Ducks Defense will only get better

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Re: Ducks Defense will only get better

Post by duckduckgoose »

Duck07 wrote:
Greenblood wrote:Colorado went from giving up 6.4 ypp the year before Leavitt (2014) to 5.7 his first season there. I'm hoping to see -- on a Duck defense that I'd like to believe has more talent than that 2015 Colorado unit -- an improvement from last year's 6.4 ypp to 5.5 this season. I'm not sure, however, that these games vs. FCS teams are counted in those stats.
They are; which also used to be a point of contention for the stats and rankings differences between the SEC and PAC as we played the extra conf game while they usually played another low mid-major at best at home. Fortunately we at least begin and end our regular season against FCS schools! :mrgreen:
I see what you did there!!! LMAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duck4Ever
Three Star Recruit

Post by Duck4Ever »

Greenblood wrote:Colorado went from giving up 6.4 ypp the year before Leavitt (2014) to 5.7 his first season there. I'm hoping to see -- on a Duck defense that I'd like to believe has more talent than that 2015 Colorado unit -- an improvement from last year's 6.4 ypp to 5.5 this season. I'm not sure, however, that these games vs. FCS teams are counted in those stats.

This defense has way more talent than that 2015 Colorado unit.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Duck07 wrote:
They are; which also used to be a point of contention for the stats and rankings differences between the SEC and PAC as we played the extra conf game while they usually played another low mid-major at best at home. Fortunately we at least begin and end our regular season against FCS schools! :mrgreen:
I go to the Team Rankings site (e.g., https://www.teamrankings.com/college-fo ... s-per-play) for this kind of data, and it's only data from games between two FBS schools. I think the "official" NCAA site (e.g., http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22) does have info for all games, but I'm not sure I've ever found a listing specific to ypp there.

In any case, it's just nice that there's reason for some optimism for real progress for the D this season.
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by HomeSickDuck »

Does anybody have any inside knowledge on Scott Pagano and Malik Young? Could either one of them see the field this weekend? Was hoping to at least see Young in some garbage time last weekend. Also, what about Robinson and Breeze? We're thin at safety right now, and with Williams in a boot right now, we need them back this weekend.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

HomeSickDuck wrote:Does anybody have any inside knowledge on Scott Pagano and Malik Young? Could either one of them see the field this weekend? Was hoping to at least see Young in some garbage time last weekend. Also, what about Robinson and Breeze? We're thin at safety right now, and with Williams in a boot right now, we need them back this weekend.
I don't expect to see Pagano or Robinson for another game or two. I'm hoping Young plays, but no one has said for sure, and I've also heard nothing on how Breeze is doing.
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by HomeSickDuck »

buckmarkduck wrote:
HomeSickDuck wrote:Does anybody have any inside knowledge on Scott Pagano and Malik Young? Could either one of them see the field this weekend? Was hoping to at least see Young in some garbage time last weekend. Also, what about Robinson and Breeze? We're thin at safety right now, and with Williams in a boot right now, we need them back this weekend.
I don't expect to see Pagano or Robinson for another game or two. I'm hoping Young plays, but no one has said for sure, and I've also heard nothing on how Breeze is doing.
Thanks.