State your choice!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Re: State your choice!

Post by FlDuckFan »

I've suggested this guy before but maybe it should be brought back up. What about Jim Tressel ?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

FlDuckFan wrote:I've suggested this guy before but maybe it should be brought back up. What about Jim Tressel ?
He said he doesn't want to coach again and actually has a pretty nice gig now as the president of Youngstown State.
huckthefuskies
Three Star Recruit

Post by huckthefuskies »

buckmarkduck wrote:Here's the quote from JC article on OL.

"A source in Western Michigan coach PJ Fleck's camp indicated late Saturday night that the undefeated coach would "absolutely" be interested in Oregon should the Ducks make a change with Helfrich. Fleck isn't talking himself, but that's a hopeful development"
Exactly what I would want out if I wanted a raise though. Only works if you are being successfull.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Here's the quote from JC article on OL.

"A source in Western Michigan coach PJ Fleck's camp indicated late Saturday night that the undefeated coach would "absolutely" be interested in Oregon should the Ducks make a change with Helfrich. Fleck isn't talking himself, but that's a hopeful development"
Fleck wouldn't be my top choice, but I feel like he would do a good job here.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Jim McElwain, rumors are that he wants out of Florida and would be interested in the Oregon job if it opened up, he wants to come back to the west coast, specifically the pacific northwest, he could be setting things up to negotiate for more money but I think he would be a great hire.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

gofightingducks wrote:Jim McElwain, rumors are that he wants out of Florida and would be interested in the Oregon job if it opened up, he wants to come back to the west coast, specifically the pacific northwest, he could be setting things up to negotiate for more money but I think he would be a great hire.
Florida fans wouldn't mind...
BTJ201
Three Star Recruit

Post by BTJ201 »

gofightingducks wrote:Jim McElwain, rumors are that he wants out of Florida and would be interested in the Oregon job if it opened up, he wants to come back to the west coast, specifically the pacific northwest, he could be setting things up to negotiate for more money but I think he would be a great hire.
Wouldn't this be closer to a lateral than a home run?
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

BTJ201 wrote:
We aren't hitting a home run.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

BTJ201 wrote:
At best, it's a lateral move. There's no guarantee he'll improve much, especially on offense, where he's struggled to put together competent, working offenses at Florida.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12

Post by FlDuckFan »

greenyellow wrote:
BTJ201 wrote:
At best, it's a lateral move. There's no guarantee he'll improve much, especially on offense, where he's struggled to put together competent, working offenses at Florida.
Eh.. I liked him at Colorado State but he's been lackluster here in Fl, general consensus is that they'd be happy for someone to take him off their hands.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

FlDuckFan wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
BTJ201 wrote:
Eh.. I liked him at Colorado State but he's been lackluster here in Fl, general consensus is that they'd be happy for someone to take him off their hands.
Which is why if this is one of their best new coaching options, they're better off sticking with Helf.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12

Post by FlDuckFan »

greenyellow wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
BTJ201 wrote:
Which is why if this is one of their best new coaching options, they're better off sticking with Helf.
Agreed, only realistic coach I'd drop Helfrich for right now is Fleck. The rest of the available pool is not an improvement, Harsin is Helfrich 2.0 but never had near the success. Chip and any other pipedream isn't happening .
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like he was fired so Mullens better have someone else lined up. For all those who wanted him fired, you got your wish. Hopefully the bitching around here on gamedays will go down to a reasonable level.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

greenyellow wrote:Looks like he was fired so Mullens better have someone else lined up. For all those who wanted him fired, you got your wish. Hopefully the bitching around here on gamedays will go down to a reasonable level.
As long as they replace him with someone that shows up prepared and actually shows improvement week to week, my bitching will stop. If we continue to be a dumpster fire due to yet another bad hire, I will probably continue to bitch.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

karlhungis wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Looks like he was fired so Mullens better have someone else lined up. For all those who wanted him fired, you got your wish. Hopefully the bitching around here on gamedays will go down to a reasonable level.
As long as they replace him with someone that shows up prepared and actually shows improvement week to week, my bitching will stop. If we continue to be a dumpster fire due to yet another bad hire, I will probably continue to bitch.
Fair enough but I expect more bitching next season