UOducksTK1's Official GM Rankings #2 (2004 edition)

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

UOducksTK1's Official GM Rankings #2 (2004 edition)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Criteria
#1 - 50% Skill (The DCs you post, the FA Bids you send, the transactions you make, the picks you make, setting up your team for the future, for the pressent, the comments you make, etc)
#2 - 30% Performance (Winning)
#3 - 20% Activity (A good GM cares about the league)

Previous Rankings: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=18183
(Previous Rankings are in parenthesis)

#1 (#1) dd10snoop28 - Milwaukee Bucks GM
I don't think anyone will argue this one. The Bucks have 149 playoffs wins. Hornets are a close second with 134, but no other team has more than 90 wins. They also boast a 954 wins, 120 more than the next closest (Knicks). Most importantly, he's won the games that have mattered. Four championships in Five appearances is the best in the league. He has never really rebuilded, but constantly reloaded. The Bucks have yet to miss the playoffs. Don't doubt. Krup did, and he was wrong.

#2 (#3) lukeyrid13 - Charlotte Hornets GM
I'm a man of championships. While the Knicks and Rockets have more wins than the Hornets, they don't even touch the Hornets when it comes to Playoff wins, and winning the big one. No team has made it to the Finals more than the Hornets. Lukey will have his hands full pretty soon, as he has one of the oldest rosters in DASL. It'll be interesting to see if he can turn things around quickly, or if he'll go into rebuild mode. Something the Hornets have very rarely seen.

#3 (#2) Boom - Houston Rockets GM
Boom has had some of the most balanced teams in DASL history. It's no surprise that his team boasts a strong starting five with a very serviceable bench. The Rockets are coming off their first championship ever, after three failed attempts. I think that was just what Boom needed to push him over the top. His team is a little older, but he does a good job of integrating youth in when needed.

#4 (#10) Zyme - New York Knicks GM
The Knicks win games better than everybody except the Bucks. That in itself is something to be proud about. The Knicks won the championship in back to back years in 92/93. That championship team was formidable and is a big part of why Zyme has asserted himself in DASL as one of the top GMs. Of all the top 5 GMs, the Knicks may be in the most difficult position. Barely good enough to make playoffs, but not bad enough to rebuild. I wouldn't be surprised to see Zyme go for a full rebuild after this season or next.

#5 (NR) Dave - Cleveland Cavaliers GM
While Dave doesn't have the 800-900 wins or hundreds of playoff wins, he might be the best candidate to catch up with all the other record breaking GMs (With time). He's only been around a few seasons, and has already shown how quickly he can build a team from the ground up. After a championship appearance last season, he shows know signs of relapse as the Cavs lead the league in wins. Dave's activity is contagious and I believe it's good for the league.

#6 (#6) Brophdog88 - Denver Nuggets GM
Broph has an identity, an inverse, and closure. In other words, he has his own theory for creating a successful group of players. To the novice eye, his teams might not job at you. His miraculous run in 1990 is not something I would write off as a fluke, but a deliberate attempt at manipulating the game in his favor. Few doubt the skill broph has, but it's still desirable to see him reach a level of success as some of the other top GMs have. Broph has the best team in the west right now, so perhaps that's about to change.

#7 (#15) Goose! - Los Angeles Lakers GM
Goose IMO is the most improved GM since my last rankings. He was knew to the game when he joined, and the learning curve was a bit rough at first, but I think goose understands the game very well now. His two championship appearances and DASL ring are evidence of that. He's in a great position to rebuild and I think we'll be hearing from the Lakers again in a few years.

#8 (#18) Oregon Ownage - Dallas Mavericks GM
No team has won more playoff games and more regular season games with a championship game appearance than the Mavericks. Take out the Mavs first few rebuilding years after the creation draft, and you see a team that has consistently won. Oregon Ownage once again has a solid team, but we'll see if they finally have what it takes to make it to the big one. He's always been an active poster and contributor too, so congrats on the 10 spots jump!

