Masoli Sucks

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

sepdxsnwbrdr
One Star Recruit

Masoli Sucks

Post by sepdxsnwbrdr »

This team deserves a better quaterback.

3 games is long enough...time to pull the plug on Masoli.

Terrible mechanics.

Locks on to one receiver.

Can't hold onto the football.

Can't handle snaps.

Jason Fife just called...and even HE thinks Masoli sucks.
Try to ban me...I steal wifi so I get a new IP each time I log on.
OreDucks01284
Senior

Re: Masoli Sucks

Post by OreDucks01284 »

Well, Masoli gave us 2 rushing tds. Other than that, his Turnover gave Utah chance to come back and almost beat us. He need to stop locking pass to Mahel, there's 2-3 WRs open most of time, I want see more pass to Dickson and Holland.

Most passes were horrible, too high, some hit groud and late pass.
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

COSTA TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Other than the 2 rushing TD's and a couple of decent runs Masoli was terrible. His mistakes almost cost Oregon the game. When he rolled outside of the pocket he did pretty good but inside he was terrible. The coaches either need to roll Masoli out of the pocket on pass plays or maybe rotate Costa in with Masoli and see which one steps up. Against Cal next week and even Washington, UCLA and Stanford on the road those mistakes and lack of execution will cost Oregon games. I am not saying Costa should replace Masoli, I just think when passing he needs to roll out and do a better job of protecting the ball and rotate Costa in a bit and see what he can do. LMJ on the other hand was pretty impressive and I think he will only get better and put up more yards.
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

agreed ^^ but it worked when masoli roll out on his left and pass to mahel for big yards. I think He will be better off roll out to pass than staying in pocket and locking on 1 wr most of time.
monster
Four Star Recruit

Post by monster »

Signed
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

3 games in a row.. The first pass play of the game for Oregon is an incompletion to Maehl on the right sideline.

What will the first play of Cal's defensive game script be?
Last edited by woundedknees on Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

woundedknees wrote:3 games in a row.. The first pass play of the game for Oregon is an incompletion to Mehl on the right sideline.

I am going to guess a pass play to the right sideline to Maehl! :lol:
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

May I suggest that the DB lay down on the ground about 3 feet in front of Maehl's hands... Should be an easy INT.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

Well when we were leading with score 28-10, I was hoping we would score 1 more touchdown (before Turnover) so we might get to see Costa play rest of 2nd half. :( I would do that if i was kelly becuase Ducks Defense played really well today, it wouldnt hurt to put in Costa when our score is 35-10 but damn turnovers and mental mistake by Masoli prevent that possible chance of puttin in Costa for few series.
freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Post by freedjr »

I am (was) high on the Masoli bandwagon and very anti-change QBs during the season, but I don't know what to think anymore. He even had more time this game and still couldn't get his throws right.

I don't know whether to start Costa, but it's hard watching Masoli.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

woundedknees wrote:3 games in a row.. The first pass play of the game for Oregon is an incompletion to Maehl on the right sideline.

If they do their scouting.....PICK SIX
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

Not happy with the passing right now, but I have noticed one thing. We don't seem to give our QB any easy passes to get going on early in the game. I don't see short outs, swing passes or even the old wideout screen. The pass routes I see are the more difficult seams, crosses and fades. What do you think would happen if we tried to get our QB in rhythm before we had to get long gainers?
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Masoli Sucks............Right now.

I'm not sure what the deal is but he just hasn't been comfortable and the lack of execution has been disheartening. I think I'm more frustrated with the man under the headset calling plays. This team needs a little momentum to get that offense going and so far Kelly is calling the kind of plays that get you into a hole quick if you don't execute right off the bat. Hard to develop confidence and rhythm when the play call is to toss it 40 yards sideways to a receiver who is catching about 30% of the passes that hit his hands. Still alot of passes being dropped. Not good.

Lets just hope that the plays that Masoli excels at are still wrapped up in the playbook being saved for later. Playbook does not look good right now....recievers not looking good. Passing not looking good. O line not looking good.

Defense overall, fortunately is looking good.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Quietduck wrote:Not happy with the passing right now, but I have noticed one thing. We don't seem to give our QB any easy passes to get going on early in the game. I don't see short outs, swing passes or even the old wideout screen. The pass routes I see are the more difficult seams, crosses and fades. What do you think would happen if we tried to get our QB in rhythm before we had to get long gainers?
My thoughts exactly....whos fault is this?