polyduck
Four Star Recruit

Re: Cristobal to Oregon!

Post by polyduck »

TualatinDuck wrote:
duckfan22 wrote:
polyduck wrote:"Make no excuses....blame no one....do something!"

Drop the mike.......

What an awesome hire! Recruits....start lining up!
How can a guy thats only spent very little time out here on the west coast
put together a staff like this, when the previous regime when looking for a dc
came with Hoke. Just goes to the problems Oregon had. Now hopefully this turns
recruiting on its heals. the next few days will be critical to fill in this class.

Ive been watching duck sports since 1966 and this just might be the most
excited ive been for Oregon football. I may even go to the spring game for the first time..
I usually go to the Spring game and wont miss this one!

You can tell poly is excited, most hes posted in a couple years!
Duck22....believe me, I'll be there for the Spring Game! Hope to see you there!
T-Duck.....you're right, it's been a rough couple of years, and there really wasn't anything to comment about. But now...I'm FIRED UP with what Coach T is putting together in Blugene. He's got Duck Universe buzzin' with excitement once again. It's one thing to see family win a Heisman....but to finally see a family on the coaching staff.....is a dream come true! Thanks for touch in' base fellas! Lezzzz GO Ducks!
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

LegalizeQuack wrote:
Duck24 wrote: The only thing he hasn't done is bring back Amanda Pflugrad and it's still early so who knows? :lol:
Comments like these make me wish you guys had an upvote button.
Unpack those bags and stick around. We've got a good community and more voices are always welcome.
LegalizeQuack
One Star Recruit

Post by LegalizeQuack »

StevensTechU wrote:
LegalizeQuack wrote:
Duck24 wrote: The only thing he hasn't done is bring back Amanda Pflugrad and it's still early so who knows? :lol:
Unpack those bags and stick around. We've got a good community and more voices are always welcome.
Plan on it!
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

On the earlier point of "Is this the best staff on the west coast," the straight answer is Yes. washington gets some points for having Kwiatkowski and Jimmy Lake. USC should be mentioned because of Pendergast and Tee Martin, but lets recap.

Charles Clark- DB Coach of the Year in 2016
Jim Leavitt- DC of the Year in 2016
Joe Salave'a- arguably the top DL coach west of the Mississippi
Mario Cristobal- arguably the top recruiter and OL coach in the country

I mean... holy crap.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

StevensTechU wrote:On the earlier point of "Is this the best staff on the west coast," the straight answer is Yes. washington gets some points for having Kwiatkowski and Jimmy Lake. USC should be mentioned because of Pendergast and Tee Martin, but lets recap.

I mean... holy crap.
What to say to a recruit:

1. We have arguably the best coaching staff in the Nation, please see resume
2. We have to best and most modern facilities in the nation, come take a look
3. We have a little start up business behind us, there are called Nike, may be a connection for you down the road.
4. Uncle Phil and Aunt Penny look forward to watching you play along with the loudest fan base in the country.
Pontius
Three Star Recruit

Post by Pontius »

ArkansasDuck wrote:I kept up with Cristobal when he was the FIU HC because I'm a Arkansas State grad and fan and FIU played in the Sun Belt Conference at the time. He took over FIU just 2 years after they moved to FBS and did an incredible job. IMO he was given a raw deal there when fired. I always felt he was an excellent coach and he had this ability to find diamonds in the rough amongst all the other bigger Florida schools. Case in point TY Hilton. He was a 5'9 160 lbs 2-star recruit and FIU was his only offer. It was amazing watching him in college and all the creative ways that Cristobal used him...think DeAnthony Thomas just not quite as fast and probably a better receiver. That dude was the best player on the field even when they played the bigger teams and it was very obvious. Excited to see what he can do with a roster full of TY Hilton-like guys.

As a Colts fan, I really like this post. What's funny about Hilton, is that not only did he fall through the cracks among college coaches, he did the same with NFL coaches. All he's done is prove everybody wrong at every step. Thanks for the tidbit about Cristobal as it adds something to look forward to. I just hope it lasts for at least a few seasons to help solidify a nice base for the program.
Handsome Dan
Four Star Recruit

Post by Handsome Dan »

Alan wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:On the earlier point of "Is this the best staff on the west coast," the straight answer is Yes. washington gets some points for having Kwiatkowski and Jimmy Lake. USC should be mentioned because of Pendergast and Tee Martin, but lets recap.

I mean... holy crap.

3. We have a little start up business behind us, there are called Nike, may be a connection for you down the road.
4. Uncle Phil and Aunt Penny look forward to watching you play along with the loudest fan base in the country.
I'm not an expert, but I don't think the NCAA would look too fondly on implicitly offering recruits a post-graduation job at Nike.
LegalizeQuack
One Star Recruit

Post by LegalizeQuack »

Handsome Dan wrote:
Alan wrote:

I mean... holy crap.

I'm not an expert, but I don't think the NCAA would look too fondly on implicitly offering recruits a post-graduation job at Nike.
I might be wrong, but I recall hearing we have said to recruits: you will have "internship" opportunities at Nike after graduation.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Handsome Dan wrote:
Alan wrote:

I mean... holy crap.

I wasn't referring to a post grad job, I was referring to a post grad endorsement, also just blowing smoke. This is the happiest I've seen this board as a group since I joined.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Yea, I get what you're saying about it seeming* like it could be an NCAA violation of some sort, but the reality is every school in the country touts its post-graduate network. Oregon's is just a little more obvious.
Last edited by StevensTechU on Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pontius
Three Star Recruit

Post by Pontius »

LegalizeQuack wrote:
I agree. Strictly upvotes is the way to run a forum. Downvotes encourage a lot of negativity and stockpiling. The official message board of the Trailblazers is http://www.sportstwo.com/forums/portlan ... azers.123/ and they modified their message boards a few years back so it runs on a similar platform. I've also seen this same platform on other forums so I'm guessing it's probably doable if the admins here find it interesting.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

I mean... holy crap.

WOW-- Just WOW
Theducks445
High School Drop Out

Post by Theducks445 »

duckfan22 wrote:
polyduck wrote:"Make no excuses....blame no one....do something!"

Drop the mike.......

What an awesome hire! Recruits....start lining up!
How can a guy thats only spent very little time out here on the west coast
put together a staff like this, when the previous regime when looking for a dc
came with Hoke. Just goes to the problems Oregon had. Now hopefully this turns
recruiting on its heals. the next few days will be critical to fill in this class.

Ive been watching duck sports since 1966 and this just might be the most
excited ive been for Oregon football. I may even go to the spring game for the first time..
completely with you. That article really shed some light on the millions of small issues that existed with last years team.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I think this answers the question if Oregon is a top notch destination for coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk