RANT - Forum Etiquette

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck24
Senior

Re: RANT - Forum Etiquette

Post by Duck24 »

Looks like every thread I start moving forward will have leading/trailing ellipses.
Thurston
Two Star Recruit

Post by Thurston »

I love this board because (as a long-time lurker) I appreciate that you guys have game threads. Ever been to eDuck on a game day? Ever been to eDuck on a game day where the Ducks lose? 100 one-post threads complaining about everything you could possibly complain about. It's madness. Everybody creating their own thread to make the same exact point as everybody else is my only real internet message board complaint. So in that regard, this place is great.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

justducky0 wrote:feel free to leave any time nogerO.
You really are a little cranky lately. But thanks for the advice newby...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

You missed a golden opportunity to title this thread as:

"The Worst Forum Topic Title Is ..."
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Not defending it, but the way our media is going, clickbait and vague headlines are the only headlines. It's becoming immersed in all forms now. IE Facebook posts, forum posting etc.
yeah that's why it rubs me the wrong way. I hate click bait
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Mine was not intended as click bait but I certainly see how it was. I will refine, I did not intend it to be click bait. Click bait does not bother me in the least. Here I will open it just to see if it's something I have a decent response for. With the media, if they have to use click bait it tells me the story is not worth opening so I don't, give me a headline that gets my attention, like the good old days. lol