Any else cautiously optimistic?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Re: Any else cautiously optimistic?

Post by Merganzer »

bdkipe wrote:FYI Guys and Gals = We skip USC next year:

v Southern Utah = WIN
v Nebraska = WIN (Revenge and Taggert Mojo - team will be pumped for this game)
@ Wyoming = WIN (possible letdown game, but in spite of altitude and great coaching, we simply have too much talent)
@ ASU = WIN (Graham has that program headed in the wrong direction, he's the 2017 version of Helf)
v Cal = WIN (cupboard is bare for JWilcox and Crew, although Baldwin's O will put up points on our D)
v WSU = WIN (Coach Joe is going to have the Dline fired up and I believe this is part of the "revenge Pacific NW tour")
@ Stanford = PICK 'EM, but this feels like one of the every-other-years where Stanford's offense goes MIA #NoMoreMcCaffrey
@ UCLA = WIN (as usual Mora guts his coaching staff this past off-season and the team quits on him once adversity hits)
v Utah = WIN (Willingham will not be able to keep his hands off the offense an entire season, he'll F up their mojo at some point)
@ Washingtom = LOSS (God, this pains me to admit this)
V Arizona = WIN (at this point I think Rich Rod will have been axed and an interim coach named)
V OsEWE = WIN (four words: Revenge, Rivalry, Talent, Autzen)

Go ahead and pick the above apart, but I see one FOR SURE loss (UW) and I really have no faith in Stanford's "O" putting it together in back-to-back years, especially sans McCaffrey.
Looks good to me, I'm hearing that Wyoming has a very good quarterback, so a nice test on the road.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Merganzer wrote:

v Southern Utah = WIN
@ Wyoming = WIN (possible letdown game, but in spite of altitude and great coaching, we simply have too much talent)
@ ASU = WIN (Graham has that program headed in the wrong direction, he's the 2017 version of Helf)
v Cal = WIN (cupboard is bare for JWilcox and Crew, although Baldwin's O will put up points on our D)
v WSU = WIN (Coach Joe is going to have the Dline fired up and I believe this is part of the "revenge Pacific NW tour")
@ Stanford = PICK 'EM, but this feels like one of the every-other-years where Stanford's offense goes MIA #NoMoreMcCaffrey
@ UCLA = WIN (as usual Mora guts his coaching staff this past off-season and the team quits on him once adversity hits)
v Utah = WIN (Willingham will not be able to keep his hands off the offense an entire season, he'll F up their mojo at some point)
V Arizona = WIN (at this point I think Rich Rod will have been axed and an interim coach named)

Go ahead and pick the above apart, but I see one FOR SURE loss (UW) and I really have no faith in Stanford's "O" putting it together in back-to-back years, especially sans McCaffrey.
Looks good to me, I'm hearing that Wyoming has a very good quarterback, so a nice test on the road.
I understand that Wyoming should be a test but Taggart and Co will probably get skewered if they lose that one.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Wyoming is a borderline top 25 team to start the year. They may be ranked when we play them which would put our guys on notice. Bohl is a very good coach. Don't be surprised if they're even favored by a point or two come September.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Merganzer wrote:

v Southern Utah = WIN

2013 is the last time we went undefeated at home. As much as I like the direction things seem to be headed, that won't just be fixed in one season.

Also, call me a downer, but I doubt we win all three of @Wyoming, @ASU, and @UCLA.

We will lose a home game, UW, Stanford, and one of those other three road games.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Wyoming is a borderline top 25 team to start the year. They may be ranked when we play them which would put our guys on notice. Bohl is a very good coach. Don't be surprised if they're even favored by a point or two come September.
Lucky for UO, the Wyoming D isn't much of any better than our D. They a pretty sorry on D, so we should move the ball at will.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Just looked, and Wyoming's QB is projected as a top 10 pick next year. Should be a fun game, and I'm making the trek out there too!
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Just looked, and Wyoming's QB is projected as a top 10 pick next year. Should be a fun game, and I'm making the trek out there too!
Some are saying #1 overall. he can sling it.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Just looked, and Wyoming's QB is projected as a top 10 pick next year. Should be a fun game, and I'm making the trek out there too!
Not to mention they were undefeated at home during the regular season.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

I just looked at prices for tickets to the Oregon vs Wyoming game and they are starting at $135 bucks. The average starting price of their other games is $18. Yep, their crowd will be pumped for this one.
polyduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by polyduck »

Against Brady Joke's defense this would of been a loss....no doubt. I am confident that our new & improved "Gang Green" defense led by Coach Leavitt /Salave'a will DO SOMETHING special that day!
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

We need to go all SEC style and keep pounding the rock with Royce and our new heavier line against WY. Keep their QB weapon off the field. PS, watching the Spring game, I was surprised how quickly our O-line has gotten much bigger/heavier this year. Rad's bullets over bowling balls is gone and we have flipped back to big heavy bowling balls. Maybe our world been been turned upside-down. Bigger and stronger anyway.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

karlhungis wrote:
Merganzer wrote:

v Southern Utah = WIN

I understand that Wyoming should be a test but Taggart and Co will probably get skewered if they lose that one.
That game has all the makings of a letdown and has since the day it was scheduled. It's at altitude (7K feet above sea level I believe), the biggest game Wyoming will play all year, they have a QB who would have gone top 10 this year, a coach who is used to beating the 'big boys', Oregon coming off of their biggest non-conference game of the year, Oregon has no depth making the altitude issue worse...the list could go on. They play Iowa week 1 so we should learn a fair amount about them then. They'll have to bring their A game, that is for damn sure. It's crazy saying this but Wyoming is no joke.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Why did we even schedule a game there?
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

10-3 / 9-4 keeps my pitch fork in its holster.

Defenses are regularly turned around rapidly, particularly when the biggest issue was an obsolete scheme that has failed repeatedly and consistently in this conference. I am very optimistic ppg can be brought under 30. Heck, Coach Pepsi will have more 4 stars in his 3 deep than he has had in total at CU and USF.

I have more concerns about the offensive coaches modifying the Gulf Coast from a QB running offense to a more balanced offensive. Defenses will play it vastly different with Herbert behind center than they did facing a 1500 yard rusher as a QB. Coaches will need to adapt, but until they prove they cant I'll be optimistic.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

GrandpaDuck wrote:10-3 / 9-4 keeps my pitch fork in its holster.

Defenses are regularly turned around rapidly, particularly when the biggest issue was an obsolete scheme that has failed repeatedly and consistently in this conference. I am very optimistic ppg can be brought under 30. Heck, Coach Pepsi will have more 4 stars in his 3 deep than he has had in total at CU and USF.

I have more concerns about the offensive coaches modifying the Gulf Coast from a QB running offense to a more balanced offensive. Defenses will play it vastly different with Herbert behind center than they did facing a 1500 yard rusher as a QB. Coaches will need to adapt, but until they prove they cant I'll be optimistic.
Oregons qb will run some.. But watching the spring game and how vanilla they
were with the offense they have the looks of a great offense. The fly sweep gives them
more options and will keep defenses guessing. And they went down field in passing game
more then weve seen. Offense will be fine.
Defense will be better but they need more depth then they have. My pitch fork will stay
in the garage for a couple of years. coach pepsi will get the ship turned around but thats not
an overnight fix. I think and believe the effort will be there and they are addressing it in their
recruiting.