Oregon @ Wyoming (Sept. 16, Sat 4 PM CBS Sports Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Greenblood
Senior

Re: Oregon @ Wyoming (Sept. 16, Sat 4 PM CBS Sports Network)

Post by Greenblood »

greenyellow wrote:Greif 9/12 practice report: http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... iver_index
And from Greif's report:

"Graduate transfer Scott Pagano practiced with his position group Tuesday and worked on tackling sleds during a 20-minute portion of practice open to media. He has yet to make his UO debut after undergoing offseason foot surgery.
At safety, both Tyree Robinson, who left Saturday’s 42-35 win against Nebraska early, and Brady Breeze, who has yet to play after tweaking a knee in August, appeared to have no limitations while hitting their own tackling sled."

It would be nice to have more bodies available this week simply for the possibility of excess "elevation fatigue."
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

ifuwant2 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
ifuwant2 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
ifuwant2 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:Trey Woods is from North Bend, OR. He's a talented kid running or catching the ball. I was surprised that OSU didn't offer him.
I'm pretty sure Wyoming is slating him for OLB. I wonder if he's redshirting or not. I had heard he was looking pretty good in Spring. Might be on special teams.
They've since moved him to RB and he's playing now.

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... c0847.html
Whoah. I hadn't heard about this. That's awesome for him. I figured they were going to beef him up for OLB and he'd redshirt, but then I read an article that said he was getting time on special teams. Didn't know they moved him to RB. I'm jacked to see him get some carries against us.

The Helfrich staff offered him a preferred walk on. I think he kind of got excited because he liked the Ducks so much. Then the new staff came along, and he got lost in the shuffle. I'd imagine he would have gone for the scholarship in Wyoming anyways, but I do know the Ducks were his childhood dream, like most kids who come up in Oregon.
Interview after his first game.

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 89a9f.html
Awesome. Thanks.
Trey seems like a great kid, good head on his shoulders. Too bad he was injured as much as he was in HS, would have been a good locker room guy for UO at the very least.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

As far as the stats of their qb against power 5 schools, I know this is a different coaching staff, but Oregon is notorious for making qb with bad stats look like super stars. Oregon needs to take them seriously and realize there is a whole lot of work to be done.
duxforlyfe
Three Star Recruit

Post by duxforlyfe »

Greenblood wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Greif 9/12 practice report: http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... iver_index
And from Greif's report:

"Graduate transfer Scott Pagano practiced with his position group Tuesday and worked on tackling sleds during a 20-minute portion of practice open to media. He has yet to make his UO debut after undergoing offseason foot surgery.
At safety, both Tyree Robinson, who left Saturday’s 42-35 win against Nebraska early, and Brady Breeze, who has yet to play after tweaking a knee in August, appeared to have no limitations while hitting their own tackling sled."

It would be nice to have more bodies available this week simply for the possibility of excess "elevation fatigue."
It would be nice to get breeze and pagano ready for Pac 12 play as well, not off any rust.
duxforlyfe
Three Star Recruit

Post by duxforlyfe »

dphi wrote:If anyone was curious, Wyoming and Oregon had two common opponents last year:

Oregon vs UC Davis - W 53-28 (week 1)
Wyoming vs UC Davis - W 45-22 (week 3)

Oregon @ Nebraska - L 32-35 (week 3)
Wyoming @ Nebraska - L 17-52 (week 2)
Good find. I know its a different year, but this is why I am not too worried about this game. Oregon is coming off a bad half that had to leave a bad taste in the staff's and player's mouths. I am looking forward to them responding with matched intensity between halves. I just have a feeling its gonna happen. I'm not going out on a limb in saying that, but some on here are a little scared. Is Josh Allen the only NFL talent on Wyoming? I wonder how much penetration Fat Mac will get vs their freshman center who is listed at 275.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

duxforlyfe wrote:I wonder how much penetration Fat Mac will get vs their freshman center who is listed at 275.
Wyoming's center is listed at 308 pounds on their depth chart.

http://www.gowyo.com/documents/2017/9/1 ... df?id=8109
dphi
Two Star Recruit

Post by dphi »

I like how Grief's practice report headline is "Pagano Works the Sleds"
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Right Tackle and Center both freshman according to that site. Should be interesting.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Greenblood wrote:
And from Greif's report:

Gonna be fun to see Pagano play when he's back.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Wyoming HC Craig Bohl discusses Oregon game:
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Bohl is a class act. Nice interview. It does sound like they are mainly gameplanning for Freeman. I hope we mix in TBJ and Benoit a lot more this week.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Side note.... how in the hell do you watch CBSSN?
OregonFan4life -
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

gogreen55 wrote:
duxforlyfe wrote:I wonder how much penetration Fat Mac will get vs their freshman center who is listed at 275.

Didn't realize how many guys they pull from Cali..

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
gogreen55 wrote:

Didn't realize how many guys they pull from Cali..
Cali has a lot of guys to pull.
OregonFan4life -
DCPoke
One Star Recruit

Post by DCPoke »

pudgejeff wrote:
ifuwant2 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
ifuwant2 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:Trey Woods is from North Bend, OR. He's a talented kid running or catching the ball. I was surprised that OSU didn't offer him.
I'm pretty sure Wyoming is slating him for OLB. I wonder if he's redshirting or not. I had heard he was looking pretty good in Spring. Might be on special teams.
They've since moved him to RB and he's playing now.

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... c0847.html
Whoah. I hadn't heard about this. That's awesome for him. I figured they were going to beef him up for OLB and he'd redshirt, but then I read an article that said he was getting time on special teams. Didn't know they moved him to RB. I'm jacked to see him get some carries against us.

The Helfrich staff offered him a preferred walk on. I think he kind of got excited because he liked the Ducks so much. Then the new staff came along, and he got lost in the shuffle. I'd imagine he would have gone for the scholarship in Wyoming anyways, but I do know the Ducks were his childhood dream, like most kids who come up in Oregon.
Interview after his first game.

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 89a9f.html
He's a welcomed edition to Wyoming's running back corps. Hall and Overstreet haven't been very effective so I suspect Trey will get plenty of opportunities to show what he can do.