Oregon @ Washington State (Sat 6:30 pm Pac-12 Net)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Oregon @ Washington State (Sat 6:30 pm Pac-12 Net)

Post by buckmarkduck »

Phalanx wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
It's hilarious to me that people here keep acting like our OL is bad, yet every metric used to grade them says otherwise. He'll just last night I saw Carson York say that the 4 FR are better than any of the OL he played with during his time at UO. That's some hefty praise for them. Again, I don't think some of you understand what the OL is supposed to do when zone blocking.
Keep these coming. After watching the Huskies stomp all over Stanford, I need to hear some glimmer of positivity about the ducks, like maybe we can win and keep the streak alive. Maybe Stanford just has a terrible line and that's why the Husky front four looked so insanely good. Maybe, whenever they try those moves on the ducks, Royce Freeman will burn them for 10 yards. Maybe the Stanford QB isn't as mobile as Prukop. Keep hope alive. :lol:
Their D is damn good and will slow our O down, but if we lose to UW it won't be because our OL wasn't good. Browning and his passing scares the crap out of me vs our LB.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Yeah, I agree that the OL isn't really an issue in as much as they are 4 freshman who all look to be very talented. Aiello had a fine performance last week. I just wish we could see some tempo and what our young Quarterbacks can do. I'm tired of seeing Dakota stand like a statue in the pocket when these reps should go to the guys who will be in this spot next year.
QuackAttack92
Three Star Recruit

Post by QuackAttack92 »

Id love to think today is the start of a Herculean turnaround that gets us on a run to the Rose Bowl...but I just have trouble thinking we can do it
"F***** score points. What's your plan?"- Chipper
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

I would just like to keep the Cougs under 600 yards of offense. That would be a great day.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

I think it's too early for so many Duck fans to write the season off as being terrible. Yes, we probably won't be in the playoff and the Roe Bowl looks unlikely but it's not like we've lost to bad teams. Nebraska is pretty good this year (4-0, top 15 team in the rankings) and Colorado actually looks good and like they'll compete for the Pac 12 South title. It's not like we've been losing games to Portland State and Idaho here...
QuackAttack92
Three Star Recruit

Post by QuackAttack92 »

pdxduck2013 wrote:I think it's too early for so many Duck fans to write the season off as being terrible. Yes, we probably won't be in the playoff and the Roe Bowl looks unlikely but it's not like we've lost to bad teams. Nebraska is pretty good this year (4-0, top 15 team in the rankings) and Colorado actually looks good and like they'll compete for the Pac 12 South title. It's not like we've been losing games to Portland State and Idaho here...
Lol thanks that really puts everything perspective...we could be losing to 1AA schools guys its not bad yet
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

My prediction for tonight... which might shock some of you:

WSU: 42
Oregon: 38

I have a reputation on this board for being a blind optimist. I'm not on the Fire Helf bandwagon. I'm quick to point out that even though we've lost two straight games, our players have gone down fighting. Nobody is giving up.

But I've always countered that I'm a realist, not an optimist. And after watching the past two games, I can't pick Oregon to beat a team we've traditionally struggled against until our defense stops regressing and starts improving.

I said before this season that Oregon should contend for the Pac-12 title -- and I'm one poorly thrown fade away from being mathematically right. But now that we've lost that critical conference game, the chances of us running the table (or losing one and hoping other conference teams with better defenses lose more) just isn't realistic.

Oregon could win this game. And if our defense comes to play, Oregon WILL win this game.

I love my Ducks, but they need to show me at least a somewhat-capable defense for me to objectively pick them in good conscious.

That said... GO DUCKS! Prove me wrong. I hate being wrong, but I wouldn't mind being wrong tonight.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

pezsez1 wrote:My prediction for tonight... which might shock some of you:

WSU: 42
Oregon: 38

I have a reputation on this board for being a blind optimist. I'm not on the Fire Helf bandwagon. I'm quick to point out that even though we've lost two straight games, our players have gone down fighting. Nobody is giving up.

But I've always countered that I'm a realist, not an optimist. And after watching the past two games, I can't pick Oregon to beat a team we've traditionally struggled against until our defense stops regressing and starts improving.

I said before this season that Oregon should contend for the Pac-12 title -- and I'm one poorly thrown fade away from being mathematically right. But now that we've lost that critical conference game, the chances of us running the table (or losing one and hoping other conference teams with better defenses lose more) just isn't realistic.

Oregon could win this game. And if our defense comes to play, Oregon WILL win this game.

I love my Ducks, but they need to show me at least a somewhat-capable defense for me to objectively pick them in good conscious.

That said... GO DUCKS! Prove me wrong. I hate being wrong, but I wouldn't mind being wrong tonight.
Maybe you picking AGAINST the Ducks is the four leaf clover we need tonight. Maybe you just assured us the win!!!
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Maybe you picking AGAINST the Ducks is the four leaf clover we need tonight. Maybe you just assured us the win!!!
I'm kind of wondering if it was a mistake to abandon my pregame ritual of eating a donut. This is the first season in years when I haven't been doing that. :o
Willie Taggart is a dick.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

If UO loses this one, stick a fork in he Mark Helfrich era. This is as much of a must win game, as I can rember in UO football history.

That said I see a 52-31 win. Stat that will shock some people, Mike Leach is 0-4 at WSU after a bye. He was also 0-4 in opening games, and then lost to Eastern.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Eastern Washington might have a better defense than Oregon... Our defense is pretty pathetic. I still say 56-38 wazzu... I hope I am wrong.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

buckmarkduck wrote:If UO loses this one, stick a fork in he Mark Helfrich era. This is as much of a must win game, as I can rember in UO football history.

That said I see a 52-31 win. Stat that will shock some people, Mike Leach is 0-4 at WSU after a bye. He was also 0-4 in opening games, and then lost to Eastern.
Well if it gets so bad that he's replaced mid season, I want to see Campbell as the interim for his suit game alone.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Drayton Carlberg and Troy Dye didn't make the trip, I wonder what's up with Dye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
QuackAttack92
Three Star Recruit

Post by QuackAttack92 »

buckmarkduck wrote:If UO loses this one, stick a fork in he Mark Helfrich era. This is as much of a must win game, as I can rember in UO football history.

Reckon you're right...either we right the ship and make something of this season or Helf will rightly be sacked...honestly I don't see a close game either way one team is going to get thrashed
QuackAttack92
Three Star Recruit

Post by QuackAttack92 »

I wish people would stop saying the Buffs are going to "contend for the South"...they'll finish a distant 4th behind UCLA, Utah and ASU