure exceeded my expectations with 20 or so games left.
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

You are probably right with saying it goes to Denver we have delt so many picks it's hard to keep count where they are going and where they are coming from
Return Of the Quack!
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Duckattack7 wrote:If we make the playoffs we lose our draft pick to Brooklyn so that first round pick we got from cleavland was nice insurance moving forward. Now if we can only sign a big name FA this team would be golden next year. I wouldn't mid signing Harrison Barnes if the price is right.
The big question is how much does Crabbe get paid, and how does that restrict the rest of the spending.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

the problem with having so much cap space is EVERYBODY is going to have cap space this summer. the cap is jumping to $89 mil, a whopping NINETEEN million dollar boost from this season. in a normal year, portland having more cap space than anybody might be an advantage (and might help negate portland's problem with attracting free agents) but it's not going to do us a whole lot of good this year.

it's not to say olshey can't hit a home run and reel someone of note, but the nba didn't do us any favors with their media deal coming to fruition this year.
ImageImageImageImageImage
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

oregontrack wrote:the problem with having so much cap space is EVERYBODY is going to have cap space this summer. the cap is jumping to $89 mil, a whopping NINETEEN million dollar boost from this season. in a normal year, portland having more cap space than anybody might be an advantage (and might help negate portland's problem with attracting free agents) but it's not going to do us a whole lot of good this year.

it's not to say olshey can't hit a home run and reel someone of note, but the nba didn't do us any favors with their media deal coming to fruition this year.
It's insane how much the cap is growing these days..