ESPN reporting Taggart as Head coach

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: ESPN reporting Taggart as Head coach

Post by Phenom »

cordy02c wrote:and also unless it was chip it wouldn't matter who was hired this would have been the reaction for anyone
Not for Fleck, I wonder why we didn't even interview him.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

You are who your record says you are
And 40-45 is his record. Underwhelmed couldn't even began to describe the kick in the nuts disappointment. I gotta stop posting today so as to not let Washington and Pac fans have fun all day watching us gasp while they dance for joy.

What in the world was so wrong with Fleck we wouldn't even give him, and his undefeated team heading to the Cotton Bowl the time of day???
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

QuackininBama wrote:
You are who your record says you are
And 40-45 is his record. Underwhelmed couldn't even began to describe the kick in the nuts disappointment. I gotta stop posting today so as to not let Washington and Pac fans have fun all day watching us gasp while they dance for joy.
You have to look at the circumstances and not just the final records. Or do you think Helf was a great HC?
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

rumors are with fleck there personality red flags that turned schools off
vegasdom
Three Star Recruit

Post by vegasdom »

I watched South Florida play FSU. When there down in a game they don't run the ball on 3rd and 10, he bombed it a lot, Offense should be happy. Lets see who he gets as D coordinator. Way better than Helfrich and Chip Kelly was a BS rumor.

OregonFan4Life you better go into hiding.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

I am okay with this hire, I would have preferred Chip but I think he will turn things around pretty quickly, he doesn't have to entirely rebuild like he did at his previous two head coaching stops. He has recruiting experience in both California and Florida and can probably get Oregon to actually keeping the few in state talent unlike Helfrich and the current staff. He has the backing of Tony Dungy and other top coaches. I think players will run through a wall for him so he won't lose the locker room when things aren't going great. I fell like this is like an Altman situation where he is not a splashy name and kind of under the radar. The question now is can he save this recruiting class and who does he hire around him because he does need a good defensive staff otherwise Oregon will struggle to compete as the conference is so much better than the Chip years and even in a down Stanford year they still won 9 games so they aren't going anywhere.
vegasdom
Three Star Recruit

Post by vegasdom »

Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs Coaches# AP°
Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (Sun Belt Conference) (2010–2012)
2010 Western Kentucky 2–10 2–6 9th
2011 Western Kentucky 7–5 7–1 2nd
2012 Western Kentucky 7–5 4–4 5th Little Caesars Pizza[n 1]
Western Kentucky: 16–20 13–11
South Florida Bulls (American Athletic Conference) (2013–2016)
2013 South Florida 2–10 2–6 8th
2014 South Florida 4–8 3–5 7th
2015 South Florida 8–5 6–2 2nd (East) L Miami Beach
2016 South Florida 10–2 7–1 T–1st (East) Birmingham
South Florida: 24–25 18–14
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

First member of his coaching staff - Shaun King, current QB coach and former NFL player. Florida and Cali recruiting ties.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

I guess Yost is out. To bad, I think he was doing an excellent job.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Please let all me we didn't give him a long contract with a huge buyout...
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
skdragon1
Two Star Recruit

Post by skdragon1 »

I don't understand the disappointment here.

Firstly, the misguided assumption that Chip's return would've been the second coming of Geez Christ. Look people, the rest of college football has caught up - everyone is running some form of hurry-up spread, everyone has nice facilities now, and the coaching talent in the league has gotten MUCH better since. He also emerged when UW and USC were in their "down" cycles, which is clearly not the case now. Because he took the league by storm in 2009 doesn't mean he can do it again in a VASTLY improved league in 2017. Good luck catching lightning in a bottle twice.

Second - to the people saying that we should've kept Helf... Are you serious? Have you forgotten about the second half of the OSU game, when the defense just got owned over and over again? It was an absolute embarrassment. Teams adopt the personality of their head coach and we all saw it, clear as day. This team was too nice. SOFT. Helping opponents up from the grass after two-hand-touch ring-around-the-rosie. Giving Brenner an encouraging "attaboy" tap on the ass after missing snap after snap after snap. Another year? What? Helf also said that he wouldn't have changed anyone on the staff. Another huge red flag. Another year of a 125th ranked defense? I wish I had that kind of SOFT on my pillow. Another year? What?

Lastly - on Taggart - I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. He turned around two moribund programs. That's not coincidence. If you've seen our defense and want to give Helf, Hoke and Pellum another ring-around-the-rosie go at it - then my only question to you is this: can I have the number to your weed dealer, because you are smoking some dank dank fire.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Love this:

"Trailing 41-31 with under three minutes left, UCF faced fourth-and-16 from its own 10-yard line. UCF head coach Frost elected to go for it, as one would. USF sacked Justin Holman and took possession with 1:44 remaining. The game was effectively done.

Instead, Taggart called a run play. Then two more. And on fourth-and-goal with 11 seconds left and up by 10, another one.

And so running back D’Erne Johnson punched a 17-point lead at almost the same time South Florida’s players discovered the replica Interstate sign from the War On I-4 trophy could be unsheathed from its wooden base. They thus began taking turns playing the pewter road marker like a guitar.

“Scott told me after the game he respected our team, but he’d remember that last touchdown,” Taggart said. “I told him, ‘Me too. I’ll remember it.’”"
Penky26
Four Star Recruit

Post by Penky26 »

sounds desperate even asking this but is this actually official through the school yet?
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

Not that I can find I'm sure we will get something when it gets later on the west coast
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

Not that this will matter to anyone on here but Harbaugh recommended taggert as well as dungy