#9 (#17) Phenom - Seattle SuperSonics GM
Phenom made it to the title game in 97 and 00. The Sonics won it in 2000 after a hard fought 7 game battle against the Hornets. During those years, the SuperSonics were considered the top team in the West. When phenom has the time, he's shown he can put together a strong team. Understandably so, his activity has been lacking, but once he settles down, I'd expect him to keep building winning teams.

#10 (#7) FlDuckFan - Minnesota Timberwolves
FlDuckFan's playoff record makes me want to cry. They are actually over .500 in regular season wins, but are 29-45 in the playoffs. I know he will blame Mitch Richmond, and perhaps it's justified, because the Wolves had some really strong teams going into playoffs before flopping. FlDuckFan is right up there with Dave in terms of activity, so that helps his ranking from dropping any further. Good GM with a little bad luck.

#11 (NR) pistolpetejr - San Antonio Spurs GM
They are the only one and done championship team in DASL, meaning they are the only team to appear in the finals once, but win. And so to has pistolpete disappeared as a GM. If his activity was better, I'd probably have him ranked higher. A good GM, but you can't be great when you're not around.

#12 (#5) pudgejeff - Orlando Magic GM
Pudge is a knowledgeable, active GM. He's had a few rough squads that didn't quite pan out. Pudge has put together some great combination of youth/picks, only to see him sit on that talent instead of trying to make some moves to get to the top. That's really hindered his ability to be a top contender. But this time around, I think he's got it. He's a piece or two away from being where he wants to be.

#13 (#19) Marzeial - Atlanta Hawks GM
Hawks are like the Mavs of the East. They have made the playoffs 11 times with 0 title appearances. No other team can boast such a feat! Marzeial is pretty solid across the board. After goose, I'd say he's picked things up the quickest since my last rankings. I'm really wanting to see a breakthrough season. With the Hornets and Knicks getting old, it's time for new faces to make a splash. Cavaliers have already made their move, and if the Hawks can turn things around in a few years, maybe they'll be back in the picture.

#14 (#22) DrBradBuss - Phoenix Suns GM
Not gonna lie, these middle of the pack GMs are some of my favorites (pudge, drbrad, marzeial, bells, skyhooker,etc). Not only are they the most active, but they make smart moves and put together decent teams. I'm waiting for one of them to break through, and perhaps DrBradBuss is the one to do it. The Suns have actually made the playoffs 9 times, so they know how to win. With a decent rebuild setup, the Suns are one of the few teams in the West I'd keep an eye on down the road.

#15 (#8) bellsduck - Utah Jazz GM
Probably the best GM with the worst luck in the entire league. I don't doubt bellsduck knows what he's doing after spending 15 seasons with DASL. However, his tenure on paper has been pretty terrible. His squad now is very balanced and with some healthy injection through trades/FA/Draft, he could definitely have a contender team on his hands (especially in the west, where things are more open). Bells has been a consistently active GM, and I think most of us are rooting for him to break through the curse of mediocrity.

#16 (NR) Skyhooker- Philadelphia 76ers GM
Skyhooker has gained a lot of my respect. She could have folded and quit after building up her team to a really strong point, only to lose Vince Carter in free agency. But since then, the 76ers have been slowly improving and have a legit shot at the #2 seed in the East. She makes good moves and shows a good understanding of the league. Activity is solid too. Random tidbit: I think she's the only female GM in the league.

#17 (#12) duckyoubeavers - Vancouver Grizzlies GM
duckyoubeavers has put together some mighty fine teams on paper, but could never quite get things clicking. He's put himself in a very poor position, being stuck with two very old men expiring (Sprewell/Barros) and a bad Chris Webber contract. There's no doubt he will rebuild, but it's a shame he couldn't get any value for his older guys. The silver lining is he has a bunch of cap space and all his picks going forward. If he can stay active and make the right moves, I know he can put together a good team.

