Oregon @ Wyoming (Sept. 16, Sat 4 PM CBS Sports Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: Q

Post by GrandpaDuck »

karlhungis wrote:
Duck4Ever wrote:
Lightning Strikes wrote:I have a bad feeling about this game, and I think 13 points is way too many to give the Ducks.

I can't pick Wyoming to win, but a one possession final score wouldn't surprise me at all.
I would think the same if they had a decent run game, which they did last year. Almost 3,000 yards. Now, Josh Allen has to do everything. He's going to turn the ball over and maybe a fumble or two when he gets sacked.
I feel the same. They just don't have a very prolific offense. They have a great QB that has to do it all and I don't think that will be enough against our team. I also think their defense will make things difficult on our offense but not difficult enough for the game to be in question. I just expect an uglier win than most fans are hoping for.
I maintain a huge gap between my hopes and expectations.

I expect we'll cover the 13 point spread. I hope our offense is significantly better than Iowa's and the Ducks can put up more points on them than the Hawkeyes did. On defense Iowa State scored 38 on Iowa meaning they aren't an impenetrable defense yet Wyoming only managed 3 so my hope is the transitive property works for once and the Ducks can hold them under 10 too.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Re: Oregon @ Wyoming (Sept. 16, Sat 4 PM CBS Sports Network)

Post by pudgejeff »

StevensTechU wrote:Trey Woods is from North Bend, OR. He's a talented kid running or catching the ball. I was surprised that OSU didn't offer him.
Ya, he was born/raised in Eugene as well. Wyoming got to him really early and the local schools didn't come on nearly strong enough. His oldest brother has been my best friend since we were kids.
dphi
Two Star Recruit

Re: Q

Post by dphi »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
Duck4Ever wrote:
Lightning Strikes wrote:I have a bad feeling about this game, and I think 13 points is way too many to give the Ducks.

I can't pick Wyoming to win, but a one possession final score wouldn't surprise me at all.
I would think the same if they had a decent run game, which they did last year. Almost 3,000 yards. Now, Josh Allen has to do everything. He's going to turn the ball over and maybe a fumble or two when he gets sacked.
I feel the same. They just don't have a very prolific offense. They have a great QB that has to do it all and I don't think that will be enough against our team. I also think their defense will make things difficult on our offense but not difficult enough for the game to be in question. I just expect an uglier win than most fans are hoping for.
I maintain a huge gap between my hopes and expectations.

I expect we'll cover the 13 point spread. I hope our offense is significantly better than Iowa's and the Ducks can put up more points on them than the Hawkeyes did. On defense Iowa State scored 38 on Iowa meaning they aren't an impenetrable defense yet Wyoming only managed 3 so my hope is the transitive property works for once and the Ducks can hold them under 10 too.
Only thing about that is Iowa got them at home and didn't have to play in elevation. Iowa/Iowa St. is like the Civil War - team talent/ranking often goes out the window for rivalry games like that.
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

StevensTechU wrote:Trey Woods is from North Bend, OR. He's a talented kid running or catching the ball. I was surprised that OSU didn't offer him.
I'm pretty sure Wyoming is slating him for OLB. I wonder if he's redshirting or not. I had heard he was looking pretty good in Spring. Might be on special teams.
dphi
Two Star Recruit

Post by dphi »

ifuwant2 wrote:
I'm pretty sure Wyoming is slating him for OLB. I wonder if he's redshirting or not. I had heard he was looking pretty good in Spring. Might be on special teams.
They moved him to RB late in Fall camp from what I've read. He got a few carries last week.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

ifuwant2 wrote:
They've since moved him to RB and he's playing now.

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... c0847.html
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

pudgejeff wrote:
Ya, he was born/raised in Eugene as well. Wyoming got to him really early and the local schools didn't come on nearly strong enough. His oldest brother has been my best friend since we were kids.
So what you're saying is that he's a Ducks fan... :lol:
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

greenyellow wrote:
ifuwant2 wrote:

Whoah. I hadn't heard about this. That's awesome for him. I figured they were going to beef him up for OLB and he'd redshirt, but then I read an article that said he was getting time on special teams. Didn't know they moved him to RB. I'm jacked to see him get some carries against us.

The Helfrich staff offered him a preferred walk on. I think he kind of got excited because he liked the Ducks so much. Then the new staff came along, and he got lost in the shuffle. I'd imagine he would have gone for the scholarship in Wyoming anyways, but I do know the Ducks were his childhood dream, like most kids who come up in Oregon.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Mario Cristobal 9/12 interview:

Marcus Arroyo 9/12 interview:

Michael Johnson 9/12 interview:

pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

ifuwant2 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
ifuwant2 wrote:

Whoah. I hadn't heard about this. That's awesome for him. I figured they were going to beef him up for OLB and he'd redshirt, but then I read an article that said he was getting time on special teams. Didn't know they moved him to RB. I'm jacked to see him get some carries against us.

The Helfrich staff offered him a preferred walk on. I think he kind of got excited because he liked the Ducks so much. Then the new staff came along, and he got lost in the shuffle. I'd imagine he would have gone for the scholarship in Wyoming anyways, but I do know the Ducks were his childhood dream, like most kids who come up in Oregon.
Interview after his first game.

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 89a9f.html
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

pudgejeff wrote:
ifuwant2 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
ifuwant2 wrote:

Interview after his first game.

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 89a9f.html
Awesome. Thanks.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Interesting fact about Wyoming QB Josh Allen versus Power 5 schools:
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Again, impressed with Cristobal.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »