Utah @ Oregon Game Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

ncduck
Senior

Re: Utah @ Oregon Game Thread

Post by ncduck »

There have been a lot of people questioning the Ducks the last few weeks. The Purdue game only added to that. This is the type of situation that pushes a talented and well coached team to really come together. With a couple games of experience under our belts I think Oregon comes out hot and scores a few early points. Then Utah chips away for a little while before the Ducks put it away in the 4th.

Last time I saw the easter bunny...it wasn't easter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnXR5Baq0X8

I think I saw Hout in this video.
huckthefuskies
Three Star Recruit

Post by huckthefuskies »

just confirmed.. The easter bunny was a no show.

"So you're saying there is a chance?" That John Denver...
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I need a highlight video or something to get me pumped.. I'm normally 3 times more excited two days before a game at autzen..

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Gameday at Cal game.. thats hilarious. um not gonna happen.... Gameday at USC ummmmm why would gameday come to a game where Oregon has already lost 3 games... not gonna happen either. It is maybe possibly conceivable that we beat Utah.. but Cal.. that is going to be ugly.. unless Oregon shows 10x more improvement this game and absolutely dismantles Utah.. i do not see any chance of us beating Cal. I want us to because they have beat us 3 years in row but reality is.. it is gonna be 4 years after the 26th. I will be at both games and will be yelling my lungs out hoping that Oregon can beat Utah. it is not out of the realm of possibility.. but as I stated on my predcition thread I see Utah winning by 11 and sticking by that. I hope I am wrong. I hope am wrong about the Cal game too. I am a diehard duck fan and will say just one thing about when Oregon loses... as a challenge to others... I will be supporting Masoli and Chip Kelly whether they win.. or lose. If miraculously the offensive line protects Masoli and he screws up thenw ill say so but right now.. am waiting for our O line.. to gel.. to block... and to open lanes for our RB's.. until they show a consistency of doing that.. I put more blame on our O line.. than on Masoli.. or Chip Kelly.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:.. am waiting for our O line.. to gel.. to block... and to open lanes for our RB's.. until they show a consistency of doing that.. I put more blame on our O line.. than on Masoli.. or Chip Kelly.
Amen. It all starts up front... whats the main difference between the 08 team and this team?!? Blocking up front.. when you're not named usc its tough to lose 3 NFL caliber linemen and pick up where you left off...

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:.... why would gameday come to a game where Oregon has already lost 3 games... not gonna happen either. .. i do not see any chance of us beating Cal. I... I am a diehard duck fan.
This is I believe a Utah @ Oregon thread but you peg the Ducks w/ 3 losses. I understand what you are saying but it seems a bit pre-mature. No chance of beating Cal??Why even play the game then? Having lived thru the Duck teams of the 70's & 80's I see a "diehard duck fan" as one who may be a bit dillusional but believes we can win any game. Being a fan who gives up on a game or the team is like having a wife forgive you for something then throw your pillow on the couch. Sorry for the rant, it isn't intended as a personal attack on anyone. GO DUCKS
Greydrake
Four Star Recruit

Post by Greydrake »

uodux1212 wrote:
GoDucksIn09 wrote:.. am waiting for our O line.. to gel.. to block... and to open lanes for our RB's.. until they show a consistency of doing that.. I put more blame on our O line.. than on Masoli.. or Chip Kelly.
Amen. It all starts up front... whats the main difference between the 08 team and this team?!? Blocking up front.. when you're not named usc its tough to lose 3 NFL caliber linemen and pick up where you left off...
Running game will equally require James and Barner to show a bit of patience and look for the opening seam. I get the impression from Campbell's and Kelly's comments ("Play like you do in practice" I think was Campbell's quote) that the backs were failing to execute in some manner, which leads me to believe, they were hitting the line with a burst of speed without reading what was unfolding in front of them. The RB's did much better in the late stages of the Purdue game, but that may be attributed to fatigue setting in the Purdue line.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

From what I've read and saw it seemed like they were just trying to run horizontally too often. There's an adjustment from high school where the kids can just run right around players, because they are easily faster than everyone else. In college that's not the case, so they have to learn to be patient, cut upfield, and hit the holes that have been created. This was obviously something they did a much better job of doing in the second half.
freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Post by freedjr »

duck55 wrote:
GoDucksIn09 wrote:.... why would gameday come to a game where Oregon has already lost 3 games... not gonna happen either. .. i do not see any chance of us beating Cal. I... I am a diehard duck fan.
This is I believe a Utah @ Oregon thread but you peg the Ducks w/ 3 losses. I understand what you are saying but it seems a bit pre-mature. No chance of beating Cal??Why even play the game then? Having lived thru the Duck teams of the 70's & 80's I see a "diehard duck fan" as one who may be a bit dillusional but believes we can win any game. Being a fan who gives up on a game or the team is like having a wife forgive you for something then throw your pillow on the couch. Sorry for the rant, it isn't intended as a personal attack on anyone. GO DUCKS
Agreed. I keep thinking of the difference between last year's Stanford and Arizona games. Night and day. No reason it can't happen this year. Granted Cal is good, but the Ducks have the talent even if they haven't shown it yet.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

No offense taken. I am hopeful that I am wrong and crossing my fingers. The ducks surprised me down the stretch last year and would love to be wrong again. I might be on the Utah game. The Cal game worries me a lot but we have to focus only on Utah. A lot of things can be fixed be it the penalties.. or the defense playing every down every drive and being focused on closing the door when get a lead in the second half. I will be at both games and will be the first to admit that was wrong thankfully if we beat Cal. First things first.. we need to beat Utah.I am hopeful but not overly optimistic based on what have seen.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Wow...our uni combo is...random.
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

god, why pick that ugly uni combo on national tv? I prefer white/black/white or white/yellow/white. btw, our mistake on punt killed us, 7-7
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

we need to contiune get first down
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

Defense is looking great!
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

My thoughts early on:
Casey Martin gets one more chance w/ the jerseys, those pants look hideous
Does Masoli know he can keep the ball on the zone read? He has misread more than a few plays..I hope he can get it together