Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

rentdodger1
Three Star Recruit

Re: Election 2016

Post by rentdodger1 »

Alan wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
Alan wrote:
Agree, Trump did court the middle class and they showed up to polls big time. Rural America showed up also.
A couple things I found alarming, according to CNN exit poll data:

-42% of all women and 53% of white women voted for Trump

-26% of Latina women voted for Trump

-13% of black men voted for Trump

-48% of independents voted for trump versus 42% for Clinton

-26% of voters identified as "liberal" while 35% identify as "conservative"
Hillary had the white collar women but her campaign group completely missed what blue collar Americans wanted. Blue collar women of every race was a big get for trump. Hell blue collar period really showed up finally.
And blue collar America is going to get completely screwed by this result. What they have elected is a rich, privileged country club elite that could really give a crap about the middle class and the Bernie crowd.

The fact of the matter is, as a country we have an increasingly automated business environment, growing population and a lower/middle class that cannot function in that structure. Trump is not going to change that.

As someone who worked my way through college in a lumber mill and spent years doing business in DC , I do have an understanding of both worlds.

In the coming months when Trump has to show tax info, business ties in public disclosures and personal legal issues he is currently facing, that is going to show if the new emperor has any substance or understanding under that supercut.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

rentdodger1 wrote:
Alan wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
Alan wrote:
Agree, Trump did court the middle class and they showed up to polls big time. Rural America showed up also.

Hillary had the white collar women but her campaign group completely missed what blue collar Americans wanted. Blue collar women of every race was a big get for trump. Hell blue collar period really showed up finally.
And blue collar America is going to get completely screwed by this result. What they have elected is a rich, privileged country club elite that could really give a crap about the middle class and the Bernie crowd.

The fact of the matter is, as a country we have an increasingly automated business environment, growing population and a lower/middle class that cannot function in that structure. Trump is not going to change that.

As someone who worked my way through college in a lumber mill and spent years doing business in DC , I do have an understanding of both worlds.

In the coming months when Trump has to show tax info, business ties in public disclosures and personal legal issues he is currently facing, that is going to show if the new emperor has any substance or understanding under that supercut.

The Bernie crowd would have been disappointed in what he brought to the table as well. Trickle down economics is not stable. At best, it's a temporary band aid and false hope. Too many were just expecting handouts and a much easier path but no politician can create an easier path. A counter argument could be FDR and the New Plan which did create a ton of jobs....but those still required a ton of hard work.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

duckduckgoose wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:I'm not a fan of Trump but, I am excited to sit back and watch it all burn down. It will be interesting to watch how he handles the different aspects of government with no experience.
Yeah let's watch our 401ks evaporate into thin air tonight!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
over-react much?
rentdodger1
Three Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger1 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
rentdodger1 wrote:
Alan wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
Alan wrote:

The Bernie crowd would have been disappointed in what he brought to the table as well. Trickle down economics is not stable. At best, it's a temporary band aid and false hope. Too many were just expecting handouts and a much easier path but no politician can create an easier path. A counter argument could be FDR and the New Plan which did create a ton of jobs....but those still required a ton of hard work.
Luke,

Kudos to you..........spot on. I actually mentioned the FDR plans to someone in a government position some months ago. I firmly believe that when opportunity to earn through a job a workable path to an education or adapt a skill a blue collar worker might have can make huge change. Free stuff/handouts never work in the long run, not on an individual or larger corporate level.

If Trump wants to make a difference to our middle class or higher education system(work education credits) a hybrid model of FDR plans in both the government and corporate(earn those tax breaks) sectors would revolutionize this country on many levels. Neither party has quite figured that out.
Last edited by rentdodger1 on Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Since this is the Politics thread I have a dumb question. I've asked a lot of my republican friends but no one gives me a straight answer. What is the driving force behind wanting to get rid of the EPA? I get some of the regulations are one sided but couldn't that just be fixed?

I'm not trying to start anything bad here.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

FlDuckFan wrote:Since this is the Politics thread I have a dumb question. I've asked a lot of my republican friends but no one gives me a straight answer. What is the driving force behind wanting to get rid of the EPA? I get some of the regulations are one sided but couldn't that just be fixed?

Who exactly wants to get rid of the EPA? Names please and are they a driving force in their political party?
rentdodger1
Three Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger1 »

FlDuckFan wrote:Since this is the Politics thread I have a dumb question. I've asked a lot of my republican friends but no one gives me a straight answer. What is the driving force behind wanting to get rid of the EPA? I get some of the regulations are one sided but couldn't that just be fixed?

