Fall Camp Updates

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

justducky0
Senior

Re: Fall Camp Updates

Post by justducky0 »

Any Word on Deommodore Lenoir ? Seeing lots of freshman's names pop up about showing a lot of potential and making plays but nothing about DL.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

yesterday or the day before they mentioned him on a tackle and
had been making plays...not to worry. Freshman are going to play.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

justducky0 wrote:Any Word on Deommodore Lenoir ? Seeing lots of freshman's names pop up about showing a lot of potential and making plays but nothing about DL.
here ya go From yesterday

After the mid-practice "Gatorade break" in the shade, the team moved into the red zone for 7-on-7 and the last team period. In 7-on, Daewood Davis juked a cornerback and crossed the goal line. But the defense had the edge, with Deommodore Lenoir breaking up a couple passes and Brady Breeze nearly intercepting an underthrown ball that hit him in the back and hung in the air momentarily. … The team red-zone drill was very even. Benoit (above) scored two touchdowns and Felix had another, thanks in part to a Jake Pisarcik block. But the defense also forced two three-and-outs, including one drive that netted negative yards thanks to tackles by Faoliu, Hotchkins and Ty Griffin.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I see Birch was moved to WR, I wonder if it's as much Alie adding depth now that he's back, sick and wedding, or just moving Birch around a bit. Don't know enough about him to know wether he will crack the depth chart much at WR, at best he was #3 at QB, now probably #4.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Alan wrote:I see Birch was moved to WR, I wonder if it's as much Alie adding depth now that he's back, sick and wedding, or just moving Birch around a bit. Don't know enough about him to know wether he will crack the depth chart much at WR, at best he was #3 at QB, now probably #4.
They wanted him at WR but early in camp they needed the extra arm. Now that things are settling in it's time for him to start getting reps where he's most needed. It certainly makes him an emergency qb but it should also give him a new perspective on running routes and what's expected of him as a wr.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Leavitt already needs a new hat!
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

TualatinDuck wrote:Leavitt already needs a new hat!

Lol, I wasn't going to say anything but that is a "blue collar hat", although the sweat stains are in the wrong place. Looking at the back of his neck and the top of his hat he looks like he got sloppy in the weight room......although he does have sweat stains on the bill...... good looking hat!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Elijah George 8/11 pre-practice interview:

Moseley's 8/11 practice report: http://www.goducks.com/news/2017/8/11/f ... ug-11.aspx

DT's 8/11 practice observations/interviews: http://oregon.247sports.com/Article/Ins ... -106015777

OregonLive's projected depth chart entering Saturday's scrimmage: http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... iver_index
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Alie with th 2's, sounds like a redshirt for Braxton may be in play. Of course I know a red shirt last only as long as they don't burn it. Hope Herbert stays healthy and Alie gets some field time in clean up.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Alan wrote:Alie with th 2's, sounds like a redshirt for Braxton may be in play. Of course I know a red shirt last only as long as they don't burn it. Hope Herbert stays healthy and Alie gets some field time in clean up.
They mentioned that Braxton was with the 2s in the next drill.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Phenom wrote:
Alan wrote:Alie with th 2's, sounds like a redshirt for Braxton may be in play. Of course I know a red shirt last only as long as they don't burn it. Hope Herbert stays healthy and Alie gets some field time in clean up.

Thanks, I missed that. Still hoping for a redshirt.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Alan wrote:
Phenom wrote:

Thanks, I missed that. Still hoping for a redshirt.
With how few QBs they have on the roster, they need to get Braxton some PT just in case Herbert and/or Alie goes down.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Greif's story about Royce working with the OL throughout camp: http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... iver_index
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Curious as to why no 1s vs 1s in the scrimmage.