Question ~ Ramifications if Snoop had stayed

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

MFRDuckFan
Senior

Question ~ Ramifications if Snoop had stayed

Post by MFRDuckFan »

1. Would LGB have committed if Snoop had stayed?

2. Compared to talent in the draft last year, would Snoop be going as high or higher this year?

3. JJ ~ If Snoop had stayed, would he have had the year he did? Plus, compare his draft stock if Snoop had stayed.

I was just wondering how everything would have fallen into place if Snoop had stayed.........it's interesting to revisit the What If's. Would like your thoughts.......
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Re: Question ~ Ramifications if Snoop had stayed

Post by gofightingducks »

Blount would not have come, Stewart probably would have went about where he did last year (13) and he probably would have had a similar year to JJ and Blount.
scaredhitless08
Two Star Recruit

Post by scaredhitless08 »

gofightingducks wrote:Blount would not have come, Stewart probably would have went about where he did last year (13) and he probably would have had a similar year to JJ and Blount.
In hindsight, I think it worked out for him and us.. we get Blount for another year and he got the NFL gig earlier, which in the long run he'll have more seasons in the league.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

I believe the early season transition may have been smoother, but the overall season may not have turned out much different, with the possible exception of the BSU game. (IMO, they wouldn't have had any safeties left standing by the end of the game...)
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

My thought was that for JJ, he had an opportunity to showcase his talent and believe that helped his NFL stock. I can easily see him at San Diego with tandem with Sproles (if LT doesn't continue on). He was able to step out of Snoops shadow and really shine. Good for him!

Blount would have gone somewhere else and next year wouldn't be looking as bright as it is now perhaps.

For 2009, I think it set the stage for an awesome year!!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Yeah I'm with the other posts here. Blount would not have chose Oregon if snoop had stayed. I wonder if we would have finished better than 10-3 with snoop. I'd probably guess we would finish about the same, but who knows..

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

I still say that JJ would be a awesome fit in Indy. Could you imagine him in that Colts offense. That is the one thing they lack is a shifty speedy back.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

I think we might not of lost the Cal game, because we could've run a little more effectively in the monsoon. And maybe the BSU game, just because Snoop is a better back.

I know we had great backs this year, but Snoop was still better. He's gotta be the back of the decade for the Ducks. Things worked out, but we might've been able to squeeze out one more win out of this year with him.
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

blount is good but he struggle against USC, If Stewart stayed this year, our running game would be better against USC, since he would pound North and south, and JJ run west/east. We could be 11-1, I don't see BSU stopping J.Stew and we can win against CAL
scaredhitless08
Two Star Recruit

Post by scaredhitless08 »

chump01284 wrote:blount is good but he struggle against USC, If Stewart stayed this year, our running game would be better, since he would pound North and south, and JJ run west/east. We could be 11-1, I don't see BSU stopping J.Stew and we can win against CAL
IF Stewart stayed healthy for the entire year, if there's one knock on Stew it was that he'd always have some nagging injury pop-up during the season. I would've loved to see Stew come back and run for another 1000 yds, but having Blount for 2 seasons works in our favor.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

1. Blount wouldn't have come.

2. Stewart would've gone in the top 10 if he had a season similar to last years.

3. We would've gone 11-1. It was not Blount's fault we lost any of those games, but J-Stew is on another level and would've put us over the top, IMO.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Phenom wrote:1. Blount wouldn't have come.

2. Stewart would've gone in the top 10 if he had a season similar to last years.

3. We would've gone 11-1. It was not Blount's fault we lost any of those games, but J-Stew is on another level and would've put us over the top, IMO.
Good points......but if he would have stayed, we would be in a tight spot for 09. Our backup guys are going to step up, but I think it would have been difficult to drop the whole running game on their shoulders for 09 because we wouldn't have had Blount. Blount gives us the cushion.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

MFRDuckFan wrote:
Phenom wrote:1. Blount wouldn't have come.

Good points......but if he would have stayed, we would be in a tight spot for 09. Our backup guys are going to step up, but I think it would have been difficult to drop the whole running game on their shoulders for 09 because we wouldn't have had Blount. Blount gives us the cushion.
Very true...Blount is an amazing player and does give us that cushion, like you said.
duc_15
One Star Recruit

Post by duc_15 »

Yea I agree with what has been said. We would of probably won 1 or 2 more games this year with Stewart but with Blount we go into next year with a guy who can carry the load for a good portion of a game.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I think we might have won the Cal game with Snoop, but who knows. Boise St was lost because our defense was terrible and Masoli got knocked out early. USC was lost no matter who we had.