Pac-12 Hoops

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonDonor
Two Star Recruit

Re: Pac-12 Hoops

Post by OregonDonor »

fendallian wrote:
OregonDonor wrote:
Phenom wrote:Arizona jumped us to #7 in the latest AP poll.
UCLA #8 and we went up to #10.
We've won like 16 in a row, have beat UCLA, and even though we have same number of losses they stay ahead of us?

I'd like to think, maybe we need to win more convincingly, but the past 7 games have been won by an average of 24 points.

I get it. The Ducks crapped the bed to start the season, but since then they've been playing as well (or better) than any team in the country.

The rankings don't really matter right now anyways. If they continue to win it'll all work itself out. Would be nice for them to get a little recognition for the incredible season they're having though.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
I'm not saying I totally agree with the rankings but I do understand why UCLA would stay ahead of us in some voters minds.

They have losses to two top 10 teams , and a win on the road against Kentucky.

We have losses to one top ten team and one pretty lousy team. Our best win, against UCLA at home, is a good one, but still not going to rank as high as Kentucky on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I get that, but when you have the same record and win the head to head...

Formerly LetMeSeeYourO
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

OregonDonor wrote:
fendallian wrote:
OregonDonor wrote:
Phenom wrote:Arizona jumped us to #7 in the latest AP poll.
UCLA #8 and we went up to #10.
We've won like 16 in a row, have beat UCLA, and even though we have same number of losses they stay ahead of us?

I'd like to think, maybe we need to win more convincingly, but the past 7 games have been won by an average of 24 points.

I get it. The Ducks crapped the bed to start the season, but since then they've been playing as well (or better) than any team in the country.

The rankings don't really matter right now anyways. If they continue to win it'll all work itself out. Would be nice for them to get a little recognition for the incredible season they're having though.

I'm not saying I totally agree with the rankings but I do understand why UCLA would stay ahead of us in some voters minds.

They have losses to two top 10 teams , and a win on the road against Kentucky.

We have losses to one top ten team and one pretty lousy team. Our best win, against UCLA at home, is a good one, but still not going to rank as high as Kentucky on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I get that, but when you have the same record and win the head to head...

But the head to head was at home. I feel like if that game was in a neutral court, UCLA probably wins.

I don't have a problem with UCLA being ahead of us. If we beat them again, we will hop them.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

If this was football, I'd be pissed. It's bball though. We'll get to prove ourselves.

I'm sure Altman prefers for us to be under ranked too.
OregonDonor
Two Star Recruit

Post by OregonDonor »

Phenom wrote:If this was football, I'd be pissed. It's bball though. We'll get to prove ourselves.

I'm sure Altman prefers for us to be under ranked too.
True. Isaac and Suke were talking about this the other day. Isaac is a Kansas alum, and was saying he'd prefer his Jayhawks to be a little underrated, and even lose a game right before the tournament.

The blue blood team's fans know that rankings right now don't mean much. Just be good enough to get a good seed and be playing your best basketball at the end of the season.

So far the Ducks are doing just that. They've been getting better and better as the season goes on.

Formerly LetMeSeeYourO
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

Ucla shocked by Usc tonight
OregonDonor
Two Star Recruit

Post by OregonDonor »

cordy02c wrote:Ucla shocked by Usc tonight
If we win this week we have the opportunity to move up in the polls and in the Pac-12 tournament seedings.

Formerly LetMeSeeYourO
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Our RPI should be going up, with Tennessee win and now SC.
DuckNV
One Star Recruit

Post by DuckNV »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Our RPI should be going up, with Tennessee win and now SC.
Does the SC win "plus" get negated by the UCLA loss "minus" or does RPI use a more complex algorithm that's not so linear as that?
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

SC beating UCLA (for the fourth straight time, actually) really is a shock. When the Ducks played both teams in late December, the Trojans didn't even seem like they were in the same planet as the Bruins. Of course, hitting 14 three-pointers like the Trojans did last night helps. But keeping UCLA under 80 points is pretty good too.
Kyle's Brother
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kyle's Brother »

UCLA shot 6/20 from three. Not quite as scary when they're not hitting 75% of their threes or whatever the hell they were doing early in the year. It struck me as unsustainable at the time, and we know Alford is a s*** coach. Not surprising that they're dropping a few games. They've got the talent to win on any given night, but I'll never trust a team without a coach.