Will Royce make it to the Heisman?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Will Royce make it to the Heisman?

Post by Duck07 »

I'm not saying he's going to win, but will he be invited and place? It would seem to set him up going into the following season and I hope he runs all over the biebers to force the issue and get the invite.
greenyellow

Re: Will Royce make it to the Heisman?

Post by greenyellow »

I don't think he will because he's sort of fallen off the radar after Oregon's sputtering start. Everyone is talking about Fournette and McCaffrey so Freeman will likely be left out.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

greenyellow wrote:I don't think he will because he's sort of fallen off the radar after Oregon's sputtering start. Everyone is talking about Fournette and McCaffrey so Freeman will likely be left out.
X2
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:I don't think he will because he's sort of fallen off the radar after Oregon's sputtering start. Everyone is talking about Fournette and McCaffrey so Freeman will likely be left out.
I don't think anyone's putting fournette ahead of Royce, he's third in the nation in rushing
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Don't sleep on Henry or Elliot either. In fact, I'd argue Henry is by far the leader right now.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Don't sleep on Henry or Elliot either. In fact, I'd argue Henry is by far the leader right now.
Forgot about Henry but I'm surprised he's being talked about as a Heisman contender because of how pedestrian he looks at times. I sometimes wonder if he's really Heisman worthy or he's more a product of having an overpowering OL in front of him.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Its an odd year for the Heisman. The media isn't excited about anyone since LSU went south. I don't really think there is a leader at this point.
srsmiley007
Four Star Recruit

Post by srsmiley007 »

greenyellow wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Don't sleep on Henry or Elliot either. In fact, I'd argue Henry is by far the leader right now.
Forgot about Henry but I'm surprised he's being talked about as a Heisman contender because of how pedestrian he looks at times. I sometimes wonder if he's really Heisman worthy or he's more a product of having an overpowering OL in front of him.
What? Pedestrian? While he does have an overpowering line, he's like 6' 3.5" and 255 (ignore what they state his weight at). He's a beast and only needs to fall forward to gain 4 yards. That's pretty hard to stop. I'm not seeing the pedestrian. Not sure how it will translate at the next level because he runs so upright but he's clearly not 238 and depending upon how Oklahoma plays out, will definitely be the front runner. Nobody has stopped him yet. Even in their loss to Ole Miss, he was a beast and they lost that due to coaching.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

He may have an outside shot since we are a hot topic again. But with our losses, I don't think he makes it.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Henry is leading right now, and because he's at Bama he has a good shot at winning it. That said I take 5-6 RB over him this year. Royce would have 2000 yards behind that OL.
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

greenyellow wrote:
Feels like the year Ingram won.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Royce just got left off the Doak Walker finalist list. Not a huge surprise really.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Tray Dub wrote:Royce just got left off the Doak Walker finalist list. Not a huge surprise really.

He's not from the sec, and he's not white running behind a great OL. Oh well once they hit the NFL, Royce will be the one who shines, while McCaffer (just like Staley and Gerhart) and Henry fizzle out.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:Royce just got left off the Doak Walker finalist list. Not a huge surprise really.

He's not from the sec, and he's not white running behind a great OL. Oh well once they hit the NFL, Royce will be the one who shines, while McCaffer (just like Staley and Gerhart) and Henry fizzle out.
Don't get why white matters at all. And frankly, McCaffrey is pretty talented. Dude sheds lots of tacklers. He also has 416 receiving yards 3 tds and 31.2 yards per return on kick offs. You can hate, but he's been producing.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

It's not hating, I believe Elliot and Freeman are much better than him, put Royce in that system and he's a 2000 yard rusher. I also know the old white media loves to vote for white RB, same reason guys who are white small forwards or guards get so much attention in college. They all bust once they hit the NFL and NBA. I'm blonde, I don't hate whites it just a fact. It's been 30+ years since there has been a all pro white RB.