#18 (#11) rpmunn - Washington Bullets GM
This is a tough draw for rpmunn. I think he's better than what his ranking shows. While he's only made the playoffs 7 times, he has 32 playoff wins to show for it. None of the Bullets teams have been spectacular, but they've been good enough to make a run at the championship. I like the Bullets effort to go all in by trading away a bunch of future firsts for an Allen Iverson / Stephon Marbury backcourt. I love the idea, but time will tell if it was the right choice.

#19 (NR) jibbajabba614- Chicago Bulls GM
jibbajabba614 has done a great job of quickly turning around a pretty sorry Bulls franchise and giving them some hope in a very long time. As the Knicks and Hornets age, I really think the Bulls have an opportunity to establish themselves as contender in the East. Jibbajabba has been a great addition to the league in terms of skill and activity. With more time to build some credibility and a strong resume, I think we'll see jibbajabba move up in the rankings.

#20 (NR) catch 922 - Detroit Pistons GM
Catch, like jibbajabba (while not quite as new), has shown a good grasp of the league. And like skyhooker, catch got a little bit of bad luck after losing out on Jalen Rose, who was the cornerstone of the franchise. That has put the Pistons in an awkward position, battling for a .500 record with no first this year. However, the Pistons are doing the right thing, by clearing up their cap and looking to rebuild. We'll get a much clearer picture of catch 922's skills in a few seasons.

#21 (NR) Satah - Sacramento Kings GM
Satah's activity has been great. So, it's nice to see him get rewarded with a little bit of luck (Hello lottery), and pull some pieces together to put together what might be the best young team in DASL. Because Satah is newer, it's very difficult for me to justify a higher ranking. But with their current roster, it's nearly inevitable that he moves up unless LeBron commits suicide.

#22 (#29) Hkate001 - Miami Heat GM
I don't doubt hkate can run a solid squad, but his activity has been really poor lately. The heat have the 5th worst winning percentage in DASL history. Once Hkate can put some effort into this team, maybe we'll finally see what he can do.

#23 (#23) cordy02c - New Jersey Nets GM
Nets are the only franchise to never win a playoffs game (2nd worst is Pacers with only 9 playoff wins). Cordy did, however, make the playoffs twice and actually had a decent young team for a bit. He just needs to remember to resign his guys and start sending more meaningful FA bids and maybe he'll finally get a playoff win.

#24 (NR) dennocj - Indiana Pacers GM
That trade was awful. Thankfully, there's time to bandage up that mistake and move forward. I like dennocj's attitude, and once he gets some experience I think he'll fit in great here. I gotta remember there were a lot of new GMs when this league started, making the same mistakes. So yes, patience.

#25 (NR) halifax - Toronto Raptors GM
He posted a block and has done the little things so far. Activity hasn't been great, but again his tenure is just beginning.

#26 (NR) nray30 - Los Angeles Clippers GM
New to the game, and way to early to get a good reading. Excited to see what nray can do.

#27 (NR) chipper -Golden State Warriors GM
Brand new GM with lots of FBB experience, can't wait to see what he can do.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Re: UOducksTK1's Official GM Rankings #2 (2004 edition)

Post by FlDuckFan »

All right , still Top 10!

Richmond is to blame I swear he was cursed to never make it past the first round save maybe 3 times in his career.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Dropped out of the top 10, dang and I even built a team worthy of a 'ship once. I think he's just punishing me for sitting on picks youth(rightly so I might add) and not making more pushes. Hopefully I'll be able to do that in the coming years.
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

UOducksTK1 wrote: #8 (#18) Oregon Ownage - Dallas Mavericks GM
No team has won more playoff games and more regular season games without a championship game appearance than the Mavericks. Take out the Mavs first few rebuilding years after the creation draft, and you see a team that has consistently won. Oregon Ownage once again has a solid team, but we'll see if they finally have what it takes to make it to the big one. He's always been an active poster and contributor too, so congrats on the 10 spots jump!
Two conf. finals appearances and two 4-3 loses. Never been good enough to push through.

