Offseason Discussion/League Improvements

You can talk about all sim related stuff here.

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

Cellar-door
Senior
GM: Charlotte Hornets

Re: Offseason Discussion/League Improvements

Post by Cellar-door »

Craig wrote:
Cellar-door wrote:I think in the last thread I was in favor of no more than 1 position away from the player's natural (draft) position, with the occasional special restriction on guys who break the game ridiculously (Lebron at 2, Melo at 2).
So listed at the draft as a C..... PF or C eligible
Listed at the draft as a PF..... C/PF/SF eligible
Listed at the draft as a SF.... PF/SF/SG eligible
Listed at the draft as a SG.... PG(backup)/SG/SF eligible.
Listed at the draft as a PG.... PG/SG eligible
i think it's on the right track but it doesn't solve the bigs playing SF
It somewhat does. Most of the really ridiculous ones are C's like Gasol, most of the PFs aren't that ridiculous at the 3.
Hornets GM
Cellar-door
Senior
GM: Charlotte Hornets

Post by Cellar-door »

I remembered the other half of my proposal from last thread....
If you start a player at a position more than 20 times in a season you have to move him there. Since FBB caps certain ratings by position this prevents things like Gasol's huge strength advantage when playing SFs who have their strength capped.
Hornets GM
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Creating a poll that will be open until Saturday determining which rule to put into effect. Starting in the playoffs is when this rule will take effect.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Oregon Ownage wrote:Creating a poll that will be open until Saturday determining which rule to put into effect. Starting in the playoffs is when this rule will take effect.
Playoffs? I feel terrible for the GM's getting screwed on their picks.
dennocj
Five Star Recruit
GM: Indiana Pacers

Post by dennocj »

pudgejeff wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:Creating a poll that will be open until Saturday determining which rule to put into effect. Starting in the playoffs is when this rule will take effect.
Playoffs? I feel terrible for the GM's getting screwed on their picks.
Or playoff seedings. A team can benefit from it all the way until the playoffs then make the changes to the depth chart. Would almost be a completely different team than the regular season
nh333
Four Star Recruit
GM: San Antonio Spurs

Post by nh333 »

I tend to agree. I am not in playoff picture so this doesn't effect me. I think changes should either be made immediately or at the conclusion of the playoffs (if changes are made).
dave
Sophomore
GM: Cleveland Cavaliers

Post by dave »

Unless indicated in draft notes this should be a moot point. Allow GMs to make mistakes and advantages by playing guys in different spots. I know everyone wants to point to Gasol right now but I've also struggled mightily with other moves nor have I been a power house this year. Gasol is an aging big and the move down has helped him.

I forget the name of the player but Broph did this with another journeyman big man and he got good mileage out of him at the 3. David Lee same thing.

I experimented with AK at the 4 and got smoked.

The Melo gripe I had playing the 2 was because his rebounding rating is literally not allowed by the game itself. My suggestion was switch the players position if he's going to play there. SF > SG and then his rebounding rating would have changed.
CLEVLAND CAVS
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

dave wrote:Unless indicated in draft notes this should be a moot point. Allow GMs to make mistakes and advantages by playing guys in different spots. I know everyone wants to point to Gasol right now but I've also struggled mightily with other moves nor have I been a power house this year. Gasol is an aging big and the move down has helped him.

I forget the name of the player but Broph did this with another journeyman big man and he got good mileage out of him at the 3. David Lee same thing.

I experimented with AK at the 4 and got smoked.

The Melo gripe I had playing the 2 was because his rebounding rating is literally not allowed by the game itself. My suggestion was switch the players position if he's going to play there. SF > SG and then his rebounding rating would have changed.
David Lee is a guy who played the 4 and the 3, Broph played a journeyman big man at the 5 lol. You are making a mockery of this league and honestly at this point it's beyond even a joke. It's to the point of actually ruining the league. If you're cool with that I'm not sure what to tell you but it's past it's okay point. I honestly think you should be severely penalized for it.
Brophdog88
Senior
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Brophdog88 »

I moved Marlon Maxey from PF to SF, which would have been legal even in the new system. Really wasn't a journeyman though, I drafted him, and he stuck with me for a very long time. Notes even mentioned his steals.

Yes I gamed the system some by moving Lee to SF, though I did look up to see if he was ever a listed SF in his career (early on there was an article where he discussed they were trying him at SF more). But it was definitely because he had an advantage there, while he wasn't effective at PF/C

One big thing though....you can't institute this in season, it should be an offseason switch only
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by pistolpetejr »

Brophdog88 wrote:I moved Marlon Maxey from PF to SF, which would have been legal even in the new system. Really wasn't a journeyman though, I drafted him, and he stuck with me for a very long time. Notes even mentioned his steals.

One big thing though....you can't institute this in season, it should be an offseason switch only
This I agree with.
---

PistolPeteJR
Brophdog88
Senior

Post by Brophdog88 »

I had to make an edit dangit pistol, and now its missing from your quote
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by pistolpetejr »

Brophdog88 wrote:I had to make an edit dangit pistol, and now its missing from your quote
Oops :S

...#conspiracy
---

PistolPeteJR
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Brophdog88 wrote:I moved Marlon Maxey from PF to SF, which would have been legal even in the new system. Really wasn't a journeyman though, I drafted him, and he stuck with me for a very long time. Notes even mentioned his steals.

Yes I gamed the system some by moving Lee to SF, though I did look up to see if he was ever a listed SF in his career (early on there was an article where he discussed they were trying him at SF more). But it was definitely because he had an advantage there, while he wasn't effective at PF/C

I agree to this and thought about it but the sole reason why I felt it should start now is that I want to avoid the wild wild west for the rest of the season.

I had a feeling if the ruling started next season, alot of people would get "creative" with their lineups knowing the rule was put in place and also out of curiosity they would see if they had someone who could game the system.

By starting the rule now, I avoid this issue now and ensure a fair playground in the playoffs.
Brophdog88
Senior

Post by Brophdog88 »

Oregon Ownage wrote:

I agree to this and thought about it but the sole reason why I felt it should start now is that I want to avoid the wild wild west for the rest of the season.

I had a feeling if the ruling started next season, alot of people would get "creative" with their lineups knowing the rule was put in place and also out of curiosity they would see if they had someone who could game the system.

By starting the rule now, I avoid this issue now and ensure a fair playground in the playoffs.
It doesn't matter, teams were created with the rule not in place. If teams want to go nuts this one year, they can, it was the old rule system, but, come next year the new one is in place.
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Agree with broph^

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13