Masoli Sucks

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lacrossebill17
One Star Recruit

Re: Masoli Sucks

Post by lacrossebill17 »

masoli didnt look great but i would never put costa in if your gonna replace him we should put DT in for the future plus i think it has more to do with the oline playing like poo and are receivers are sucking it as well especially jeff maehl i know he had the one big play but i swear it seems he drops more balls than he catches and he always drops them on third down and i am complaining to but he won so who i say we look at positives like how LMJ IS A STUD ne ways thats my two cents
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

4-16 sux?!? No way... he didn't have a good game, but his receivers aren't helping out much. I'm looking at u LT.

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
odux
Three Star Recruit

Post by odux »

Yeah, great idea guys. Lets take out Masoli, just as the offense is finding its groove. And put in a quarterback who hasnt played since 2005. Great idea. Lets go back to the basic offense and start all over with everything just as league play starts. You all should quit your job and apply to be a college football coach.

Seriously? If we pulled Masoli or started to rotate the QBs. Then you could count this season goodbye. Newsflash people, WE ARE STILL PLAYING FOR A GOOD BOWL GAME. Just because we lost to a good BSU team, doesn't mean the season is over. Get a clue and take a look at the history of Kelly's offense. When he took over and Dixon was a senior. Look how many people wanted him to be replaced with Leaf after the first game. And how did that turn out for us? Each year, the offense seems to take a little while to get rolling, but when it does, look out. Kelly has a way of grooming the QB and the offense to be a well oiled machine. My prediction, you will all be saying by the end of the year that Masoli should be considered for Heisman and how great he is by the end of the season.

And had the coach put you all in, in the 4th you all would have been state champs!
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Masoli has no time to throw, the snaps are all over the place & his WRs continue to drop balls. The fumbles were bad, no excuse for those but not everything is the QBs fault. He's an easy scape goat for fans who don't understand football. There's a reason you are not the coach. You're on your computer whining on a message board.

WE JUST BEAT THE #18 TEAM IN THE NATION. GET A GRIP.
sepdxsnwbrdr
One Star Recruit

Post by sepdxsnwbrdr »

He had one "lucky" pass to Maehl...which was underthrown BTW and would have been a touchdown if Masoli understood the concept of putting air under the football.

He's got "happy feet" and NEVER squares his shoulders before he throws. The INT in the end zone was a perfect example of this. He did the same exact thing on the previous play and managed to get away with it.

His body language is what disturbes me the most. He has the same look I've seen form a dozen "coaches kids" throughout my sporting lifetime. He's in way over his head...and yet the coach keeps throwing him out there when he is clearly overmatched.

Hey "Coach" Kelly. It's time to sit your son on the bench and let the more talented kid take the reigns for a while.
Try to ban me...I steal wifi so I get a new IP each time I log on.
monster
Four Star Recruit

Post by monster »

Utah was wayyyyyyy over-rated. Their rating was based on last year.

As for Masoli, how many times was he sacked this afternoon? How many times was he rushed? He had time to throw. Maybe the O-Line was not spectacular, but Masoli sucked.
QuackSince82
Four Star Recruit

Post by QuackSince82 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Masoli has no time to throw, the snaps are all over the place & his WRs continue to drop balls. The fumbles were bad, no excuse for those but not everything is the QBs fault. He's an easy scape goat for fans who don't understand football. There's a reason you are not the coach. You're on your computer whining on a message board.

WE JUST BEAT THE #18 TEAM IN THE NATION. GET A GRIP.

Well said. Some times it seems like our receivers are getting in position to block their defender instead of getting open. Many times over the last 2 games Masoli has rolled out and had time to throw but the receivers don't even try to get open. I figured because they think Masoli is gonna run it?
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I think Darron Thomas is our best passer. When has Masoli ever passed like Thomas did in the 4th quarter against Boise last year? Supposedly his weakness is the read on the zone option but give him playing time and I think he'd learn quickly. Teams may be able to read that better but he loves Ed Dickson and I think would open up more opportunities as opposed to fewer which is what we're led to believe.

Costa I'd love to see too but he is pretty rusty I am sure.
oreducks77
Three Star Recruit

Post by oreducks77 »

I like the people pimping Masoli's two TD runs when one knows that Thomas and Costa would have scored on them too. They were easy reads... reads that he needs to make more consistently.

Masoli sucks as a quarterback... he really does... Chip has no excuse to keep playing him, it's 3 games... 12 quarters... 1/4 of our season is already over. Time to see if another guy can step up.... I think we have two.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

uodux1212 wrote:4-16 sux?!? No way...
If you think a 25% completion rate is anything other than terrible, you have a lot to learn about football.
stewbertwilloughby
Five Star Recruit

Post by stewbertwilloughby »

I think the worst thing Masoli does is carry the ball with one hand. And I don't mean tucked, I mean one hand. People, this team is getting better. The way most people are talking it's like we just lost. I want to know why I only seen Drew Davis and Tyreece Gaines only a handful of times. I think we need more dragging routes over the middle while Masoli rolls out. He just can't throw most of his passes from the pocket. I also think we need some RB screens and middle screens to Dickson.
GO DUCKS!
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

It almost looks as if JM doesn't feel comfortable running with the ball tucked.

I wonder if he unconsciously thinks it effects his balance?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

ducks1311
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducks1311 »

3 games, 29-64, 379yds, 0 td, 2 int
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

There weren't many drops today to provide Masoli an excuse. I think maybe 1 or 2, Ed dropped one early and LT also had one. He is just really struggling, the route Maehl runs on the sideline is consistently open but he's skipping them out there. Masoli looks extremely uncomfortable, he's aiming the ball, and he's squeezing it a bit which doesn't help his accuracy; it all amounts to him thinking about it too much.
AKA: CAgrown
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I totally agree with DThomas=DDixon.. I said before the season will support Masoli and Kelly as our head coach and see no reason to change that. Yes Masoli had a rough game.. but that happens even in the pros. the 4-16 is not helped by at least 3 or 4 drops.. and the 4 drops last week. I see many problems with the offense.. I see receivers who are given scholarships and a full ride.. that cant catch the ball with consistency.. I see an offensive line that is very young and a center that snaps the ball all over the place. One snap had to be bout 10 ft high.. who here could catch that. Point being there are many things on offense that need fixing.. and that will take time. Masoli.. is our starter.. and I am glad he is. he gives us the best chance to win. Costa has not played one down since 2006 competively in a real game.. and these whiners want to have him in there when he is not proven can do any better. I will stick with Masoli.. just as I will with Chip Kelly. For all those whiners.. when things come together and Masoli starts hitting his stride... will have the salt ready for your crow. We won.. We beat Utah.. we are now 2-1 with a very very difficult game coming up with Cal... Are you duck fans... or not.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO DUCKS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DUCKS