Oregon @ Washington State (Sat 6:30 pm Pac-12 Net)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Re: Oregon @ Washington State (Sat 6:30 pm Pac-12 Net)

Post by Bud Lee »

Also I've only seen one of his post tagged but I also got a PM about him and after reviewing his post history he is being pretty crass to a lot of folks.

Bowing up to my main man TualatinDuck sealed the deal.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Bud Lee wrote:I put him in time out for a week.
Good call. If I was going to ban him it would have been for a week. Thanks, Bud.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:I put him in time out for a week.
Good call. If I was going to ban him it would have been for a week. Thanks, Bud.

Yeah, I don't think his actions calls for a major ban. He is a high energy poster and we need some of those folks around to help spark conversation but no need to be rude and aggressive to others.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Only one of his posts was flagged. Honestly, I don't feel like he's been so bad that he deserves a banning, which is why I'm letting TK1 (or Bud if he so pleases) make the call.

He's certainly been annoying and rude at times but I don't feel that he's a blatant troll.

And QuackAttack92, cool it on the the obviously inflamatory posting. Strong opinions are great but half your posts are obviously meant to incite a reaction. Stick to the strong but rational opinions and you'll be allowed to stick around.

And I'll just add this, if some of you weren't so sensitive there wouldn't be half the back and forth that takes over these threads. It's not that hard to just ignore him.
I completely disagree that people have been sensitive to his troll posts, people just got sick of his s***. From the first day he appeared and all but bragged about being banned from other forums, all he has done is flame. Numerous people called him on it, saying to post rational, cognitive thoughts and it quickly devolved into "your mom should have swallowed you".

I think I speak for everyone when I say that we are all completely open to opposing and contrarian views, which there are plenty on this forum. This isn't a place where people just blow sunshine up each other's butts and say everything is peachy keen. There are frequent disagreements and 99.9% of the time, they stay related to the topic and there is no middle school name calling. As long as people have reasoning for their opinions other than "he sucks" or some other troll logic, the discussion is civil. We've had people from numerous opposing teams come onto this board, talk football and have cordial banter without turning into what this guy has turned it into in his two weeks here. I don't think asking the conversations stay related to football and not turn into 10 year old name calling is being sensitive. It's been that way for damn near 10 years now, I don't think it's too much to ask keep the status quo.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Duck24 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:Only one of his posts was flagged. Honestly, I don't feel like he's been so bad that he deserves a banning, which is why I'm letting TK1 (or Bud if he so pleases) make the call.

He's certainly been annoying and rude at times but I don't feel that he's a blatant troll.

And QuackAttack92, cool it on the the obviously inflamatory posting. Strong opinions are great but half your posts are obviously meant to incite a reaction. Stick to the strong but rational opinions and you'll be allowed to stick around.

And I'll just add this, if some of you weren't so sensitive there wouldn't be half the back and forth that takes over these threads. It's not that hard to just ignore him.
I completely disagree that people have been sensitive to his troll posts, people just got sick of his s***. From the first day he appeared and all but bragged about being banned from other forums, all he has done is flame. Numerous people called him on it, saying to post rational, cognitive thoughts and it quickly devolved into "your mom should have swallowed you".

I think I speak for everyone when I say that we are all completely open to opposing and contrarian views, which there are plenty on this forum. This isn't a place where people just blow sunshine up each other's butts and say everything is peachy keen. There are frequent disagreements and 99.9% of the time, they stay related to the topic and there is no middle school name calling. As long as people have reasoning for their opinions other than "he sucks" or some other troll logic, the discussion is civil. We've had people from numerous opposing teams come onto this board, talk football and have cordial banter without turning into what this guy has turned it into in his two weeks here. I don't think asking the conversations stay related to football and not turn into 10 year old name calling is being sensitive. It's been that way for damn near 10 years now, I don't think it's too much to ask keep the status quo.
X2, but he won't change and he'll get what's coming soon after he comes back.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck24 wrote:

Agreed. His schtick may work well on OL.com but not here. His profanity and insults really detracts from the conversations we have here.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

I didn't mean to sound like a "get off my lawn" type, although re-reading that's exactly how it comes off, and by no means am I offended by his language, as I say worse on a daily basis. I come here for Duck talk, no matter if I agree or not. If I wanted to read childish insults, I would read Canzano's twitter mentions.

New members are absolutely welcome and I'd love to see this board grow so long as it is members who add value, regardless of their stance. In the decade or so I've been a part of this board, it has been a haven from the other cesspool boards and I would like to see it stay that way.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Duck24 wrote:I didn't mean to sound like a "get off my lawn" type, although re-reading that's exactly how it comes off, and by no means am I offended by his language, as I say worse on a daily basis. I come here for Duck talk, no matter if I agree or not. If I wanted to read childish insults, I would read Canzano's twitter mentions.

New members are absolutely welcome and I'd love to see this board grow so long as it is members who add value, regardless of their stance. In the decade or so I've been a part of this board, it has been a haven from the other cesspool boards and I would like to see it stay that way.
:lol:

It wasnt so much the words but the vitriol behind them. Hell Im a dispatcher for a trucking company, an hour into my day and I drop the F bomb like a comma!
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Duck24 wrote:

Fair enough.

The board will never be allowed to devolve into what others have become. I don't visit any board but this one so I value it and the community as much as anyone. I'm probably a bit more on the lenient side because I also don't want the board to turn into a duck-fascist site where anyone who ruffles some feathers (pun) gets the boot if enough people clamor for their banning.

QA92 was only one poster so I wasn't too worried, but if he continues is act when he comes back he'll be perma-banned.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Ruffling feathers with is completely fine in my book. I rather enjoy the banter with people who have differing opinions, fans of Oregon or not, just so long as they stay on point and have reasoned thoughts. The Husker fans who came on a few weeks back were great. We had some EWU folks as well who were contributing members. Hell, one of our mods is an SEC honk. This is by no means a green and yellow fascist state.

I would openly welcome Husky and Beaver fans on the forum if they were here to talk sports, give thought out opinions (biased or not) and engage is friendly trash talk. Things will always inevitably fly off the rails from time to time, just so long as they 'regress back to the mean' so to speak, it's all good. This guy just got worse with each successive post.

I'm beating a dead horse at this point. Thanks for the temporary reprieve from QA92. I anxiously await the hoards of hidden post notifications I will see next Monday once his ban is up, assuming he doesn't create another username in the interim.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

I've been a Duck fan since 1958(senior in HS) Been through a lot of rough seasons. Been spoiled lately. Probably a losing season this year. I'll live through it Still be a Duck fan. To attack someone personally is completely uncalled for. Winning or losing is on the team not one individual. Even with Lockie, last year we would have beaten WSU, with an ounce of defense in regulation and won the PAC-12. Dumping Prukop will not turn the season around overnight. Too many other problems. What's the answer? Fire coaches. I don't know. But personal attacks aren't the answer. I am confident that eventually the right things will be done to correct the situation
Kimber45
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kimber45 »

duck58 wrote:I've been a Duck fan since 1958(senior in HS) Been through a lot of rough seasons.
Dear Mr. duck58,

I'm not sure whether to bow, kneel or curtsy. Or write you a letter of condolences.

With all sincerity, thank you for being part of the forum.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

duck58 wrote: Even with Lockie, last year we would have beaten WSU,
Lockie couldn't have beaten Portland State. Nice kid but on the field hes a hot mess.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

QuackininBama wrote:
duck58 wrote: Even with Lockie, last year we would have beaten WSU,
Lockie couldn't have beaten Portland State. Nice kid but on the field hes a hot mess.
31 pts in regulation against WSU. With any defense shouldn't have gone to overtime and lost.