Oregon @ Wyoming (Sept. 16, Sat 4 PM CBS Sports Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Oregon @ Wyoming (Sept. 16, Sat 4 PM CBS Sports Network)

Post by Phenom »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:I would not be pleased with 7 points in the second half the last 2 weeks.
You're not pleased about anything. your life must suck.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Yeah, throwing it there was bush.

Hopefully Chuckles is back by Wazzu or at LEAST Stanford. Ankles you never really know.

TBJ needs to play better.

Outside of that, I'm happy with the game. Thought the team showed growth. Zero doubt our defense is better. Leavitt is terrific. Moi, Dye, and Hollins are really good players. Still will struggle against good running teams, but that's a Jimmys and Joes issue. Herbert and the young WR's need some more reps together. I can see a cohesive identity on both sides of the ball and that's great to see because I haven't seen that since Azz/Chip combo.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Phenom. you know nothing of me... nothing of my life.. all you see is what post on here... How many losses will we have in the meat of the Pac 12 if we can only score 7 points in the second half. Leave my life out of it as you know nothing of it.. We are only talking about Oregon football.. You want to take shots at a person do it on a different board. Here we are talking about football.
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:Phenom. you know nothing of me... nothing of my life.. all you see is what post on here... How many losses will we have in the meat of the Pac 12 if we can only score 7 points in the second half. Leave my life out of it as you know nothing of it.. We are only talking about Oregon football.. You want to take shots at a person do it on a different board. Here we are talking about football.
Ducks are going to make the Playoffs.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

OK some of you need to slow your roll. Most of us have been posting here for almost a decade! Hell I offered Karl my direct TV log in so he could watch the game. This taking shots at each other is not acceptable. If I was an admin, you both would be in time out. We are all on the same team with the same dream. Fucking act like it.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Pontius
Three Star Recruit

Post by Pontius »

ducks5ever wrote:according to this pattern, maybe we'll score 14 in the 2nd half next week.
I like the pattern of it squaring rather than doubling, so 49.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Scott Pagano post-game interview:
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Just watched the game, had to record it cause I was in a wedding during the duck game. Impressive win! And the defense finally held a team under 20 points!!!! First time since 2014 they've done that. Been waiting for that! The second half slump was definitely due to the players and not the coaches unlike last week where it was both. Except for the consecutive runs on 3rd and 3 and 4th and 2, I thought the playcalling was just fine. If it want for Nelson fumbling a punt and the refs somehow thinking Herbert didn't fumble it, Oregon might have held them to only 3 points! This team is much improved and I didn't expect this type of win from Oregon. Now time for PAC-12 play! Let's hope these guys realize they can't let a team stick around for a while, gotta finish them as early as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

nogerO wrote:
Alan wrote:Okay a 20 yard fumble by Wyoming......no fumble, who is the ref crew from?
Corvallis?
NogerO aren't you at the game?
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

desertfan wrote:Jim Leavitt is the truth. Still have a long ways to go but the improvement on defense compared to last year is truly remarkable. Offer that guy a lifetime supply of Pepsi stat!
Makes me think that Helf's poor choices of defensive coordinators is what cost him his job. The mediocre recruiting was catching up to us also.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

RanDux wrote:
desertfan wrote:Jim Leavitt is the truth. Still have a long ways to go but the improvement on defense compared to last year is truly remarkable. Offer that guy a lifetime supply of Pepsi stat!
Makes me think that Helf's poor choices of defensive coordinators is what cost him his job. The mediocre recruiting was catching up to us also.
Helfs insecurities cost him the job. He could never have lead this coaching staff, the D coaches alone would have intimidated him. When he ran off Aliotti it was because he didn't like he questioned by his coaches. He wanted yes men on D, and that's what he got.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

buckmarkduck wrote:
RanDux wrote:
Helfs insecurities cost him the job. He could never have lead this coaching staff, the D coaches alone would have intimidated him. When he ran off Aliotti it was because he didn't like he questioned by his coaches. He wanted yes men on D, and that's what he got.
Ran off Alliotti? Alliotti left because he was passed up for the HC job, Alliotti's own words.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Thinking about Alie's pass in the end zone with seconds to go. I wonder which coach was calling plays, I thought Willie called the plays but the commentators said Arroyo was calling the plays a couple of times...... with that said i wasn't very impressed with the commentators. I could see Arroyo calling that play, I would be a little surprised if Willie called it. All I have to go off of is the video interviews I have seen.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

I was hosting a party so didn't see much of the game but from what I saw, Josh Allen sucks and our D was out to plunder him and his draft stock. He looked like what you'd expect a MAC QB to look like. Kid is going to regret not going to the NFL last year. He looked undraftable throwing off his back leg, throwing balls that landed 10 yards away from anyone, throwing high etc. You can blame some on a subpar supporting cast but I think someone is wasting a draft pick if he goes in the first round as projected.
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

Duck24 wrote:I was hosting a party so didn't see much of the game but from what I saw, Josh Allen sucks and our D was out to plunder him and his draft stock. He looked like what you'd expect a MAC QB to look like. Kid is going to regret not going to the NFL last year. He looked undraftable throwing off his back leg, throwing balls that landed 10 yards away from anyone, throwing high etc. You can blame some on a subpar supporting cast but I think someone is wasting a draft pick if he goes in the first round as projected.
I thought the exact same thing. It seemed like 60% of his throws were off his back leg even when he wasn't scrambling. He's got a big time arm but outside of that I can see why he had no offfers.