Oregon @ Arizona State (Sept. 23, Sat 7 PM Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Oregon @ Arizona State (Sept. 23, Sat 7 PM Pac-12 Networ

Post by Phenom »

OregonFan4Life wrote:So basically what it sounds like is Oregon was very very very unprepared, I think we can all agree on that. Oregon was not ready for this game at all. When that happens, how much blame is on the coaches vs the players?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How did you come to that conclusion?

Same way to you came to the conclusion that Altman should've been fired a couple of years ago?
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Oregon @ Arizona State (Sept. 23, Sat 7 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Phenom wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:So basically what it sounds like is Oregon was very very very unprepared, I think we can all agree on that. Oregon was not ready for this game at all. When that happens, how much blame is on the coaches vs the players?

How did you come to that conclusion?

Same way to you came to the conclusion that Altman should've been fired a couple of years ago?
Oh I don't know, maybe for all the reason previously mentioned including, drops, missed blocks, poor read progression, and huge penalties, just to name a few. Not like saying Oregon wasn't prepared doesn't seem like a huge stretch

And I'm glad you brought up my lack of initial support for Altman his first year, clearly has everything to do with the topic at hand.

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Is it possible for two teams to both be prepared in a 2pt loss? Or will the loser always be unprepared? Are the things that went solely a preparation issue? How do we prepare ourselves for dynamic WR's if we don't have a single one on the team?
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

No, I don't think that we can. Preparation was certainly a factor but I don't think it is a fair assessment to say the team was "very very" unprepared.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

As another poster pointed out, everything went right for ASU and they escaped with a 2 pt win. It sucks but I think some are not giving ASU credit for playing above their heads all game long.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I'm so confused as to how I'm the only one that thinks the team wasn't prepared for the game. Just the amount of mistakes that were made to me shows they weren't ready. And regarding everything going right for ASU, did you forget the muffed punt right before halftime that led to an easy Oregon touchdown? Take that play away might never have gotten so close in the first place. I guess if you all disagree then fine, but I will stand by my stance that for whatever reason we do not know, Oregon was not prepared for this game.

Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I'm so confused as to how I'm the only one that thinks the team wasn't prepared for the game. Just the amount of mistakes that were made to me shows they weren't ready. And regarding everything going right for ASU, did you forget the muffed punt right before halftime that led to an easy Oregon touchdown? Take that play away might never have gotten so close in the first place. I guess if you all disagree then fine, but I will stand by my stance that for whatever reason we do not know, Oregon was not prepared for this game.

Oregon could've been better prepared for sure. But you saying "very very very unprepared" is a gross exaggeration.