Senior

Re: Election 2016

Post by Duck24 »

2016 election in a nutshell:
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

So where is the ire for the DNC manipulating the primary process against Bernie? This is as much or more about Hillary than it is Trump as I see it.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

I'm not a fan of Trump but, I am excited to sit back and watch it all burn down. It will be interesting to watch how he handles the different aspects of government with no experience.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

Duck07 wrote:So where is the ire for the DNC manipulating the primary process against Bernie? This is as much or more about Hillary than it is Trump as I see it.
Bernie isn't even a democrat, he's an independent. The DNC was right to want one of their own, but could have backed a winner in Bernie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

FlDuckFan wrote:I'm not a fan of Trump but, I am excited to sit back and watch it all burn down. It will be interesting to watch how he handles the different aspects of government with no experience.
Yeah let's watch our 401ks evaporate into thin air tonight!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Biggus Duckus wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:I'm not a fan of Trump but, I am excited to sit back and watch it all burn down. It will be interesting to watch how he handles the different aspects of government with no experience.
I'm sure it will be interesting as a white straight male. Anyone else well be worse off.
I did not vote for Trump, but please explain how trump can specifically single out white males to give them extra privileges? And/or hold down females or other races?
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Biggus Duckus wrote:
I'm sure it will be interesting as a white straight male. Anyone else well be worse off.
You'll have to tell me, I've never been white.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Biggus Duckus wrote:Did you not see his campaign?

He insulted black people, Hispanics, women, the disabled, immigrants, Muslims and probably more. Even if some of those don't see some sort of law applied to them, there is still the feeling of persecution from his constituents.
I wasn't a Trump supporter, but I did watch the campaign. I'm just sort of wondering if maybe we can drop the exaggerations and mock indignation now that the race is over. There are actual bigoted people in the world, and every time you say this about someone like Trump, you are cheapening that charge. Please, give it a rest.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Biggus Duckus wrote: I'm sure it will be interesting as a white straight male. Anyone else well be worse off.
This is actually more racist than anything I saw coming from the Trump campaign. I have no idea why people think in these terms.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

31% of the United States is white male. If that's all there was to it, Hillary would have crushed Trump.

Trump courted the middle class, and Hillary did not. That's what happened.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

StevensTechU wrote:31% of the United States is white male. If that's all there was to it, Hillary would have crushed Trump.

Agree, Trump did court the middle class and they showed up to polls big time. Rural America showed up also.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Alan wrote:
Agree, Trump did court the middle class and they showed up to polls big time. Rural America showed up also.
A couple things I found alarming, according to CNN exit poll data:

-42% of all women and 53% of white women voted for Trump

-26% of Latina women voted for Trump

-13% of black men voted for Trump

-48% of independents voted for trump versus 42% for Clinton

-26% of voters identified as "liberal" while 35% identify as "conservative"
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Aside from throwing out the normal Republican promises - get rid of Obamacare, immigration reform, pro-life Supremes, etc. the reason that Trump won was because he promised to reverse the effects of NAFTA in the Rust Belt states and bring manufacturing jobs back into the U.S. by imposing tariffs on anyone who continued to export jobs. This is what those folks have been waiting to hear since the Clintons got NAFTA passed in the 90's. So they voted for Trump. The nationalist cronies defeated the globalist cronies. Case closed. Now watch the globalists remove the artificial supports propping up our debt-ridden economy, and let Trump take the blame for the huge recession that results. The front page of Yahoo Finance is already talkign about the 'Trump Recession'. He hasn't even taken office yet, and already it's being baked in. Everyone should get defensive in their personal finances. It's coming, and Trump and his buddies will have no answer for it.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

StevensTechU wrote:
Alan wrote:
A couple things I found alarming, according to CNN exit poll data:

-42% of all women and 53% of white women voted for Trump

-26% of Latina women voted for Trump

-13% of black men voted for Trump

-48% of independents voted for trump versus 42% for Clinton

-26% of voters identified as "liberal" while 35% identify as "conservative"
Hillary had the white collar women but her campaign group completely missed what blue collar Americans wanted. Blue collar women of every race was a big get for trump. Hell blue collar period really showed up finally.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Alan wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:31% of the United States is white male. If that's all there was to it, Hillary would have crushed Trump.

Yup, but even so, I was surprised to see how well he did in the midwest.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13