QB Competition

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lmduck

Re: QB Competition

Post by lmduck »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:I think the University at least on the outside has to look like they are considering anyone putting in for the position. It has something to do with making efforts to possibly hire or promote a minority. I don't think that is the reason Pellum got promoted... but anytime is a position open they have to give the appearance are looking at all candidates even if they have already internally decided who they are hiring. The Pellum hire has been speculated more than once was not Helfrich's decision. Interesting since he is the head coach.
Helfrich did not specifically want to promote Pellum. Some VERY INFLUENTIAL donors recommended it because as was stated, the window for an NC as open and the least amount of change was viewed as a good thing. Helfrich agreed to do it with some time-frame caveats, specifically two years. You know the outcome.
rentdodger1
Three Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger1 »

lmduck wrote:
GoDucksIn09 wrote:I think the University at least on the outside has to look like they are considering anyone putting in for the position. It has something to do with making efforts to possibly hire or promote a minority. I don't think that is the reason Pellum got promoted... but anytime is a position open they have to give the appearance are looking at all candidates even if they have already internally decided who they are hiring. The Pellum hire has been speculated more than once was not Helfrich's decision. Interesting since he is the head coach.

I was at the ASU game down here in the Phoenix area last season and was told the decision to replace Pellum was already in the works. The defensive performance in that game sealed the deal. I would not be surprised if Pellum is gone as LB coach at the end of the year, however it shakes out.

Hoke brings that red ass intensity that the Oregon coaching staff needs that primarily left with Annizaro and CK. Anything will be an improvement on defense after last year.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

rentdodger1 wrote:
lmduck wrote:

I was at the ASU game down here in the Phoenix area last season and was told the decision to replace Pellum was already in the works. The defensive performance in that game sealed the deal. I would not be surprised if Pellum is gone as LB coach at the end of the year, however it shakes out.

Hoke brings that red ass intensity that the Oregon coaching staff needs that primarily left with Annizaro and CK. Anything will be an improvement on defense after last year.
The decision to replace Pellum was a done deal after the Utah game. The day after that game Pellum met with AD staff and MH and it was finalized then.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

If a few donors explain to the AD that they are not happy and we may
reconsider future donations of large sums of money if changes arent made
im sure puts just a bit of pressure on the AD. There is no way that some donors
didnt voice their displessure with the defense last year.

Helfrich is the head coach and is incharge of his team..but he does answer to the
university that is paying him. At the end of the day its all about money. The university relies on
football for most of the other sports. So you have to figure some pressure was on Helfrich to make that
change. But no one really knows for sure. To bad for Pellum but its a business.. I met him a few years ago
and he seemed like a really nice man. However he was in over his head as DC.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

duckfan22 wrote:If a few donors explain to the AD that they are not happy and we may
reconsider future donations of large sums of money if changes arent made
im sure puts just a bit of pressure on the AD. There is no way that some donors
didnt voice their displessure with the defense last year.

Helfrich is the head coach and is incharge of his team..but he does answer to the
university that is paying him. At the end of the day its all about money. The university relies on
football for most of the other sports. So you have to figure some pressure was on Helfrich to make that
change. But no one really knows for sure. To bad for Pellum but its a business.. I met him a few years ago
and he seemed like a really nice man. However he was in over his head as DC.
DF22- your summary is spot on and accurate.
rentdodger1
Three Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger1 »

lmduck wrote:
rentdodger1 wrote:
lmduck wrote:

Sounds like your right on the mark. All I knew was that by the time the Ducks came down here for ASU the feelers where already out there to move on with a new DC. There is a pretty tight inner circle of the donor base that calls the shots. It doesn't take much to figure out who that is :) .

The decision to replace Pellum was a done deal after the Utah game. The day after that game Pellum met with AD staff and MH and it was finalized then.
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

Is there any way maybe TJ might be in the Dog House? Or is this a case of not playing up to par in practice?
Return Of the Quack!
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Duckattack7 wrote:Is there any way maybe TJ might be in the Dog House? Or is this a case of not playing up to par in practice?
He supposedly started to press real bad beginning with the first scrimmage in attempts to win the job and just totally lost his composure over the last few weeks.
duxforlyfe
Three Star Recruit

Post by duxforlyfe »

This thread has been hijacked!