Uniforms for 2017

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Uniforms for 2017 - Still nothing

Post by buckmarkduck »

Is the helmet done by HGI or whatever the name is? I ask because we had issues with them and left them, and now that the wings are back they looks different, sharper without the tribal look to them. Is it possible nike did these helmets?
goducks99
Two Star Recruit

Post by goducks99 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Is the helmet done by HGI or whatever the name is? I ask because we had issues with them and left them, and now that the wings are back they looks different, sharper without the tribal look to them. Is it possible nike did these helmets?
According to this article, Oregon is using Gemini Plastics for these helmets.
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... iver_index
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

goducks99 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:Is the helmet done by HGI or whatever the name is? I ask because we had issues with them and left them, and now that the wings are back they looks different, sharper without the tribal look to them. Is it possible nike did these helmets?
According to this article, Oregon is using Gemini Plastics for these helmets.
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... iver_index
I know they say that but it's odd that of all the services their website lists, helmet painting is not one of them.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

HGI is the best in the business by a very wide margin. They have the technology protected that enables them to do things that other simply can't. I really wish I knew the full story, but something happened between Nike & HGI that caused Nike to look elsewhere. I've heard through the grapevine that Nike effectively demanded HGI give them better-than-market rates because, in their eyes, they were largely responsible for getting HGI's name out there when they started doing the Ducks helmets - to which HGI said 'no, it's not fair to our other customers.' I've also heard that Nike complained of helmets breaking/malfunctioning and that HGI refused to work toward a solution. Given that no other school has reported helmet malfunctions, and that I never saw that happen on the field with the Ducks, one of the aforementioned stories seems more reasonable than the other...
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

StevensTechU wrote:HGI is the best in the business by a very wide margin. They have the technology protected that enables them to do things that other simply can't. I really wish I knew the full story, but something happened between Nike & HGI that caused Nike to look elsewhere. I've heard through the grapevine that Nike effectively demanded HGI give them better-than-market rates because, in their eyes, they were largely responsible for getting HGI's name out there when they started doing the Ducks helmets - to which HGI said 'no, it's not fair to our other customers.' I've also heard that Nike complained of helmets breaking/malfunctioning and that HGI refused to work toward a solution. Given that no other school has reported helmet malfunctions, and that I never saw that happen on the field with the Ducks, one of the aforementioned stories seems more reasonable than the other...
It was between UO and HGI. Our helmets started flaking and when the equipment guys called HGI and asked them to fix it, they said no, they would only do it if they were paid for it. They wouldn't stand behind their work, and that caused the UO to tell them to pound sand, especially when you consider all UO did to expand their brand.
polyduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by polyduck »

Whew! Glad that the WINGS are back! Even though it looks like a modified version and they may not be full time...we'll take it. Can't wait to see the NEW era of Duck football under Coach T to begin next weekend!

#wingsareback!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Based on these Instagram photos from Jonah Moi, it looks like they'll have some yellow helmets but they won't have the wings on them.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Weird helmets. Color is nice though.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

No info, just reading the tea leaves here. But that yellow helmet combined with the green jersey and pants, might be the unis for game 1.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

buckmarkduck wrote:No info, just reading the tea leaves here. But that yellow helmet combined with the green jersey and pants, might be the unis for game 1.
I love that combo
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

buckmarkduck wrote:No info, just reading the tea leaves here. But that yellow helmet combined with the green jersey and pants, might be the unis for game 1.
I'm getting the same feeling, especially since another shot has the equipment managers putting the green jerseys in their lockers.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

buckmarkduck wrote:It was between UO and HGI. Our helmets started flaking and when the equipment guys called HGI and asked them to fix it, they said no, they would only do it if they were paid for it. They wouldn't stand behind their work, and that caused the UO to tell them to pound sand, especially when you consider all UO did to expand their brand.
Seems odd given no other team has complained of flaking helmets.
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

StevensTechU wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:It was between UO and HGI. Our helmets started flaking and when the equipment guys called HGI and asked them to fix it, they said no, they would only do it if they were paid for it. They wouldn't stand behind their work, and that caused the UO to tell them to pound sand, especially when you consider all UO did to expand their brand.
Seems odd given no other team has complained of flaking helmets.

We had them before anyone else, maybe HGI had the problem fixed by the time other teams started using them?
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

greenyellow wrote:Based on these Instagram photos from Jonah Moi, it looks like they'll have some yellow helmets but they won't have the wings on them.

I knew I had seen this combo before... I just wish they would have gone green facemask.

http://fishduck.com/2013/08/the-day-the ... ick-saban/
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Excited to see the combo.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13