Post by QuackAttack92 »

who?
"F***** score points. What's your plan?"- Chipper
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: I'm out Helf; sorry

Post by lukeyrid13 »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:I just want Helfrich gone. I wanted it to work since he is an Oregon guy... but this is just clearly not acceptable... and Helfrich I always had reservations about you... now instead of reservations.. I just want you gone... plain... and simple. Losing to Colorado at home to a team picked dead last is not acceptable and I don't care who you are. You lost last year to Utah a loss that was the largest ever at Autzen and then you lose a bowl game after being up by 31... and now this. I want you out... period.
My thoughts 100%. I kept saying I was waiting on Helf to prove himself to me, and even making a title appearance I didn't feel like he was the right guy. He is our gene chizik, riding the heisman qb but sadly we don't even have the trophy that cam and chizik have.
QuackAttack92
Three Star Recruit

Post by QuackAttack92 »

IMO the one thing that could save Helf's job is he goes to Herbert sooner rather than later and he plays well and shows promise
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Everybody loves the backup qb who has not played one meaningful down. Pretty crazy to think he would correct the horrible play calling on offense or a defense that gives up 100 yards plus to a backup qb running the ball. Herbert is not the answer.... showing Helfrich the door is.
QuackAttack92
Three Star Recruit

Post by QuackAttack92 »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:Everybody loves the backup qb who has not played one meaningful down. Pretty crazy to think he would correct the horrible play calling on offense or a defense that gives up 100 yards plus to a backup qb running the ball. Herbert is not the answer.... showing Helfrich the door is.
Maybe Herberts that good but scary thing is what if he isnt...who plays QB next year?
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I would love herman. Throw the bank at him. We are willing to pay 65 million for a building we need to back up that investment and be willing to pay top dollar for a top coach

More realistically, Rocky long would be ok.
Everyone is willing to throw the bank at Herman, he isn't coming to Oregon. Why would Rocky Long be an upgrade? Hoke did well at SDSU before being exposed at Michigan, why do you think Long would be different? We would have to change everything in the program on the off chance that it works out and you know the fan base isn't going to tolerate the rebuilding process.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Les was just fired so.......
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

TualatinDuck wrote:Les was just fired so.......
Do you think Les could succeed with the talent level at Oregon? He couldn't keep his job when he had all the 5* talent in the world. And people think our QB play is suspect now?
OregonFan4life -
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

No Karl, I don't. I think he would make a fantastic advisor for the rest of the season ala Alabama. Give him a chance to learn today's offensive mind sets and give hoke an added defensive eye to help out.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

karlhungis wrote:
TualatinDuck wrote:Les was just fired so.......
Do you think Les could succeed with the talent level at Oregon? He couldn't keep his job when he had all the 5* talent in the world. And people think our QB play is suspect now?
Pac isn't the SEC and our biggest strength is his biggest weakness: offense. I'd try and hire him as a special advisor and see how he fits in to Eugene. Hiring Hoke was a bit of a "mercenary" move and IF (that's the whole other side of this) you could get his interest, there's a lot to learn from him.
QuackAttack92
Three Star Recruit

Post by QuackAttack92 »

Man I'd love to have Dan Mullen but Im just not sure he would be interested
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

QuackAttack92 wrote:Man I'd love to have Dan Mullen but Im just not sure he would be interested
Why? He's mediocre, at best. Dak Prescott carried him the same way Mariota carried Helfrich.
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

I think the majority of you are crazy. The program is not falling off the deep end... But, this makes me take a couple steps towards the fire Helf train..

@AndrewGreif: Maloata: "Some of the young guys are here just to be here. They think ... by the time we play the next opponent, we're just going to win."

That attitude/culture is all on the shoulders of the CEO
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

mdm0302 wrote:I think the majority of you are crazy. The program is not falling off the deep end... But, this makes me take a couple steps towards the fire Helf train..

@AndrewGreif: Maloata: "Some of the young guys are here just to be here. They think ... by the time we play the next opponent, we're just going to win."

Yeah, that is troubling. I know Chip isn't coming back but that is exactly the type of thing that he wouldn't have allowed. That's what this team is missing. I don't care about losses as much as I care about a lack of leadership and accountability. I think Hoke is a huge improvement in the accountability department over Pellum but I don't know if Helfrich will ever get there. Hopefully he can surround himself with a staff that will demand that but it seems like the staff is taking on his personality, instead of compensating for it.
OregonFan4life -
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

karlhungis wrote:
mdm0302 wrote:I think the majority of you are crazy. The program is not falling off the deep end... But, this makes me take a couple steps towards the fire Helf train..

Yeah, that is troubling. I know Chip isn't coming back but that is exactly the type of thing that he wouldn't have allowed. That's what this team is missing. I don't care about losses as much as I care about a lack of leadership and accountability. I think Hoke is a huge improvement in the accountability department over Pellum but I don't know if Helfrich will ever get there. Hopefully he can surround himself with a staff that will demand that but it seems like the staff is taking on his personality, instead of compensating for it.
Maybe Hoke can slide into the HC role?

He seems to wield a big stick. Helfrich was never gonna work out as a CEO. To be successful he would have needed an OC and DC that raked people over the coals and got them excited. He's a middle manager type. If Hoke can be a CEO maybe he can save this team.