Its time for Thomas...

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dthomas=ddixon

Re: Its time for Thomas...

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

This is just another thread full of complete stupidity. How many times does this need to be said...THE COACHES KNOW ABOUT 100000 TIMES MORE THAN YOU ABOUT THIS TEAM & ITS PLAYERS.

Don't you think that if Costa or Thomas would really be such a vast improvement, like you think you know, the coaches would be playing them?! I'm sure Kelly wants this team & offense to struggle. I'm sure he knows Costa & Thomas are WAY better QBs but just refuses to play them because he wants us to suck......You are not smart. Seriously stop making fools of yourselves.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:This is just another thread full of complete stupidity. How many times does this need to be said...THE COACHES KNOW ABOUT 100000 TIMES MORE THAN YOU ABOUT THIS TEAM & ITS PLAYERS.

Don't you think that if Costa or Thomas would really be such a vast improvement, like you think you know, the coaches would be playing them?! I'm sure Kelly wants this team & offense to struggle. I'm sure he knows Costa & Thomas are WAY better QBs but just refuses to play them because he wants us to suck......You are not smart. Seriously stop making fools of yourselves.
I basically agree with you, but the bolded sentence I think is ridiculous. The coaches are NOT infallible. They make mistakes too, and keeping one starter in for too long can (not is, mind you) be one of those mistakes.

As a rule of thumb, trust the coaches because they know more than you, no question. But that doesn't mean they're perfect, and it's okay to think that they're making a mistake.
RPDuck21
One Star Recruit

Post by RPDuck21 »

I like how angry DT=Dixon gets when people second guess. It is our right as fans. If you don't like it, don't read the posts. There is nothing wrong with second guessing coaches. That's like saying no one should question the government and the people in it, which is absurd. There is nothing more immature on this board than you constantly complaining about this. Please figure it out.
[img]n11518193_35388654_3110.jpg[/img]
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

There's a difference guys. Second guessing in game decisions (play calling, clock management, etc) is normal & should always be done by fans. It's the fans that think they know more than the coaches about an individual player & his ability. That's where the stupidity comes in. Spend hours breaking down film, having meetings with these guys, & being at & evaluating each & every practice then get back to me. Kelly knows who the best QB is for this team. Just because you saw the guy make some nice throws in one quarter or a scrimmage doesn't mean you know more about the guy's abilities than the coach. Not even close.

Masoli is the leader of this offense whether you like it or not. He's the starting QB & players look to him. Benching him could be a disaster. The bottom line is we're winning. Why mess with that? This isn't Madden, things other than a players overall rating factor into who starts & plays.

If we get smoked by Cal & Masoli looks as bad as he did vs Utah then Kelly definitely needs to re-evaluate the QB position. For now though, its too soon. Just my opinion.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

I tend to trust the coaches, yet the end of the 2007 season keeps giving me an itch a scratch won't reach.

While I am not convinced that Justin Roper was ready to step in and lead the Ducks to victory against Arizona, UCLA, and OS EeeeeweE, the fact remains that the coaches kept saying that Leaf and Kempt were showing better in practice... Yet they certainly didn't seem to show it on the field. (And yes, I am aware that Leaf was injured so soon after he entered the Arizona game, that he never got on track.)

I am not convinced that benching Masoli is the answer, but sitting him for one or two series per game might help him see the field from a different perspective.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

RPDuck21 wrote:I like how angry DT=Dixon gets when people second guess. It is our right as fans. If you don't like it, don't read the posts. There is nothing wrong with second guessing coaches. That's like saying no one should question the government and the people in it, which is absurd. There is nothing more immature on this board than you constantly complaining about this. Please figure it out.

I agree with you. Plus, people have a right to suggest things, especially when other things aren't working. Maybe it's time for Thomas, maybe it isn't, but it's wrong to get on people for suggesting something like this.