Btw has the MidWest division been the most consistent in terms of GM's staying? Myself, Rockets, Nuggets & T-Wolves have been here from the start and Griz came along shortly after that.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote: #8 (#18) Oregon Ownage - Dallas Mavericks GM
No team has won more playoff games and more regular season games without a championship game appearance than the Mavericks. Take out the Mavs first few rebuilding years after the creation draft, and you see a team that has consistently won. Oregon Ownage once again has a solid team, but we'll see if they finally have what it takes to make it to the big one. He's always been an active poster and contributor too, so congrats on the 10 spots jump!
Two conf. finals appearances and two 4-3 loses. Never been good enough to push through.

Btw has the MidWest division been the most consistent in terms of GM's staying? Myself, Rockets, Nuggets & T-Wolves have been here from the start and Griz came along shortly after that.
I believe Atlantic is all originals other than Celtics.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Here's the originals...

Atlantic Division:
New Jersey Nets - cordy02c
New York Knicks - Zyme
Orlando Magic - pudgejeff
Washington Bullets - rpmunn

Central Division:
Atlanta Hawks - Marzeial
Charlotte Hornets - lukeyrid13
Milwaukee Bucks - dd10snoop28

Midwest Division:
Dallas Mavericks - Oregon Ownage
Denver Nuggets - Brophdog88
Houston Rockets - Boom
Minnesota Timberwolves - FlDuckFan
Utah Jazz - bellsduck

Pacific Division:
Los Angeles Lakers - Goose!
Seattle SuperSonics - Phenom

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Here's the originals...

Atlantic Division:
New Jersey Nets - cordy02c
New York Knicks - Zyme
Orlando Magic - pudgejeff
Washington Bullets - rpmunn

Central Division:
Atlanta Hawks - Marzeial
Charlotte Hornets - lukeyrid13
Milwaukee Bucks - dd10snoop28

Midwest Division:
Dallas Mavericks - Oregon Ownage
Denver Nuggets - Brophdog88
Houston Rockets - Boom
Minnesota Timberwolves - FlDuckFan
Utah Jazz - bellsduck

Pacific Division:
Los Angeles Lakers - Goose!
Seattle SuperSonics - Phenom
My bad Bells for not including you in my initial writeup. The final 14 left standing.
Marzeial
Freshman
GM: Atlanta Hawks

Post by Marzeial »

A six spot rise. I'll take it. Hopefully I can crack the top 10 someday
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

Broph and I come from the same tree of this game. #1 win the rebounding, #2 have a good PG, #3 win the TO battle. If I had the assets to move for a top PG like Nash this would be the best team in the league by far. I am +8 rebounding difference as of last sim (haven't checked this sim).
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
chipper
Four Star Recruit
GM: Indiana Pacers

Post by chipper »

Saving the best for last. ^_^

I'm a bit rusty since UOSLR was my last sim I think on FBB (Was in a JSB sim for a long-ass time). So it'll take a bit to get back in the swing of things.
Pacers GM.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I would love to argue for that number one spot but the bucks have it locked down still.
Satah
Four Star Recruit
GM: Sacramento Kings

Post by Satah »

Nice ranking article.

I'm glad my rebuilding plan is done. Patience paid off. Now it's time to go after championships. I have to be careful with my young players' contracts when they expire.
2009 DASL Champions - LeBron James named Finals MVP
Bullets Roster
Goose!
Five Star Recruit

Post by Goose! »

Shoutout to zyme!
pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by pistolpetejr »

Has been hard for me to be active with this team + no interest in my players despite talent that can help contenders.
---

PistolPeteJR
Brophdog88
Senior
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Brophdog88 »

I just can't tank here, which means I can't get high draft picks, which means I pick late lotto, which means I get crappy players, which......cycle

Even when I put together a bad team I can't help but sign a decent PG like Cummings and use him, insteada sticking with absolute nothing with a bad DC
Denver Nuggets DASL GM