Coal, Mining industry, Oil and Gas...............Koch Bros.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Alan wrote:

Who exactly wants to get rid of the EPA? Names please and are they a driving force in their political party?

It was a while ago I could of swore TRump said he wanted to get rid of it.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

Alan wrote:

I think Trump threw out that he wanted to gut 80% of regulatory agencies including EPA, FDA...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Supposedly the budget for them is astronomical, a deficit of 590 billion. I'm not sure if that is what is influencing Trump or not. A ton of Republican money comes from oil, so there could be a connection there but I'm merely guessing.
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
rentdodger1 wrote:
Alan wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
Alan wrote:

The Bernie crowd would have been disappointed in what he brought to the table as well. Trickle down economics is not stable. At best, it's a temporary band aid and false hope. Too many were just expecting handouts and a much easier path but no politician can create an easier path. A counter argument could be FDR and the New Deal which did create a ton of jobs....but those still required a ton of hard work.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

The irony of people protesting because they are "fear" what Trump will do, while they vandalize, harass people/cars, burn American flags, block traffic, have hateful signs, etc...

The level of hate by Clinton supporters is scary.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

UOducksTK1 wrote:The irony of people protesting because they are "fear" what Trump will do, while they vandalize, harass people/cars, burn American flags, block traffic, have hateful signs, etc...

The level of hate by Clinton supporters is scary.
I still don't think talking politics on message boards is healthy for the board or it's members but yesterday was such a historic day. A business man with little or no political experience is the president. The First Lady was a model with very little college, but has done nude photos. A young child running around the White House, first since the Kennedy kids. I'm not worried about Trumps lack of experience, he has enough business experience to know to surround himself with the best minds he can.

Now my last comment on politics........I hope :lol: . The protesting is sad and unnecessary, kind of like all the celebrities saying if Trumps wins they will move to Canada.... I wonder if any are packing yet. One thing it shows we are truly still a nation divided. With luck that will change in the next four years.....or eight. All we can do is hope Trump can help this country.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Alan wrote:
I still don't think talking politics on message boards is healthy for the board or it's members but yesterday was such a historic day. A business man with little or no political experience is the president. The First Lady was a model with very little college, but has done nude photos. A young child running around the White House, first since the Kennedy kids. I'm not worried about Trumps lack of experience, he has enough business experience to know to surround himself with the best minds he can.

Now my last comment on politics........I hope :lol: . The protesting is sad and unnecessary, kind of like all the celebrities saying if Trumps wins they will move to Canada.... I wonder if any are packing yet. One thing it shows we are truly still a nation divided. With luck that will change in the next four years.....or eight. All we can do is hope Trump can help this country.
Putting a businessman in a political seat makes as much sense as putting a politician in a businessman's seat, does it not?

I'm all for talking politics within the communities we function in. If we can't here, we're basically doomed to talk to our dog about what we believe in.

Personally, the issue I hold above all others is environmental protection. The short-term economic gains that will be made from de-regulation of the energy sector are going to result in permanent losses to air quality, water quality, and world climate we live in. Truly saddened by what Trump intends to put forth.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

StevensTechU wrote:
Alan wrote:

Putting a businessman in a political seat makes as much sense as putting a politician in a businessman's seat, does it not?

I'm all for talking politics within the communities we function in. If we can't here, we're basically doomed to talk to our dog about what we believe in.

Personally, the issue I hold above all others is environmental protection. The short-term economic gains that will be made from de-regulation of the energy sector are going to result in permanent losses to air quality, water quality, and world climate we live in. Truly saddened by what Trump intends to put forth.
I have seen it happen on message boards before, friends be come enemies, bitter name calling and vulgarities used, members banned. This a good site with it's rules and I like it, TK allows politics is is fine with me, I will usually elect not to participate. With that said here's more participation on my part :lol: .

I think a business man or women like Trump can transition to the president pretty easily. They shouldn't be bound be previous political commitments or campaign funders. Where as a politician put in business is more likely to be out of there eliment. In my corporate life I have seen too many fresh out of school mba's put in a position of power without knowledge of business operations......rarely ended well..

As far as what issues are important to me is controlled government spending, affordable health care, controlled borders, of course environmental and a growing, healthy economy for starts.